Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic effort. Even contributors all around, and the backline looks super solid. Slot back in Rough, McEvoy, Sicily and there aren't many weak spots (in current form). Hope we can sustain form into the finals - winning a final would be a great result for this side.

Umpiring I thought was generally pretty good apart from a few howlers both ways (deliberate OOB on Burgoyne, deliberate on Hendo, no 50 call on Mitchell). Generally let the play go and didn't pay the soft ones.
You mean when Hendo stepped over the behind line? Yeah that was a free. Just stupid. Clearly some players still don’t know the rules.

We gassed out after spending so many petrol tickets with that ferocity in the 3rd quarter.

It was an incredible win. Our guys tackled and pressured as well as they ever had at the start of the second half.

Don't be fooled by Geelong coming back as being indicative of any more than our guys being out on their feet, and some incredibly shite calls at key moments.

A special EAD to the Fox commentary shite. Someone must remove Derwayne from any Cats games, if not the whole gig. He can't help but barrack, he is sandpaper to the ears, and has all the IQ of a Herald Sun football section reader at midday on a Sunday. Can't work it out for himself, so he waits to be told what is going on by whoever is doing the special commentary.

It's as bad as it gets.

The win however, was sweet, sweet revenge for all the horseshite that cost us games against them in the past. We would have been robbed had we lost.

Special mentions to Worpel, Jaeger, Gunston and the pressure. It went to another level today.
We could've been a bit better in the middle as we had ruck ascendancy (a bit greedy against the almighty holy trinity maybe), but you're right, it was very much a case of being tired as the pressure was better in the first 3 quarters. Just couldn't take advantage in the first. The pressure would've been the best I've seen from us in a game since the 2014 GF if we had kept it up just a bit longer.

Got to feel for Geelong fans.

As soon as the game finished it started to piss down and then the walk from the G to Richmond it started hailing.

Didn't bother us hawthorn fans with 4 points in the pocket.

Get to Richmond station and the train to geelong is delayed by 40 minutes.

Poor bastards.

Just Kidding * them.
tenor (2).gif

Superb.

Surely that cannot be right?

Doesn’t make any sense, that is the worst ranking system of all time.
I think the system overly penalised him early on for some turnovers and sideways handballs. As the system has hurt Mitchell in the past, it underrated simply keeping possession or causing chaos balls which are hard to rate I guess, it's not a terrible ranking system. Worpel was very good undoubtedly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne was a man possessed in that 2nd and 3rd quarter. He was ferocious.

Impey's smother set the tone for our game. Was the spark we needed. I have no doubt that in the Q1 huddle Clarkson would have mentioned it. We came out breathing fire.

Ceglar was huge. Close to BOG for me.

I thought you said Impeys mother there.

I said it at the start of the year that if Gunston plays mostly as a genuine forward we will play finals this year.

19 games - 42 goals

And that's with a couple of solid games in defense too

Superb performance all round. Peaking at the exact right time of year. You’d have to think we’d be the last team the Tigers want to face on the G in September. Especially if we get Sicily, McEvoy and Rough back.

We are a genuine flag chance. Hitting our stride at the right moment..... buckle up boys!
Still not entirely convinced but they’re surely giving it a good crack. If we can convincingly beat Saints and Shitney then perhaps look out. And that’s when we should get B.B., Howe and Sicily back for the finals

What a win, felt confident this morning , just think they are top end loaded and their young guys aren't as good as ours.

That last quarter was gut wrenching mainly because of all the heartache since 09 against them, it was hard not to be pessimistic, one thing I did think was they are not the force they were, there could be tough times ahead for them, let's hope ..

Love Ceglar and Pittonet combo, we are spoiled with BB about to return , all of a sudden we look to have depth !! When did that sneak up ..

Lastly the great Clarkson, what a genius , to get this group playing this way at this time of the year is amazing , think the Worpols , Morrisons, Hardwicks have reinvigorated the great man..

Exciting times ahead !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back