List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically, Which teams would benefit most across the league if all interstate players wanted to and was allowed to go home. The whole go home factor is getting a little bit silly but it would be interesting to see who would benefit the most.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They've screwed themselves.

I'm not sure you could describe gutting your list and giving away multiple draft picks as sweet moves. If we did that I'd be livid.

It's pretty high risk, high return stuff, but of course that's dangerous otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. Probably wouldn't want Port in charge of my investment portfolio.

It's pretty high risk, high return stuff, but of course that's dangerous otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. Probably wouldn't want Port in charge of my investment portfolio.

I have no doubt if they get 15 for Wingard, they will then package up 6 and 10 to move up to 3 or 4 and grab Rankine.

They will get Rankine at any cost.

I have no doubt if they get 15 for Wingard, they will then package up 6 and 10 to move up to 3 or 4 and grab Rankine.

They will get Rankine at any cost.

Not sure about that, Suns wouldnt want to give 3 away and it sounds like the Saints dont want to give away 4.

If you look at all their deals so far the balance isn't there. Not sure what they are thinking TBH. Unless this is the start of a rebuild process and they are trying to maximise return on when the players they pick up this draft are at their peak. All their best players are 2-3 years away from exiting the game.

If you look at all their deals so far the balance isn't there. Not sure what they are thinking TBH. Unless this is the start of a rebuild process and they are trying to maximise return on when the players they pick up this draft are at their peak. All their best players are 2-3 years away from exiting the game.
It makes sense.

One of the reasons Port are doing so well in the Draft is they have the courage to trade top 22 players from their list. Wingard, Polac, Hombsch (on the table) Pittard. (Yes some are requested a trade like MM).

I think Adelaide have a couple of players that could be in this category. Effectively trading a little depth for a little bit of future talent.

I will not mention players as it it will incite online violence and rage, everyone would have an opinion on who and the value.

But I assume most would agree on the principle?

One of the reasons Port are doing so well in the Draft is they have the courage to trade top 22 players from their list. Wingard, Polac, Hombsch (on the table) Pittard. (Yes some are requested a trade like MM).

I think Adelaide have a couple of players that could be in this category. Effectively trading a little depth for a little bit of future talent.

I will not mention players as it it will incite online violence and rage, everyone would have an opinion on who and the value.

I wouldn't say they are doing "so well". They are certainly making trades. Whether it's good for them or not remains to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard and Polec are still only 25. You trade out your guns when they're older not at the peak of their powers.

Wut?

Trading out the only match winners you have on your list when the balance of your remaining talent is aged 29 and above is a good idea?

Saying they have the "courage" to trade out Wingard and Polec is like saying we were courageous to trade out Lever and Cameron.

Delusional.

Well not if we can't get 2 or 3 from GC or 5 from Lions.

Can't see a anther club taking him due to go home factor other than port
I think youre wrong on this one, im very confident we arent after Rankine as our Number 1, 2 or 3 priority

If the goal of AFL was to win trade week, then sure they’re big winners...

They won trade week last year too, where did that get them. They’ve now traded, or will trade out their only pacy outside players, both of whom are locals and in their prime.

There’s a lot of s**t sprouted on trade radio, but one comment I did like was “don’t confuse action with progress”.

Even if we did nothing else for trade week except trade in Stengle for a late pick. We’ve potentially replaced our main departing player(McAdam for McGovern), found a potential replacement for Betts and improved our draft hand with 4 picks inside 21.

What I do agree with is the comment that perhaps we cling to our borderline best 22 players a little too much, potentially overpay them which restricts our ability to keep want away talent.

The reality of the current draft is we can’t exist off just drafting locals, I think we need to draft more locals and work on ways to do this, which we are by the sounds, but this needs to be done within reason.

Basic rule of thumb is draft for talent, trade for need. Currently Port are trading out their needs in the hope they can draft some talent. I’m not sure that’s how it’s meant to work, especially for a club that’s trumpeted how desperately it wants a premiership.

Rankine goes to the first South Australian club to pick. Atm that is port.

If it is true that gold coast want Luko and Rozee at 2+3, it'll be a race to pick 4, and Port are more willing to kamikaze into that pick than we are.

Luko is not what we need RIGHT now and will take 2 years to develop
Rozee is a defender we have enough of these
Rankine has the X Factor we need
Thats your opinion, not the clubs.

Also, I presume youve only seen Rozee play 2 game ?? He isnt a defender.

If the goal of AFL was to win trade week, then sure they’re big winners...

They won trade week last year too, where did that get them. They’ve now traded, or will trade out their only pacy outside players, both of whom are locals and in their prime.

There’s a lot of s**t sprouted on trade radio, but one comment I did like was “don’t confuse action with progress”.

Even if we did nothing else for trade week except trade in Stengle for a late pick. We’ve potentially replaced our main departing player(McAdam for McGovern), found a potential replacement for Betts and improved our draft hand with 4 picks inside 21.

What I do agree with is the comment that perhaps we cling to our borderline best 22 players a little too much, potentially overpay them which restricts our ability to keep want away talent.

The reality of the current draft is we can’t exist off just drafting locals, I think we need to draft more locals and work on ways to do this, which we are by the sounds, but this needs to be done within reason.

Basic rule of thumb is draft for talent, trade for need. Currently Port are trading out their needs in the hope they can draft some talent. I’m not sure that’s how it’s meant to work, especially for a club that’s trumpeted how desperately it wants a premiership.

Maybe port have realised they are very weak on talent and are going to completely rebuild in this year of top sa talent. If the draftees are ready in 3 years, it would be perfect. All their average to poor talent and older players will be finished.

The big problem is they won’t be at all competitive for the next 2 years. They will finish but 6 next year and will only have RGray as top talent, all others are hard workers but not top end.

The supporters won’t come to games and they will be in a rut again. Hinkley won’t be able to talk his way out of the form they show. It will almost be Primus like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back