MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if I punched someone in the guts I'd probably be sacked?

If you tackled someone you would be sacked too. If you wanna play this stupid analogy then it's like submitting a paper, doing it wrong and getting fined.

If you tackled someone you would be sacked too. If you wanna play this stupid analogy then it's like submitting a paper, doing it wrong and getting fined.

Tackling is part of the rules, punching or elbowing someone in the guts isn't. Your analogy is terrible because screwing up a paper is like missing a shot on goal - you’re not breaking any rules, you just screwed up.

Pretty simple I would have thought.

Last edited:

How would you do that? It doesn't have any arms, legs or pain receptors.

Tackling is part of the rules, punching or elbowing someone in the guts isn't. Your analogy is terrible because screwing up a paper is like missing a shot on goal - you’re not breaking any rules, you just screwed up.

I'm agreeing with what your saying. To put the analogy simply. You adhere to your organisations rules, you break the rules you expect ramifications.

The jobs are different but the core is the same, simply don't break the rules.

Then if we're talking fine's removing them is a terrible idea, Because that just means the AFL will ramp up suspensions to prove their point. Which brings us full circle, AFL Players still want the freedom to play on the weekend, or in short do their job. Basically a perfect world for a player would be, to not get fined or suspended. Because they want to play and get paid. Sorry but you can't have both.

And finally it's not too bad because we have a total player payments system. In the old days you only got match payments, So Suspensions worked as a fine back then. Can't pay don't get paid. Modern player cops a small fine, but can still play and will still get paid the next week

The leeway i will give a player though compared to any other modern work place, is that their indiscretions are public and heavily criticised

Also i had forgotten how much i dislike Jeff Kenett

'IF Tassie gets their own team, we'll leave. That'll cost Tassie 30 Million a year in tourism lost'

Listen, i'm not smart with the money. But if you have more regular scheduled games, and more opposition supporters traveling. Wouldn't that mean more Tourism? Even if the team isn't viable.

Eddie and Kochie are smartish, but are dumb and outspoken with their opinions. But Kenett is like a modern John Elliot, where it's 'My Club can only win, or nobody wins'

So why did natanui get suspended? Why didn't burton on Higgins?

Again if you think fining a rookie 4g for a little elbow that hardly hurt anyway is fair then so be it. I think it's rubbish.

CARTON. get through the weekend off of the workers fines

Yah I tipped a barrel the other day and lost a 6 pack. At least Canadian beer is cheap.

I make my guys buy me lunch if they try to leave a job site without collecting all the tools.

I'm not saying the MRO gets it right every time, but it is pretty simple. Don't break rules and you won't get fined.

Seriously simplistic way too look at it. Have you ever complained about a free kick against? Could use the same argument then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again if you think fining a rookie 4g for a little elbow that hardly hurt anyway is fair then so be it. I think it's rubbish.

I suppose the AFLPA could ask the AFL to consider if a player think a fine is too much they can choose to take a 1 week suspension instead

I guess it's like speeding, the penalty is the same but affects everyone differently

It's like a first year apprentice getting a speeding fine on their way to work. There is a risk its gonna happen as they need to get to work, just like a young player might get in a bit of biff in a game. Borh can avoid fines by not breaking the rules.

I agree that actions where players are going for the ball, like Omacs, shouldn't be a fine though.

Why on earth does BT ALWAYS feel he's a better judge of the ball being out of bounds than a boundary umpire standing 50m from it looking straight down the line?

Bloody hell, while showing the replay he declared that it was definitely out and without taking a breath said the boundary ump was right there, and he'd have a better view ... does my head in.

Why on earth does BT ALWAYS feel he's a better judge of the ball being out of bounds than a boundary umpire standing 50m from it looking straight down the line?

Bloody hell, while showing the replay he declared that it was definitely out and without taking a breath said the boundary ump was right there, and he'd have a better view ... does my head in.
Looked in to me. The guy is a turnip.

you know what i'd love to see tonight? a draw

would be a perfect result for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back