Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/c253caae1689f69332276a06b29d5518

Bailey Smith a chance to drop out of the top 5.
If he is there at 8 surely we snatch him

If live trading is a thing this year, and he gets to pick 6 or 7 i would have no problems trading up to get him using a downgrade of our 2nd for example. Exactly the type of mid we need.
Live trading will make many claims for who clubs will pick at this point pretty premature. Espeically with trade week still to come aswell I highly doubt clubs have settled on who they will draft in the top 5 yet.

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. Gold Coast - Lukosius
3. Gold Coast - Rozee
4. St Kilda - M King
5. Fremantle - B King
6. Fremantle - Hill
7. Sydney - Blakey (Bulldogs bid)
8. Western Bulldogs - Rankine
9. Adelaide - Hately
10. Essendon - Smith

Of course RCD produces arguably his two best games of football after I questioned his production this year. GF next week should be a great game.
Not many players the last few weeks have made me say “wow” as much as he has. Production aside he is one of my favourite players to watch from this draft purely for his clean hands and speed and just the way he moves.

He has had notablely more midfield minutes which might be the reason his numbers have improved.

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. Gold Coast - Lukosius
3. Gold Coast - Rozee
4. St Kilda - M King
5. Fremantle - B King
6. Fremantle - Hill
7. Sydney - Blakey (Bulldogs bid)
8. Western Bulldogs - Rankine
9. Adelaide - Hately
10. Essendon - Smith

Surely Freo test out the doggies for West? Adelaide will give them a nice swap of picks later if they did that for them letting them get Rankine.

Not many players the last few weeks have made me say “wow” as much as he has. Production aside he is one of my favourite players to watch from this draft purely for his clean hands and speed and just the way he moves.

He has had notablely more midfield minutes which might be the reason his numbers have improved.
It's the more consistent impact across the match that I've been waiting for and he's now delivering. If he continues this form through the GF and All Stars game then he could attract interest even earlier than our pick.

That really sucks, I’ve loved those games and they’ve produced some great picks over the last few years. Florent and Bonar being notiable ones.
It’s only the 17s all stars this year which is a shame, doesn’t make much sense since most would care about this years more anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s only the 17s all stars this year which is a shame, doesn’t make much sense since most would care about this years more anyway

I would have loved them to double down and play two of them. The standard all stars game and then the next 44. Think you can learn so much seeing the best vs the best.

Jack Ross could be a steal this year if he goes later as you would expect from his state combine invite. Absolute class act.

Dream scenario

8: Bailey Smith
31: Jack Bytel
62: Nathan Kreuger

Smith is a gun who could step in round 1 next year in the middle or half back. Increasing talk he drops as other bolters rise.
Bytel was touted as a 1st rounder earlier this year but has dropped away. Big bodied mid could be a steal - reminds me a lot of Seb Ross in his draft year that went at a similar pick.
Kreuger has loads of talent but was missed last year for whatever reason - attitude being the one i have heard the most. But 19yo KPFs that perform at senior level like him shouldnt be in the state leagues. We need another developing key forward and he could be the go. Took all my self control not to take Irving mosquito here though.

Dream scenario

8: Bailey Smith
31: Jack Bytel
62: Nathan Kreuger

Smith is a gun who could step in round 1 next year in the middle or half back. Increasing talk he drops as other bolters rise.
Bytel was touted as a 1st rounder earlier this year but has dropped away. Big bodied mid could be a steal - reminds me a lot of Seb Ross in his draft year that went at a similar pick.
Kreuger has loads of talent but was missed last year for whatever reason - attitude being the one i have heard the most. But 19yo KPFs that perform at senior level like him shouldnt be in the state leagues. We need another developing key forward and he could be the go. Took all my self control not to take Irving mosquito here though.
Wouldn’t mind that outcome, Mosquito is tied to Hawks anyway and he is pretty much a guarantee to have a bid matched at that point

Wait why?
Because the kids were tired and didn't want to play and were being coerced to play by the afl.
Powerful afl player managers put a stop to it. Hardly a good look if a star player got injured in an exhibition game. The game also meant interstate kids were coming to Melbourne twice in a week which disrupted schooling.

I'd take WA mature aged Marlion Picket if he is there at 62. A touch to early at 30 but if he was there after that I would grab him

I'd take WA mature aged Marlion Picket if he is there at 62. A touch to early at 30 but if he was there after that I would grab him
Pickett will be long gone by 62.

If we want him it will have to be 30, although after the success of Kelly at Geelong at pick 24, I wouldn't begrudge Dodo for taking that plunge

I would be shocked if Kreuger makes it to our 4th. I don't even expect him to make it to our second. He has been performing like a 1st round key forward in the SANFL.

As 19 year olds:

Kreuger:
22 goals from 13 games

Marshall:
23 goals from 17 games

Weideman:
28 goals from 15 games

Brander:
14 goals from 17 games

This could be a dumb question and/or it may have already been answered - but do we have any advantage (for want of a better word) over other clubs when it comes to drafting/signing Nick Hind? Or does he just enter the draft as normal?

This could be a dumb question and/or it may have already been answered - but do we have any advantage (for want of a better word) over other clubs when it comes to drafting/signing Nick Hind? Or does he just enter the draft as normal?
No, unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back