World Cup 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL-FRANCE V CROATIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done France, can't say they didn't deserve it beating Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia in the knockouts.

Geez, makes their effort look even more impressive. Solid opponents each week round there

Geez, someone took a little comment so much to heart that they had to write a over the top reply. My comment on misery is coated with sarcasm, of cause I don't literally get off on it. But if there is two things I hate in sport, its cheating and cockiness. And YES, plenty of English fans DID say they were gonna win it, its all theirs, difference between having fun and being dead serious in arrogance. Doesn't make you a bad person just because you eye roll and have a told you so attitude to the type.

Have played a few undefeated or very good teams teams in football in my life, and watched as their own brag about having it in the bag to others in the league, then once they got beat by my mob in the final, nothing wrong with chucking a sarcastic grin their way, of cause you'd enjoy that feeling a little more. Doesn't mean you're a prick or enjoy the sadness of their fans trying to enjoy the moment because they lost etc, two different things, different kinds of cockiness.

But geez, first time I've ever heard those words used to describe me, but again I don't care for someone behind a keyboard who doesn't even know me. Over my head it goes, keep being over the top defensive and calling people you don't know every name under the sun because they said something you sensitively took way to heart. Yet I'm the prick :rolleyes: Don't recall ever bashing someone in my 2100 posts to date.
So some English fans said they could win it, and you took that as a bonafide reason to hate on them? How churlish do you think that makes you sound? Do you actually think no other fans of the semi finalists thought they could win it too? Some people like to be positive, perhaps overly so, that’s not a reason to write them all off as arrogant. Just seems to me that you’ve got a chip on your shoulder about something and are willing to use any reason to justify your hatred towards England. Seen it so much on here the past few weeks. At the end of the day it’s not my problem though

LOL
Clearly you dont follow soccer.
Its a 50 50 game more than people think.

Croat culture is to fire when under fire. We save our best for the best. We dont like playing minows Croatia is more likely to lose to Japan in a World Cup Final than a France, Germany or Spain thats just how it is.
Unless you from Croatia or Parents are from Croatia you just wouldnt understand that.

Not saying we win but its a lot closer than some on here seem to suggest.

So how did that work out for you?

Those final awkward moments of the coverage just reminded me how much I truly miss Les and Johnny...

I have the pre game show on in the background (replay soon on SBS) and Foster is talking to Lucy who is looking at him and David has kept his eyes on Lucy for a bit too long. I can’t wait to read the tell all book or the inevitable fist fight between Foster and Zdrilic lol.

So how did that work out for you?

Did you even watch the game?

Croatia done me proud, their country proud and on another night they get the choclates. Were by far the better team and the score line no where near relflected the result.

Im asuming you just woke up and saw the final score and wanted to quote us who backed Croatia to give it its all. Which is exactly what they did. Will go down as one of the great finals in history.

But well done mate. Thanks for rubbing it in as thats clearly what you were after.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you derive enjoyment from other people’s “misery” says more about you than it does England or it’s fans. Pathetic attitude and I can only assume you are either a virgin or a very stunted adult. The whole “it’s coming home” does not spell arrogance, but was an ironic way of having some fun you miserable bastard. I love the fact that we get under your skin so much that you can’t even sit back and just enjoy life. Shame there’s so many Aussies like you who don’t get the craic as the Irish say, cos most Aussies I’ve met do tend to get it. I suppose the internet is where all the lonely tossers like yourself hang out though. Keep on hating :thumbsu:
#itsnevercominghome

Did you even watch the game?

Croatia done me proud, their country proud and on another night they get the choclates. Were by far the better team and the score line no where near relflected the result.

Im asuming you just woke up and saw the final score and wanted to quote us who backed Croatia to give it its all. Which is exactly what they did. Will go down as one of the great finals in history.

But well done mate. Thanks for rubbing it in as thats clearly what you were after.

I made the point that france would be licking their lips and it proved so in the end. Their class prevailed. Should have been a 4-1 scoreline. Need I remind you that lowly australia lost 2-1 to them.

If you were the better team you should have won. Take of the rose coloured glasses for a moment. France only need a chance and that is what resulted. Croatia were not the better team otherwise they'd be holding up the trophy. They got found out today.

Anyway keep up with the assumptions and name calling. You obviously know everything.:thumbsu:

And fwiw I'm not rubbing anything in. Kudos to Croatia on making the final. They played spirited football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, Croatia actually tried play proper football which is more than you can say about the majority of other teams at this tournament (and that’s not meant as a dig at anyone’s team) and they’ve lost the final by giving it 100% and leaving nothing on the pitch. The players today did Croatia incredibly proud.

You shouldn’t even care that anyone would try to rub it in. I have received s**t because Greece were boring in winning Euro 2004. Fancy that, trying to give me s**t after winning a major tournament and the country that won it is Greece. If people give a winning team s**t, of course they will give a losing finalist s**t. In Croatia’s case, even Croats will admit they were never fancied to reach the final and yet you made it and lost the final 4-2 against one of the worlds best teams. No shame in that, the shame lies in trying to give you crap for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Croatia actually tried play proper football which is more than you can say about the majority of other teams at this tournament (and that’s not meant as a dig at anyone’s team) and they’ve lost the final by giving it 100% and leaving nothing on the pitch. The players today did Croatia incredibly proud.

You shouldn’t even care that anyone would try to rub it in. I have received s**t because Greece were boring in winning Euro 2004. Fancy that, trying to give me s**t after winning a major tournament and the country that won it is Greece. If people give a winning team s**t, of course they will give a losing finalist s**t. In Croatia’s case, even Croats will admit they were never fancied to reach the final and yet you made it and lost the final 4-2 against one of the worlds best teams. No shame in that, the shame lies in trying to give you crap for it.
Defensively they’re a bit of a rabble though. Can’t win anything without a good defence

Defensively they’re a bit of a rabble though. Can’t win anything without a good defence

I do agree with that (you always will be when Lovren is a starter). Going forward they were very good today and gave France lots of trouble.

Good final that. So much better seeing two teams go offensive rather than the dour cagey finals seen in the past. It's been a similar story the whole tournament and should go down as one of the best. Hopefully this style will translate to more attacking football in the leagues too.

In the end, despite some good fortune, France were just too clinical when they needed to be and have done all world cup.

- Definite dive by Griezman for the free kick
- Perisic hads been huge this world cup however by the letter of the law and for consistency with other decisions I think the handball call was fair
- Mbappe is a freak and it's scary what he could become
- Varane has to be the best CB right now. Has all the attributes.
- Lloris just can't be considered world class with the number of errors he produces.

The "Its coming home" thing....this is the way i saw it.

As england were gaining traction, and were part of orchestrating (correctly) their knockout path, it was used as an anthem to bring the trophy home. However, when the semi loss happened, it changed to "we never said we would win, it was for something else". It's like when a poster makes a declaration, comment aimed towards another poster, then when proved wrong says he/she is "just kidding". In the end, it didnt hurt anyone.

I didnt think it was an arrogant thing to claim/sing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back