MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

21 disposals and 8 marks is a pretty good return in anyone's books. Then again, he did great in his first game back for us last year but was found wanting against quality. Really hope he's turned a corner and get the chance for a long career.

Eagles would wanna win the next fortnight against GWS in perth and pies away they could miss the 8. Dont see how they do if Darling Kennedy and lecras arent back. crazy sort of year

Yep agree, they are playing pretty damn poor atm. Crows should have won that by 8+ goals such was their dominance.
yeah still got month of north in melbourne then derby then port in adelaide then us in perth. first 3 are 50 50 at most then obviously start favs against us but we could show up

It’s a shame we were good against top teams last year but so poor against bottom teams that we couldn’t make finals. This year we’re beating up on those bottom teams so well we’ll probably finish top 8, but if we were taking last year’s levels of competitiveness against top 4 teams in we’d almost be a chance at a flag. Instead we just look impotent

Only the 3rd game this season where both teams scored at least 100.

3 in 1 weekend, after having only 2 in the first 14 rounds. Who says footy needs to be fixed?

I think the bye rounds have exacerbated the feeling that the game is in trouble. It only takes 1 or 2 close games a weekend to be satisfied as a neutral, but when the games are spread out so thinly during the bye rounds you end up watching the bad games in hope that it is close.

I'm all for a whole league mid season bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been pretty good at the pies feel sorry for the campaigner deserved to play some finals i guess you can take the player out of melbourne but cant take the dees out of a player Fisted Forever. pies starting to get some injuries to some key players

Been pretty good at the pies feel sorry for the campaigner deserved to play some finals i guess you can take the player out of melbourne but cant take the dees out of a player Fisted Forever. pies starting to get some injuries to some key players

And yet here they're sitting on 2nd on the ladder. See Melbourne, this is what a hard-working team looks like.

I think the bye rounds have exacerbated the feeling that the game is in trouble. It only takes 1 or 2 close games a weekend to be satisfied as a neutral, but when the games are spread out so thinly during the bye rounds you end up watching the bad games in hope that it is close.

I'm all for a whole league mid season bye.
I agree, or over 2 weeks and make each game some form/version of rivalry round. Eg:

Week 1
North v melb fri night
Freo v wce sat night
Essendon v carlton sat arvo
Bris v gcs Sunday

Week 2
Rich v Collingwood fri night
Saints v dogs sat arvo
Adel v port sat twilight
Geelong v hawks sat night
Swans and gws Sunday

You could mke a case that every one of those games would get 40k plus, bar Brisbane match which would still be 28k. Some 70k crowds too. Tidy up the fixture and make it more fair for teams bye difference between finals.

spewing wont get to see Cyril play again bloke could make anybody look like a clown painted witches hat.

It's one of those ones where I wish the media let me decide how good he was and how impressive some of things he was were. Obviously a gun but ruined by the constant over hype.
if they just stfu and just watched him play youd go holy ****. but cause they sit back batting off over vanilla shit towards the end and they going off their head makes you start going he aint that good. he was a gun who could turn a game in a few moments or get a ball he shouldnt of been able to get and make everybody look stupid. his pressure, his goals, his rundowns, his tackles grabbing a wrist were awesome

Cyril retiring is sad, but the media and Hawthorn supporters make it feel like the end of the world.

Crawford literally said on twitter it 'feels a like death'

Need an opinion for a new username, was thinking either "FIGJAM", "Fat Nyfe" or "Simon Says"

Fat Nyfe for me, play on words
Use darthsidusfan, i believe it's available

Remove this Banner Ad

Back