MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither result is good for us tonight but I guess the swans winning is the better option as we’ll never catch them the way we’re playing.

The moment I post this the cats hit the lead. This is so bloody Melbourne!

If the crows bring half this intensity they have in the first quarter against us it will be a guaranteed ten goal loss.

Might get the percentage they lost against us back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I see they went goalless in a half again? They bloody learnt nothing from stacking a side with kids after watching us.
I reckon SOS is the most overrated footy department unit in the AFL. Anyone can build a list with a million draft picks but he has hardly drafted any elite talent outside the first round.

Did I see they went goalless in a half again? They bloody learnt nothing from stacking a side with kids after watching us.
I reckon SOS is the most overrated footy department unit in the AFL. Anyone can build a list with a million draft picks but he has hardly drafted any elite talent outside the first round.

Yeah great point about the drafting. I reckon the best recruiters are the ones who find mature age players who can instantly play a role. Geelong, Swans and Hawks have all done this really well and Taylor is starting to do the same for us with Hannan Fritsch etc.

Yeah great point about the drafting. I reckon the best recruiters are the ones who find mature age players who can instantly play a role. Geelong, Swans and Hawks have all done this really well and Taylor is starting to do the same for us with Hannan Fritsch etc.

It's easy to say you missed Martin Fyfe Danger etc but what about if Carlton took Kelly Menegola Fritsch Hannan Stewart Lambert etc. They would be a much better side at little cost to them at the draft table.

If was in charge of Carltons list management id ship off pick 1 and say 37 to try and get 3 picks under 25. I'd then use those 3 picks on 3 midfields to help out Cripps who were mature but still with plenty of footy ahead. The young midfielders they have won't develop if they lose every clearance, the young forwards if they don't get delivery and the young defenders if they get torched every week..

Absolute rabble the strategy of that club. Getting games into kids is a mantra that needs to be shunned because it doesn't work.

The attitude Collingwood has brought in 2018 is exactly what we're missing. We have a better list IMO, but they're ******* relentless. They don't fall in a sobbing heap when their key players go down, they bring someone else in and keep taking the game on. Took Buckley 7 years to do it to be fair, but I'm jealous.

The reasonable side of me wanted that, the delusional part of me still secretly dreams of top 4.
Better the sides above us lose games than the teams below us. Need to make sure that 13 wins is a guaranteed berth, because we're not doing 14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back