Autopsy vs Sydney - Rd17

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you for real ???? No hannebury mcveigh and kennedy.....and we still lose...and you were impressed......lol

The only thing Hannebury is good for nowadays is powdering his nose.

Some Stats.

Hrovat had 35 Pressure Acts. The next highest was Atley with 28. Rat also laid 6 tackles. Equal highest with Ahern for the NMFC.

Brown and Rampe spent a game high 122 Minutes and 36 seconds on Ground. Next highest for North was Ziebell with 118 Minutes and 25 seconds on Ground. Apart from Turner the least time spent on Ground was Clarke with 78 Minutes and 4 seconds.

Brown once again had a Game High 15.7 km for distance covered.

:stern look

My overall feeling is we threw that one away :

50 tackles, and heaps of those completely allow the tackled player to look for options, and then get an effective disposal off, this should be addressed at training post haste, Re. tackles, LMac, Wright, Atley, and Dumont zero between them. :thumbsdown:

Goldy, i lost count of how many times in the last Q he tapped it directly to Heeney or Parker, but apart from that had a pretty good game.

Ahern continues to impress with fumble free ball handling, and quality decision making and disposal under pressure.

Majak, again giving the knockers zilch, 4 goals and some very good forward work today, and a beautiful crunching tackle on Rampe, (of which his last couple have been penalised for being dangerous :p).

Nice game from Jack, goal kicking where it should be.

LDU should play out rest of season now, manage his gametime if need be but let him develop at the level.

LMac, enough is enough, swap him for Murphy asap.

Debut Walker next week, could not possibly offer less than Clarke or Hrovat have been dishing up, wouldn't be against Benny McKay getting a gig either to allow Majak to stay forward and chop out Goldy v Grundy.

I've been really happy with how we're going so far this year, and there have been so many pleasant surprises, and things to be excited about - the rising phoenix that is Maj, the beauty of Ahern, the unexpected value in Hartung, the arc of Atley, the hair of Jed, the returning "other bits" of Goldy.... but the only part of our game that I miss this year is our tackling. We seem to not be able to stick them nearly as well or with as much frequency as we used to. Not sure what's up with that, but I really hope we can get it back. Soon. Spot-on for mentioning it Mutts. I see it as a big part of our heart when it comes to how we are playing, and it needs to come back.

Some Stats.

Hrovat had 35 Pressure Acts. The next highest was Atley with 28. Rat also laid 6 tackles. Equal highest with Ahern for the NMFC.

Brown and Rampe spent a game high 122 Minutes and 36 seconds on Ground. Next highest for North was Ziebell with 118 Minutes and 25 seconds on Ground. Apart from Turner the least time spent on Ground was Clarke with 78 Minutes and 4 seconds.

Can't help but think we missed Turner's usual 10-15km of effort running

Hi folks, the post-match review on The Shinboner is up - https://theshinboner.com/2018/07/16...atch-review-north-melbourne-sydney-shinboner/

Bits about leading patterns, the benefits of the extra tall up forward, trying to identify reasons for third quarters being so good (and second quarters being so bad) and a bunch of other stuff as well.

gif1.gif

The SYDNEY runner is still on the ground....
Been waiting for someone else to pick up on this. He spent almost the last 3 minutes on the ground directing traffic and occupying space. I was VERY close to jumping the fence and snorting him just so he would have to go off with the blood rule. It seemed that would be the only way to move him on. It was like he had stepped in glue FFS.

Some positivity!
Good on you Fish Sticks. Best loss I’ve ever been to. That was a great game of football. This place is a negative hole 75% of the time during the actual season. Too many keyboard warriors, many of which weren’t even at the game abusing the sh*t out of players with more talent in their little finger who actually know what it’s like to bleed for the club.
I’ve enjoyed this year - especially considering most had us bottom 2 - & I’ll be damned if I’m giving up on finals yet.
Flip the scores & half the aforementioned knobs don’t even post.

This. 100% this. We were very exciting to watch today. Heartbreaking to lose it but in the grand scheme of things if we look back at the tape and learn from this we can still play finals.
Have not seen one post yet from anyone saying that we just saw our captain's best ever game for the club. He was immense today.

This. 100% this. We were very exciting to watch today. Heartbreaking to lose it but in the grand scheme of things if we look back at the tape and learn from this we can still play finals.
Have not seen one post yet from anyone saying that we just saw our captain's best ever game for the club. He was immense today.
Like for the comment about Jack - immense is the word. Just an outstanding leader's game.

But I'm sick of being on the losing side of "great entertainment" games. I'm proud and happy to watch my team play fast, flowing football with forwards clunking big marks and big goals. And I want to see them get in front then lock the bloody thing down.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks, the post-match review on The Shinboner is up - https://theshinboner.com/2018/07/16...atch-review-north-melbourne-sydney-shinboner/

Bits about leading patterns, the benefits of the extra tall up forward, trying to identify reasons for third quarters being so good (and second quarters being so bad) and a bunch of other stuff as well.

gif1.gif
Great stuff Rick.

I love your analysis week in week out. You posses a great footy analytics brain!

I couldn’t agree more wholeheartedly on your thoughts and I totally agree with your sentiment on that final Daw and Aliir interview at the end of the game. Real big picture stuff. Good on them both!

It is refreshing to read your intelligent analysis. Keep up the great work Rick!

This!
Indeed it was JZ’s best game for the club.

At the game I recall saying after the first quarter, that was the best quarter I had seen him play.

If Jack can keep that form for the rest of the season not only will we make the eight we will go deep. He has it, that ability to turn a game on its head.

Disappointed about the loss though so many positives to build upon.

Some Stats.

63 pressure acts, 6 tackles and a goal between them and Sydney ran the ball out of the back half with ease...

Meanwhile up the other end, real scoreboard pressure was being applied with ronke and Heyward- 7.3 to go with their 25 pressure acts.

Pressure acts are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Campaigner flog here.
Quick morning after drive-by just to say THAT was a bloody good game :thumbsu:
Dont be critical of anyone. Even the official player ratings confirms it. Worst on ground handed to the youngest player in the game...and he still had 10 possies and took 8 marks which is no shocker.
Two great games this season.
Ziebell BOG for mine. Heeney next best. Ahern oozes 200 gamer.
Weird thing was the book end contests. 4 of the best on ground were Daw Aliir Brown Rampe but cant call any a clear winner.
A ridiculously even contest from start to finish.
U likely make finals.

Watching the first quarter and boy did we stuff up a few i50s.

Anyway,
Maj should've had another free in that first quarter that would've put us three goals up. Ump in perfect position, Maj's arm is held the whole way through.

2018-07-16_09-28-37.png

63 pressure acts, 6 tackles and a goal between them and Sydney ran the ball out of the back half with ease...

Meanwhile up the other end, real scoreboard pressure was being applied with ronke and Heyward- 7.3 to go with their 25 pressure acts.

Pressure acts are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Arch I hear Ye yah Buddy. It is one thing to apply Pressure. It is another to cause a Turnover because of the Pressure you Apply. :stern look

We lack dynamic players. Clarke, Hrovat, Dumont, Mc Donald have strengths but need the game on their own terms which means when it isn’t they become a liability.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would'n't surprise me if at least one of these 4 aren't traded out at years end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back