AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong came after him, local boy, young enough to give them 8+ years of elite footy, but would add to their team from day 1 and would likely be ready to take over from Selwood when he retires. If Kelly does end up going back home then they'll be shopping around for young mids; Darcy and Cerra would be near the top of their list in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong came after him, local boy, young enough to give them 8+ years of elite footy, but would add to their team from day 1 and would likely be ready to take over from Selwood when he retires. If Kelly does end up going back home then they'll be shopping around for young mids; Darcy and Cerra would be near the top of their list in my opinion.
And what do we get in this exchange?

And what do we get in this exchange?
Hmmm, 21yo mid who has played 45 games in less than 3 seasons after being taken at pick 5.....

If we dont get offered their 1st then i wouldnt pick up the phone.
Alternatively, Nakia Cockatoo would look alright in bomber colours, would suit our game style to a tee as well with his pace... just sayin.

For what its worth, for the reasons stated at the start of this post, i cant believee how short sighted people on this board are. Every chance to be a very good player and has played quite a few games already. Would hate to lose him.

Hmmm, 21yo mid who has played 45 games in less than 3 seasons after being taken at pick 5.....

If we dont get offered their 1st then i wouldnt pick up the phone.
Alternatively, Nakia Cockatoo would look alright in bomber colours, would suit our game style to a tee as well with his pace... just sayin.

For what its worth, for the reasons stated at the start of this post, i cant believee how short sighted people on this board are. Every chance to be a very good player and has played quite a few games already. Would hate to lose him.

Agree that the Cats carrier pigeon would want the be bringing a pick higher than 5 or a readymade gun

If you don't pick up the phone how do you know what the offer is?
If they sent it via email why would you need to pick up the phone in the first place?
Agree that the Cats carrier pigeon would want the be bringing a pick higher than 5 or a readymade gun
Yeah fair enough ill cop that.

I meant i wouldnt stay on the phone but hey its friday and my brain melted.

The argument still stands. For a third year midfielder who has played 45 games already and taken at pick 5, i do not understand why so many bomber supporters are so willing to shell him off.
If the cats or any other club were interested i hope Dodo doesnt entertain it or at least make sure it is going to cost them a lot, cause i for one think he is going to be a jet.

No way we are trading Parish unless someone offers ridiculous overs or he desperately wants out.

Trading Parish would probably be a disaster for us because we would be lucky if a late first round pick came back to us for him. Might as well acknowledge that the best thing to do now is to just keep trying to turn us into the player we drafted him as because nobody we get will be an upgrade on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This talk of trading Parish is ridiculous, he got dropped for poor play at a time when the entire team was playing badly and then got injured.

He is not on the outer or anything of the sort.
Yup. Just media waffle in an era where the vast majority of the time media waffle has no basis in truth. Collingwood have been talking up getting Parish from us ever since he was drafted... to the point of talking publicly about him at their member forum or AGM or whatever. That's not new, and it's not noteworthy either.

He's contracted for next year. And while a player who desperately wants to leave is usually traded regardless of that, there isn't a whole lot of reason not to make him see out the contract and give him a chance to play some more decent footy through the end of this year and next. If he wants to leave at the end of next year then we get better value for him, and if not then we keep a better player, and I'm fairly confident he will be a better player at the end of next year.

So far his career has consisted of a year when everyone was suspended when he got a baptism of fire in the guts, then another year where he's played peripheral roles and got some time developing the attacking side of his game at half-forward (given his under 18s was more half-back/mid). This year is as you said; played some good games, played some bad games, played in a bad team, team lost a few in a row, and was one among many who got dropped. Then he got injured. Overall this year hasn't told us much about what he is capable of.

You could offer me Dangerfield and I'd reject it out of sheer principal.

What are we going to do with the pick? Draft a kid, put 4 years into him and then trade him for another, lower pick? Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back