Review Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the replay it really wasn't fine, it was disgraceful. That non holding the ball for mitch Robbo and then the paid one on hipwood 5 seconds later was THE worse piece of umpiring you will see anywhere, any time, ever.
Agreed, I sit next to an ex-AFL umpire and when he blows up I know the untiring is crap. What seemed to happen is all the umpire would get on the some side of the play, basically it was like they would stay up and down the middle of the ground and were not getting around the action so they could see the play from different perspectives.

Dodongo should get call up to our match committee. Barrett certainly made a difference.

What has impressed me with Barrett has been his lack of mistakes and forward pressure.

What has impressed me with Barrett has been his lack of mistakes and forward pressure.
He still looked a little loopy on some of his kicks but he also drilled a couple. For a guy I thought would struggle to get back in the team this year he has proved me wrong and played really well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That incident aside, couple of times in the last two matches the Big O has given some lip and got into a few faces. Liking it, liking it a lot.

We have a fair few punks. Love the swagger and attitude amongst the current crop.

BRISBANE v CARLTON
10 Dayne Beams (BL)
8 Eric Hipwood (BL)
4 Tom Cutler (BL)
3 Jarrod Berry (BL)
2 Luke Hodge (BL)
2 Darcy Gardiner (BL)
1 Dayne Zorko (BL)

I'd probably have Dizzy higher but that looks almost perfect to me.

Zorkos game was probably underrated too. Number 1 for the week on the AFL player ratings. Was dangerous with the footy and worked well defensively.

Zorkos game was probably underrated too. Number 1 for the week on the AFL player ratings. Was dangerous with the footy and worked well defensively.

Was exceptional in the 2nd and 3rd but who would you have him ahead of from those 5 listed?

It was an interesting game for him. Started slow but once they moved their tagger (E Curnow?) off him to Beams, he really startwed to fire up. After that was involved in a lot of our good play. I wouldnt have put him in our best 5 as I dont think he was as involved when the game was still close, but he was decent.

It was an interesting game for him. Started slow but once they moved their tagger (E Curnow?) off him to Beams, he really startwed to fire up. After that was involved in a lot of our good play. I wouldnt have put him in our best 5 as I dont think he was as involved when the game was still close, but he was decent.
Was a strange move by Bolton to swap Curnow to Beams. We were lucky to be up at 1/4 time and I don't think Beams' influence was critical in that quarter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but based on the evidence at the first break I wouldn't have been changing that match-up.

Back