Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut up campaigner. Your gifs are terrible.
tumblr_inline_mfil78v1dg1r3afl8.gif

We have great talent in the 25-29 year bracket. Lynch will add to that but prefer if we look at bolstering 18-22 year level coz the current crop in that age bracket Re nowhere near the class of Dusty, Cotch, Rance, Jack, Sheds etc. should not take him if it means we get better young talent instead

I'm sure about that. Just look at Cotch, Rance, Dusty, Titch etc etc. It's taken until their late 20's for them to play consistently great footy. Guys like CCJ and Balta will need at least 4 to 5 years to get to that consistent high level where we can rely on them. Lynch is there already and expands are current window.

Its funny how many great sides seem to be like this

Lions 2001 - Voss (26), Lappin (25), Lepper (26), Aker (25), Scott twins (26), Johnson (25) surrounded by young players like Brown and Black, and older guys like Lynch and Hart

Cats 2007 - Scarlett (28), Bartel (24), Corey (25), Enright (26), Ling (26), Ablett (23), Ottens (27) surrounded by young talent like Selwood and older guys like King and Milburne

Hawks 2013 - Hodge (29), Gibson (29), Franklin (26), Roughead (26), Lewis (26), Birchall (25), Rioli (24) with some older guys like Mitchell, Lake and Burgoyne and young talent like Gunstan and Hill

Richmond 2017 - Cotchin (27), Rance (27), Dusty (26), Prestia (24), Caddy (25), Astbury (26), Grimes (26), Reiwoldt (29), Vlaus and young talent like Nank, Rioli, Flossy and Graham

A number of those players also had question marks over them before that too, its almost like players keep improving with experience and as their bodies mature.

We have great talent in the 25-29 year bracket. Lynch will add to that but prefer if we look at bolstering 18-22 year level coz the current crop in that age bracket Re nowhere near the class of Dusty, Cotch, Rance, Jack, Sheds etc. should not take him if it means we get better young talent instead
Although I know where you’re coming from, you simply need to go all out when in your window. No point building to something in the future if you’re there now

I am all for lynch- last night highlighted our bombing to jack- another tall option would have created space- and we could still have Moore roaming. Lynch needs to know if he comes he comes into a successful team- and he can’t be the top dog he is one of many. Such as the case we should not be offering more than 850

Although I know where you’re coming from, you simply need to go all out when in your window. No point building to something in the future if you’re there now
I think we all agree with needing to go all out when there is a good chance to snatch a flag but need to also consider weaknesses

We currently have Conca & Graham on the injured list with 5/6 weeks sidelined , We could get another 2 injuries to mids and we are cooked
Our depth in this area is extremely week and we can not possible afford to trade the next 2 1st rounders plus a player
as well as $1.0-$1.2 mil of cap space

The cost of getting him must be affordable and not break the bank as well as cost players

His body and injuries a issue for me how many games has he played last 2 seasons.

People were saying the same about Prestia this time two years ago...

I think we all agree with needing to go all out when there is a good chance to snatch a flag but need to also consider weaknesses

We currently have Conca & Graham on the injured list with 5/6 weeks sidelined , We could get another 2 injuries to mids and we are cooked
Our depth in this area is extremely week and we can not possible afford to trade the next 2 1st rounders plus a player

The cost of getting him must be affordable and not break the bank as well as cost players
I think the club are looking to the future with Lynch. JR8 is our only KP forward and isnt getting any younger. Lynch would slot in now and be at his peak when Jack retires.

That’s why we need Lynch- we have no back up KEY FORWARDS- Moore is showing signs but is a third tall at best !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's free agency I'm all for it not trading tho.Would love to get us another top 20 or 30 pick this draft keep on adding talent like last year.

Gold Coast into Pick 2
If Lynch is actually coming to Richmond then lets hope the Gold Coast stay there, If we win the flag and they finish bottom 3 then matching wont make alot of sense for the Suns.

Bloody Carlton tanking again ............... Or are they ??

If Lynch is actually coming to Richmond then lets hope the Gold Coast stay there, If we win the flag and they finish bottom 3 then matching wont make alot of sense for the Suns.

Bloody Carlton tanking again ............... Or are they ??
They wish they were

I don't think anyone really thinks we are going to have to trade for lynch, do they? The Suns would have rocks in their head not to take the compo pick.

So getting Lynch free does nothing to our picks in this draft (well, pushes everyone back a pick I suppose).

This is not a get lynch = trade away our future. It is get lynch for nothing and take the same picks to the draft.

The only issue with lynch is the cap space.

If for some reason the Suns insist on a trade we can't get them the picks they'll want and they be better off trading him to Carlton.

I don't think anyone really thinks we are going to have to trade for lynch, do they? The Suns would have rocks in their head not to take the compo pick.

So getting Lynch free does nothing to our picks in this draft (well, pushes everyone back a pick I suppose).

This is not a get lynch = trade away our future. It is get lynch for nothing and take the same picks to the draft.

The only issue with lynch is the cap space.

If for some reason the Suns insist on a trade we can't get them the picks they'll want and they be better off trading him to Carlton.

Well ill tell you what i would do if i was Gold Coast Suns

Offer both the McGovern boys $1.2 mil a year
Take Jeromey with free agency and trade #2 to Crows for Mitch + #9 so they can get Rankine

Match the bid for Lynch ( you will never have to pay that as he will be traded for) get 2 x 1st rounders + Player
If its Richmond i would ask for2018+2019 1st rounders and Short or Higgins and watch Richmond squirm to do a deal as they did with Prestia

Take Jeromey with free agency and trade #2 to Crows for Mitch + #9 so they can get Rankine

Match the bid for Lynch ( you will never have to pay that as he will be traded for) get 2 x 1st rounders + Player
If its Richmond i would ask for2018+2019 1st rounders and Short or Higgins and watch Richmond squirm to do a deal as they did with Prestia

No way they match and miss out on the King twins !!!!!

I tell you what I'd do if I were the McGovern boys: Not go to that rabble of a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back