Roast The leadership of the Port Adelaide FC

Remove this Banner Ad

>> Ebert wont be in the leadership group. Ken has to stop trusting them when the game is on

Maybe (some) the players don't even trust Kern

Boak is the softest bloke going around, he demands nothing from other players and has never made a personal call on a player in his life because he might offend, his personal playing performance is that bad but his leadership is non-existence and you can see all the hallmarks of Ken in his leadership style

What a smouldering fire dumpster this Club has become.

Somehow, this period is worse than 2008-12 as all the problems now are self-inflicted.

I am done with them - they have a mountain of work to win back the fans and adios until then.

I understand the frustration and anger. We're all feeling it right now.
But I'm in two minds, torn basically with this. On the one hand, yeh, I'm angry enough to not renew next year. I could spend that $400-500 elsewhere with ease.
But at the same time, does not renewing, does not turning up, help the club, or hurt the club? What will it achieve? I don't know. So I'll renew, I'll keep turning up.

In the coming members survey, maybe we could all voice our frustration there? Maybe as supporters we could put the power of social media to good use, come up with a few lines or words of wisdom from a fans perspective, spread it through social media on Port pages, and as many of us as possible say the same thing..someone at Alberton is reading and reviewing the results of these surveys....

Then again, reading the brain numbing comments from "fans" on Port facebook pages, perhaps it wont work..many seem to think that we need to worship the players and coaches like demigods who do no wrong...it's never the fault of players or coaches...

Should force Robbie Gray to be captain imo.
we dont force at PAFC, we take a straw poll followed up by 6 more straw polls just to confirm that no-one has changed their minds in the mean time, we are all mates at the PAFC and friendship is paramount to winning

He isn’t the Captain type, but I’m all for giving it to Robbie. The only player out our club i trust to pull the club out of a whole when all looks lost.

Wines does not do that and should not be captain.

I want Keith Thomas and David Koch out of this football club. They are the two men who run this club and for 4 years we have been s**t. It’s a joke. The responsibility goes to them. We can’t fire Kenny so stick with him. New CEO, new president, new board and new assistant coaches. Enough is enough. I don’t give a flying **** if we are in a better financial position or if we have more members or if we are playing on the other side of the world.. I would trade all of that and more to be a consistent top 4 team. In the end KT and Koch are suppose to be running this club. Instead they have lost their way and to focused on other things rather than the football.

This club needs a fresh start, it starts from the top.

I want Keith Thomas and David Koch out of this football club. They are the two men who run this club and for 4 years we have been s**t. It’s a joke. The responsibility goes to them. We can’t fire Kenny so stick with him. New CEO, new president, new board and new assistant coaches. Enough is enough. I don’t give a flying **** if we are in a better financial position or if we have more members or if we are playing on the other side of the world.. I would trade all of that and more to be a consistent top 4 team. In the end KT and Koch are suppose to be running this club. Instead they have lost their way and to focused on other things rather than the football.

This club needs a fresh start, it starts from the top.

Yeah because this plan will fix our onfield performance and gameplan......

We need change at all levels. We lost killer instinct years ago and havent recovered.

Koch and KT have done a lot for our club, but we have stagnated on field and stagnated off field.

I feel we are in too deep with the leaders at our club. Everyone is too comfortable.

We went all in this year and failed dismally. The board, if it has any balls at all have to make some tough decisions this year. The whole club depends on it.

Yeah because this plan will fix our onfield performance and gameplan......
Hey if it wasn’t for KT and Koch signing an under performing coach for 4 years to another 4 year contact we might not be in this mess. Some responsibility needs to go on their heads. They ****ed up. It’s time they leave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey if it wasn’t for KT and Koch signing an under performing coach for 4 years to another 4 year contact we might not be in this mess. Some responsibility needs to go on their heads. They ****ed up. It’s time they leave
All They need to do is hold Ken accountable to his performance

All They need to do is hold Ken accountable to his performance
Exactly and they didn’t. Instead they signed him to a 4 year contact meaning that we can’t let him go for at least another 3 years. They have completely ****ed up. It’s time we need a change in leadership. For 4 years now all we have done is hope, it’s not working. Things need to change.

Exactly and they didn’t. Instead they signed him to a 4 year contact meaning that we can’t let him go for at least another 3 years. They have completely ****ed up. It’s time we need a change in leadership. For 4 years now all we have done is hope, it’s not working. Things need to change.
Yeah sack ken own the * up and get the football department right

I think we need to stop all the head office change talk it's purely football department that needs a fix we don't need to look higher just for blames sake

I think we need to stop all the head office change talk it's purely football department that needs a fix we don't need to look higher just for blames sake
What have we done under KT and Koch? Hell its to a point where we only have 1 major sponsor. So you could argue even ignoring all the monumental screw ups they have made (Coaching contacts, coaching appointments, China, player contacts etc) they still have failed to do their jobs. We have done nothing under the leadership on KT and Koch.

?
CEO and presidents leaving have occurred in the past? It’s literally happened before, heaps of times for that matter.

Tell me when a coach that had 3 years on his contract had been fired?

Coaches have resigned, been replaced, or been sacked every year...tell me a year that it hasn't happened in the AFL, VFL, SANFL...in fact, pick a god damn league your self, even in the fantasy world you seem to live in.

The problem is on field performance.
What can you and can't you fix over the course of the off season? Can you replace the entire playing list? No. Can you replace a sizeable proportion of the playing list? No.

We have lost 2 quality coaches, Richardson and Walsh. We have under performed and struggled since 2014.
We have brought in new coaches, we have continued to be mediocre.
We have brought in new players, we have continued to be mediocre.

The obvious first choice fix is coaches. New senior coach, with a fresh coaching panel around him. Over a year or two, the players not up to it will be weeded out and depart. New players will be brought in, or elevated from the 2's.

But no, you continue on with your fantasy world of replacing the CEO and Chairman, because our club being financially more secure then it was in 2012 when Kochie took the reigns, who are part of the reason we are playing at Adelaide Oval instead of the swamp, is our biggest problem.

Last edited:
Coaches have resigned, been replaced, or been sacked every year...tell me a year that it hasn't happened in the AFL, VFL, SANFL...in fact, pick a god damn league your self, even in the fantasy world you seem to live in.
You didn’t answer my question, what coach in the AFL history has been fired from their head coaching role with 3 years remaining on their contact? Now history is so long it has probably happened at least once but my belief right now is that it has never happened.

No s**t coaches leave/get fired every year, those coaches don’t have 3 years on their contact. You’re crazy if you think port would even consider doing it. Again it’s a fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back