Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the biggest connections he would've had is still there, and plenty of old team-mates would be in and out visiting like he is with Denver. Regardless of personnel or connections if he loved the club he'd still be around. It's not difficult for a multi, multi-millionaire who probably has access to a private jet on demand to take a short flight to visit training camp, or visit a few games a season, so I don't buy convenience as the only reason. I think it's fairly clear where his allegiances lie.

Denver also didnt release a first ballot HOF QB.

I totally get Luck was was the future and any team would have done the same - but the fact still remains...

oh.. and he got SB ring #2 with us and Elway started that whole thing off.... so yeah.. I can see why he's hanging in Bronco country.

GO Broncos

I just want to say that Fumigalli is a gun. Saw him play at the Big10 Championship game, nearly carried the Badgers to a win against Ohio State. Stickiest hands, really smart route runner, clutch. In saying that, Jake Butt is also a gun.

jpnmlaxy40m51vmsje6s.jpg

ctjxkv01tvltkousuvga.jpg

omqfj9tr6rk3hrb4eyva.jpg

gpg429m5kq3mmao9izwq.jpg

Couple a fckn BEASTS

fslpozjneeuakon8ern3.jpg

PRBs

Case Keenum may as well be the best quarterback of all time. Well...probably not, but it looks that way based on the QB play we’ve had the past two seasons. Keenum continues to impress and is just excelling at being the leader of this offense. He commands the huddle and guys respect him greatly. He has such a quick release and knows where to go with the ball. Keenum isn’t Brady or Rodgers, but there is a tremendously noticeable difference in the QB play.

Lots of talk today about the poor play of Kelly and Lynch and I agree with most of it. Today wasn’t a spectacular day for either of them, but I still see some potential in Kelly to be a viable backup, he just needs more experience. This is his very first active training camp so I’m all for giving him some leeway playing with a third team offense. I personally want to give Kelly a shot with the second team offense. Lynch is a good guy but QB. Yes it’s training camp, but he hasn’t shown an ounce of improvement.

Sutton can high point the ball while smothered by Manute Bol and come down with the catch. When you think of the best, big, athletic receivers in the league, Sutton is well on his way to adding his name to the list. He and DT are like skyscrapers out there and it’s exciting to finally have a viable No. 3 receiver (I know it’s camp). Hamilton and Tim Patrick have also looked studly at WR through camp, in addition to the best receiver out there Emmanuel Sanders. WRs are looking like WRs again.

Defense has been just okay overall. Pass rush is nasty and will bring the heat all year. I’ve been impressed with Chubb, Ray, Barrett, and Holland through camp. Von continues to show why he is a hall of famer. Linebackers are just the same old story. They’re both quick to the ball and play stout run D. Nothing special in terms of coverage though, either on TEs or RBs. Speaking of a lack of coverage ability, the secondary has been spanked by the offense so far. The WRs are really just having their way overall. There will be some moments here and there, but it’s apparent the coverage will drop significantly this year. I think the pass rush will help ease the drop from our secondary though.

Harris has been getting beat by Sanders a lot this camp. Those battles are always fun to watch and Sanders is certainly getting the best of him so far. Harris isn’t looking bad by any means though. Roby came down with a pick yesterday but still has some trouble over the right mid-field area. Roby isn’t near as vocal as Talib is either. Stewart, Parks, Brock and Simmons haven’t particularly stood out in any way. Parks did blitz a lot today and brought some nice pressure. Cravens is a unique player and one I was excited to watch play. He is always around the ball and plays fast, but nothing crazy amazing from him yet. It’s been okay for our secondary.

Oh I think it’s primarily growing pains. Harris is one of the best CBs in the league, but now he is going to have to move around more and the plan is for him to cover the other teams No. 1 receiver all year. That’s something Harris really has never done. That will be a huge adjustment for him. Roby is now our No. 2 corner and that comes with facing more talented receivers and more responsibility. Filling Talib’s shoes isn’t easy. Brock is Brock and should be a serviceable corner filling in outside or the slot. Langley and Yiadom are raw, young guys with so much talent. It’s just getting those reps, those game experiences and developing them into solid corners. It’s all growing pains from adjusting roles and responsibilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The practice ended with a move-the-ball red-zone period in which the offense was given one minute, seven seconds of time on the clock, possession of the ball at its 46-yard line and one timeout with a 26-21 deficit.

In the duel of first units, the result depended on your perspective. Courtland Sutton ended the nine-play drive with an 18-yard reception from Case Keenum that saw him get his feet in-bounds, but the the official in the area tossed his hat down at the end line, an indication that the receiver stepped out of bounds before making the grab.

Whether it stood or not, it was an outstanding effort from Sutton on a drive that saw the offense succeed on high-leverage downs.

Keenum completed an 6-yard pass to Devontae Booker, a 16-yard strike to Emmanuel Sanders, a 6-yard toss to Sutton and an 8-yard pass to River Cracraft near the sideline to move the offense to the defense's 18-yard line. Keenum also completed his first two third-down passes for 24 yards; whether he went 3-for-3 depended on your interpretation of the end-zone call.

The defense won the battle of second teams to close practice. Quarterback Paxton Lynch completed a pair of passes to Isaiah McKenzie and John Diarse to start the drive, but then the march stalled under pressure from the defense. Defensive end Clinton McDonald forced an incompletion with pressure that led to a throwaway, and outside linebacker Stansly Maponga helped flush Lynch outside the pocket on third-and-9.

Lynch managed to scramble for 8 yards, but a fourth-and-1 attempt to McKenzie, who was covered by cornerback Michael Hunter, fell incomplete to end the threat at the defense's 33-yard line.

The performance of the offense continued to impress defensive stalwarts like Davis.

"They're throwing a million different things at us, and they're physical," he told Orange and Blue 760. "They're way more physical this year than they were last year. I'm really excited with how the offensive line and running backs are playing. I think it's going to be a great year for our offense."

Phillip Lindsay, Brendan Langley, McKenzie and DaeSean Hamilton handled kickoff returns during one of the special-teams periods. Lindsay muffed his first opportunity but fielded his second kickoff cleanly, with the others all successfully reeling in the kickoffs.

Kelly is raw but building.... IMO its gonna be tough deciding#2.. Lynch will probably get it still but I cant see Kelly clearing waivers to make PS...

Will be tough..

GO Catters

oh my....:(:oops:

GO Broncos!

Last edited:
Even an average D would have had a few picks by now.

I hope it's just Keenum being really effective and not, as I said, an inability to make plays in the secondary.

However that "gunslinger" comments would make it seem as though he isn't being exceptionally careful with the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back