News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an opportunity for you guys to put an extended contract offer on the table that avoids him becoming a RFA next year

If he doesn't want to commit beyond 2019 then investigate what can be squeezed out of Brisbane in a trade because even pick 4 on its own would be better than the 1st round compo pick you'd get if he left next year. And I imagine more than just pick 4 will be on the table since Brisbane are the ones approaching him

Was semi expecting someone to be poached or approached. Wasn't expecting Neale. In my head more a Ryan, Darcy or Cox would be approached.

This one has me a tad rattled, but at the same time pick 4 and 5 in this draft after 2 and 5 the draft before is a massive potential set up at a run at it. Could be an absolute flop.

If we did have 4 and 5 we'd have another incredibly strong position at the draft and huge currency for live trading.

ALL THAT SAID, Neale is just such an accomplished midfielder that he would leave a massive hole in our already under developed midfield.

Interesting times and pick 4 is definitely a very good starting point.

I haven't looked at the young Brisbane players, but I'd be scanning them hard to see who could come back to us as part of the deal.

And you base this on what, your ability to read tea leaves
have a look at the players ranked in the top 7 or 8 this year, all Vics and SA, no WA kids in sight....if we did something like this Fyfe would probably be the next one that would want to bail early...a contract is nothing these days.

I think it's more to do with us realising we are one exceptional midfielder away from almost being a complete team.
Definitely, its absolutely worth it to you guys. Short of games needing to be played, I cant think of too many holes that need filling in your team. Maybe another gun small forward, but with Neale you could play Zorko there a lot more...

He's the perfect age for you as well.

Hawthorn did this when they snaffled our picks for Hodge and co. If you havent noticed the Hawks went on to multiple cups on the back of those picks and we , well we are still trying to catch up.
Who in their top 5 players did they trade out ?too get those picks

One thing for sure is #4 ain't gonna do it. They gave up 5 and 25 and a player ?crisp for beams. Neale may be worth a little less but that's the ballpark

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

If Pick 4 and 22 for Neale and pick 77 was the result, I would think a fair outcome. Saying that, he is probably our number one value player even ahead of Fyfe is almost 2 years older and if you think about the players Eagles picked up for letting Judd go to Carlton, it was a good result for the Eagles.

Fremantle don't have much worth trading and they have no picks in second , third or fourth rounds. If you want to rebuild, you need multiple picks in the 20's . Last year the Eagles scored Liam Ryan in the 20's I think.

So as horrible as it sounds, if Neale went and we got another first round and a second round it might work out better in three years time.

I know one thing is for sure - If Neale stays and we stay with pick 5 and pick 77 we wont be much better next season.

Worth more than Pick 4 to you folks IMO

Ask for Hipwood to be included!

Hipwood would clearly be off the table.

Queenslander, star potential, our standout KPP going forward, marketable.

As others have said here, we aren’t trying to swap talent in and out, we are trying to add it. Draft picks are our currency. Always the potential for three way trades if you guys want established players.

Definitely, its absolutely worth it to you guys. Short of games needing to be played, I cant think of too many holes that need filling in your team. Maybe another gun small forward, but with Neale you could play Zorko there a lot more...

He's the perfect age for you as well.
Yeah absolutely makes sense for us. Fits everything we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipwood would clearly be off the table.

Queenslander, star potential, our standout KPP going forward, marketable.

As others have said here, we aren’t trying to swap talent in and out, we are trying to add it. Draft picks are our currency. Always the potential for three way trades if you guys want established players.

What is reasonable for you? 4 & what?

Who in their top 5 players did they trade out ?too get those picks

Trent Croad and Luke M a vey promising KD.
Hawthorn picked up Hodge with pick one we gave them and Mitchel with pick 36. It has been recognised as one of the boldest draft moves. Hawks supporters threatened to burn the place down if Croad was traded but the club bit the bullet and the rest is history.

Genuine WTF trade if it happens. Why on earth would you beyond the offer being huge. I mean they're ahead of us in the rebuild but not by so far that you're going for guaranteed success.

I am assuming it is money in which case we should just ****ing pay him and frontload the shit out of it, it's not like we have to spend heaps of coin at the moment.

Neale > Pick 4 for sure. But if he genuinely did want to go then you could try to squeeze more. Could even get both King twins which would be interesting, but still not enough to make me say do it. Keep him.

I would seriously consider this especially with this draft and Lachie a free agent next year.

I agree that we'd have to consider it, but given our likely ladder position next year our FA compo wouldn't be a lot worse than pick 4 anyway.

And if we do end up having a good year I doubt Neale would want to leave.

Neale loves the footy club and is loyal. However prior to signing his last contract there were rumours he wanted to leave.

I doubt there is too much to this story other than a bigger paycheck for Lachie in a few months time when he recommits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back