News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy McGovern was a flesh lump when West Coast drafted him. I don’t buy the “not ready for AFL” argument. He wasn’t ready but they picked him up cheap anyway and turned out a very very good footballer.

Jeremy McGovern was a flesh lump when West Coast drafted him. I don’t buy the “not ready for AFL” argument. He wasn’t ready but they picked him up cheap anyway and turned out a very very good footballer.
Colin Sylvia was a flesh lump too.

He is the missed opportunity that I will never forgive Freo for. Father son pick under our nose and we ficked it up.

I'm disappointed with Duffield. He's better than this.
No he isn't. He has no insight at all on the more technical parts of the game and just produces conventional opinion topped with gossip. The only thing that differentiates him from the tabloid footy writers is that its better written.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ag-moment-for-fremantle-dockers-ng-b88946575z

Brisbane’s audacious plan to poach Lachie Neale was hatched at a meeting with him in a Darwin cafe in July around Fremantle’s round 16 clash with Melbourne at TIO Stadium.

---

Why are you disappointed? He is a journalist, it's his job to report on stuff like this if he thinks he has reliable information. Same thing with Hardie, Hagdorn and co. They stick their necks out and sometimes they get it wrong, but a lot of times they are on the money.

There are too many journos alluding to smoke coming out of Freo for it to be all piss and wind.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ag-moment-for-fremantle-dockers-ng-b88946575z

Brisbane’s audacious plan to poach Lachie Neale was hatched at a meeting with him in a Darwin cafe in July around Fremantle’s round 16 clash with Melbourne at TIO Stadium.

---

I'm a defender of Lyon but I dont see what's wrong with what Duffield said. Losing Neale will be a big moment for the next 3 years because of what it says about the state of things off field. We should not be losing Neale type players to Brisbane. He's not going home, he cant be leaving for money, we are only paying Fyfe on any decent coin.

So if hes leaving its coz he see's Brisbane as a better place to be. That's pretty damning

...There are too many journos alluding to smoke coming out of Freo for it to be all piss and wind.

Or all seeing a easy story, easy paycheck and all jumping on it.

We're an easy target, doesnt have to be true currently. We also have a history of bending over and taking it from umpires\free kicks, Sandi chopped arms, to Tribunal examples and innuendo's about everyone. We dont ever rock the boat throw our weight around like Eagles and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That piece is every conventional opinion jammed into one place. I mean he even acknowledges at one point that freo is rebuilding and this involves losses, but that you can't judge a rebuild until it's done (which is true). But then apparently unaware of the obvious contradiction suggests a defensive gameplan is the issue. We actually have no idea if whatever gameplan Ross would apply to this group when mature would work, because they're still kids! Duffield couldn't describe a single aspect of our gameplan technically, let alone explain how it is defensive and what we should be doing instead.
I have absolutely no doubt there are ructions within the club because when you're losing you are under pressure. Many of the same stuff goes on when you're winning too but nobody gives a s**t then. Lyon has also invited this revenge by unwisely not hiding his contempt for the local media figures. While there is a chance to get him by god they are going to pile on and take it.

Or all seeing a easy story, easy paycheck and all jumping on it.

We're an easy target, doesnt have to be true currently. We also have a history of bending over and taking it from umpires\free kicks, Sandi chopped arms, to Tribunal examples and innuendo's about everyone. We dont ever rock the boat throw our weight around like Eagles and others.

Makes us sound like the weedy kid in the corner that everyone ignores.

This is the kind of post that reinforces the whole victim mentality stuff.

About time we just forgot the rest of the world and just get very good at what we do at every level of the club. Then whatever everyone else says and thinks counts for jack.

There are too many journos alluding to smoke coming out of Freo for it to be all piss and wind.

I disagree with that (in relation to Lachie). If you look over his contract negotiations last time, there was one interview granted with a local journo that had direct quotes. Didn't stop everyone else from posting opinion as fact - and what happens is that Hagdorn says something, then someone over east quotes Hagdorn "news out of WA is that" and before you know it, some made up bullshit becomes established fact. I follow the Lachie stuff really closely so it's the easiest examples for me to talk about - but it happens across the board.

As a rule of thumb - unless it's a direct quote from his management, it's probably rumour and s**t made up. No matter how 'reliable' that journo might appear from a 'has called it right in the past' scenario. Even Hagdorn has called things right in the past on the rare occasion. Doesn't make him remotely close to an expert the other thousand times he fabricates a story.

The problem with Hackdorn, Hardie, Duffield etc, they tend to pick all the lowest hanging fruit, I don’t think they try overly hard, when they have nothing new, they then become controversial. Money for nothing.
No Duffield is well respected and has very good contacts at the club and not just from when his nephew played there.

Yeah despite my intense discomfort at this even being a story, the whole thing does essentially stem from a Sam McClure article, and that bloke doesn't exactly have the best track record. Yes, others are reporting there is interest, but you'd probably be more surprised if there wasn't interest in Lachie.

The only thing indicating Lachie is in fact interested is one quite from McClure that no one really has any way of verifying. Whately and Robbo have essentially jumped on that given it was on their show.

Yeah despite my intense discomfort at this even being a story, the whole thing does essentially stem from a Sam McClure article, and that bloke doesn't exactly have the best track record. Yes, others are reporting there is interest, but you'd probably be more surprised if there wasn't interest in Lachie.

The only thing indicating Lachie is in fact interested is one quite from McClure that no one really has any way of verifying. Whately and Robbo have essentially jumped on that given it was on their show.

There was also the hat :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back