Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE for example have had 4 grand finals and 2 flags in the last 12 years.

Seems to me they’re doing something right

Be intrigued to see a comparison of finals won and ladder positions.

Obviously they've got the job done when it mattered whereas we choked but I'm curious to see the comparison over that period.

My unresearched gut is that they've been a bit more erratic in their finishes compared to our at worst 11th.

Be intrigued to see a comparison of finals won and ladder positions.

Obviously they've got the job done when it mattered whereas we choked but I'm curious to see the comparison over that period.

My unresearched gut is that they've been a bit more erratic in their finishes compared to our at worst 11th.

I think you’re right in that they have experienced greater fluctuations than us; it also appears to be the case that our greater stability or perhaps low volatility & predictability has not served us as well as their approach

Geelong have rich benefactors who can help out players financially. I’m sure hawthorn has methods too. Remember Chad wanted 1mill a year.
And a two-team town in Adelaide does not have media deals, business deals with rich millionaires some who own Pubs. and add a couple of people well versed in Property management.
Who do you think is the Face of the Adelaide Sports & Entertainment this year and next year.
Maybe check and find out which Crows players are stepping into financial management. And who their mentors are.
All Clubs are doing it.

You do understand we use the same model and Pay structure as Geelong and Hawthorn. But yea maybe it is outdated.
As for the rest of s**t, you wrote I just delete a long response because of what's the use. People like you will never change,
And don't bother with a crap reply because I don't care, I am going to enjoy the trade period and Draft.
It’s not crap if it’s been perpetuated. It’s frustrating seeing serious talent walk.

Maybe the Saint will come to the Party but I want to Keep Pick 8, and trade 13 and 16
Be happy with 4, 8 21 as I only believe we have the room to blood 3 top picks in the next few years.
Successful clubs bring em in and find the room. You gotta be merciless. We threw Fogarty at the wolves this yr. Got to be prepared to do the same thing again with a couple next yr. Keep things ticking over and never die wanting.

Successful clubs bring em in and find the room. You gotta be merciless. We threw Fogarty at the wolves this yr. Got to be prepared to do the same thing again with a couple next yr. Keep things ticking over and never die wanting.

Yes but any more than 3 will be a struggle next year more so when we want to get games into the likes of Gallucci, Fogarty, Doedee, Murthy, Then we have McAdam plus 3 top picks will be a struggle to play them all
And I have not mention Pohokle and McPherson (who I rate very Highly) unless we have a bad year again with injuries.

Yes but any more than 3 will be a struggle next year more so when we want to get games into the likes of Gallucci, Fogarty, Doedee, Murthy, Then we have McAdam plus 3 top picks will be a struggle to play them all
And I have not mention Pohokle and McPherson (who I rate very Highly) unless we have a bad year again with injuries.
So good to bundle it up and get lower in the order. Otherwise it’s just meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So good to bundle it up and get lower in the order. Otherwise it’s just meh.
We have to be careful, any move will probably cost us pick 8 and theres no reason to suggest we wouldnt get Hately with that

1) I can point you to 17 other clubs who kept great players.
2) I can point to a maximum of 4 other clubs that have lost the high end talent we have over the past 10 years. Thats a big problem.
1) So have we --- Laird and Sloane in particular. What's your point?
2) High end talent we've lost:
--- Dangerfield, for sure, Brownlow medallist and hard nut, but look what he's become at Geelong viz a self-promoting, smug, media-attention-seeking, diving/flopping JSelwood clone. He will always put himself first and seems to love being the Big Fish (Cat? ;)) in a little Geelong pond.
--- Gunston and Davis also for sure. I don't know about Gunston's reasons, but Davis was always going to do his two years then go home, which has nothing to do with the Crows/Club/team/culture.
--- then there's daylight, then
--- Tippett/Lever/McGovern are all money-chasing egomaniacs and were team de-stabilisers. Good riddance.
--- Cameron, well, looks like he actually did go home for family reasons, but he only ever played 4 or 5 good games/year, with the 2017 PF a standout.

It's not "a big problem" for the Crows only, since Interstate players are always a flight risk and there will always be someone who thinks he's worth more than he's being paid. Somebody above made a good point that Gov and his Manager negotiated his deal very poorly if he was unhappy before the end of 2017. Who cares what Gibbs is being paid? Gov shows potential only at this time and cannot compare himself to Gibbs, yet, if ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back