Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen that one but thats not what the op is about. They have made one of these for every club.

I know, if you let the main video play it should cycle through and auto-play all the individual videos afterwards. I watched them all last night.

I know, if you let the main video play it should cycle through and auto-play all the individual videos afterwards. I watched them all last night.

Not sure if this is biased or incompetent but the HS is rating the bottom 6 players of all
the clubs playing finals based on info provided by Champion Data.

Champion Data has put each finalist’s Round 23 line-up under the microscope and highlighted the six players
with the lowest season average based on its official AFL player ratings.

Couldn't believe Shep is listed.
I reckon he's at least our 3rd best defender after Gov and Bunga.
How can Lecca be infront of him as well?

West Coast are ranked 4th.

Dom Sheed 7.7 (15 games)

Will Schofield 7.2 (10)

Brad Sheppard 7.0 (22)

Oscar Allen 6.7 (2)

Mark Hutchings 6.1 (17)

Daniel Venables 6.0 (12)

Also in the mix: Brendon Ah Chee, Jake Waterman, Brayden Ainsworth, Jack Petrucelle, Jackson Nelson

The Eagles rank a very credible fourth in the bottom six rankings given injuries to top-line players, but they wouldn’t want any more forced outs with a drop-off to the players next in line. Josh Kennedy’s return for the qualifying final will probably cost Allen his spot in the team and push a player like Nathan Vardy into the bottom six.

Not sure if this is biased or incompetent but the HS is rating the bottom 6 players of all
the clubs playing finals based on info provided by Champion Data.

Champion Data has put each finalist’s Round 23 line-up under the microscope and highlighted the six players
with the lowest season average based on its official AFL player ratings.

Couldn't believe Shep is listed.
I reckon he's at least our 3rd best defender after Gov and Bunga.
How can Lecca be infront of him as well?

West Coast are ranked 4th.

Dom Sheed 7.7 (15 games)

Will Schofield 7.2 (10)

Brad Sheppard 7.0 (22)

Oscar Allen 6.7 (2)

Mark Hutchings 6.1 (17)

Daniel Venables 6.0 (12)

Also in the mix: Brendon Ah Chee, Jake Waterman, Brayden Ainsworth, Jack Petrucelle, Jackson Nelson

The Eagles rank a very credible fourth in the bottom six rankings given injuries to top-line players, but they wouldn’t want any more forced outs with a drop-off to the players next in line. Josh Kennedy’s return for the qualifying final will probably cost Allen his spot in the team and push a player like Nathan Vardy into the bottom six.
Champion Data has a very flawed system of ranking players so I wouldn't read too much into it. Their stats are good to look at in isolation but when they try to give them a score and rank them, it becomes problematic imo.

And yet they can’t help with the subtle digs.

“Darling! No grand final nerves there” - clearly alluding to his mare in 2015

And about a million references to the supposed notion that we “can’t win at the MCG”.

Whateley must have narrated his lines through gritted teeth I reckon. Huddo not so much. Actually don’t mind him as a caller.

2AF61647-80D7-4FEB-9EB5-1390D6031042.png Never trust a bloke who prefers OJ over Coffee in the morning. This is why can’t stand Tom Morris.

And yet they can’t help with the subtle digs.

“Darling! No grand final nerves there” - clearly alluding to his mare in 2015

And about a million references to the supposed notion that we “can’t win at the MCG”.

Whateley must have narrated his lines through gritted teeth I reckon. Huddo not so much. Actually don’t mind him as a caller.

Isn't most of the commentary from actual games played? Just cut to make it sound like it could be the grand final. I could be wrong.

In saying that I think you're over reacting. I think if we won the grand final it would be about us overcoming adversity (and our recent history) and performing well at the MCG. And the commentary reflecting that would be expected.

Isn't most of the commentary from actual games played? Just cut to make it sound like it could be the grand final. I could be wrong.

In saying that I think you're over reacting. I think if we won the grand final it would be about us overcoming adversity (and our recent history) and performing well at the MCG. And the commentary reflecting that would be expected.
I'm just a fan, not obsessed, but I'm pretty sure they're newly recorded lines for the promo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure it is fresh as the Pies one begins with audio about them winning the 2018 premiership cup - yuck

Just got caught up on watching the 360 episodes for this week and can't believe how little they even bothered to go into our match.

Every time they got around talking about the WCE v Coll game it was either a deep dive into why it was possible for the Pies to knock us off/Pendelbury and his miraculous recovery/Is Treloar worth the risk - and finally when they get to 'Most at stake' before the sign off, now it's West Coast - apparently we have the most to lose. And that's it.

Astounded how little they bothered to even talk about us, let alone in a positive note.

Just got caught up on watching the 360 episodes for this week and can't believe how little they even bothered to go into our match.

Every time they got around talking about the WCE v Coll game it was either a deep dive into why it was possible for the Pies to knock us off/Pendelbury and his miraculous recovery/Is Treloar worth the risk - and finally when they get to 'Most at stake' before the sign off, now it's West Coast - apparently we have the most to lose. And that's it.

Astounded how little they bothered to even talk about us, let alone in a positive note.
It is VFL360- they are just catering to their key market.

But I think that it’s not a bad thing. So long as we turn up on Saturday night the less attention the better for now.

You'll get used to it.

ARE WE ACTUALLY PLAYING THIS WEEK

F..k me anyone would think we aren’t playing

I’ve resorted to reading the west or our own website

We finished 2nd ......geez

It is VFL360- they are just catering to their key market.

But I think that it’s not a bad thing. So long as we turn up on Saturday night the less attention the better for now.

I agree it's not a bad thing really.

But i am kind of gobsmacked how a team with two home finals, who finished 2nd on the ladder, beat the raging premiership favourite earlier in the year & our upcoming opponent on their home deck is now having our chances of beating Collingwood being likened to a toothless geriatric being able to successfully eat a cobb of corn.

Ah well. Up the F%@king Coasters i guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back