What things are you too old for at the age of 30?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't count darts or bowling as sports
Doesn't matter what you count, matter what things are classified as.

You can do a lot of strength related sports post 30 as well

Doesn't matter what you count, matter what things are classified as.

You can do a lot of strength related sports post 30 as well

It does matter, because I said pro athlete. Darts and bowling are not athletic pursuits.

I doubt theres any professional powerlifters/strongmen who didnt start lifting until they were 30+ but it is possible

I'd add now it's not just sports but careers. If you don't have or are not on the way to establishing a career by 30 the die is already cast.

Aside from pro sports and careers that require a significant period of study like becoming a neurosurgeon then i dont think thats true. Yeah you're definitely making it very hard on yourself but what you're doing at 30 is not set in stone for the remainder of your life.

Aside from pro sports and careers that require a significant period of study like becoming a neurosurgeon then i dont think thats true. Yeah you're definitely making it very hard on yourself but what you're doing at 30 is not set in stone for the remainder of your life.

By that logic nothing is set in stone and you are not too old for anything really.

Realistically thou a lot of life is forced on you by the choices and decision makers of others. We have little control.

Definitely nightclubs.

There are nuances to this as well. If you're Thom Yorke or Flying Lotus down a club in London, it's cool and being seen there is. If the DJ is "spinnin'" a Sorry remix and telling all the chicks to put up their hands, and he was born after 1989, then it's lame.

It does matter, because I said pro athlete. Darts and bowling are not athletic pursuits.

I doubt theres any professional powerlifters/strongmen who didnt start lifting until they were 30+ but it is possible
If its classified as a sport and they do it for a living that makes them a pro athelete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using words like 'selfie' and 'foodie'
Admitting you watch The Simpsons, Star Wars or anything superhero/comic book related
Wearing snug fitting short sleeved shirts
Listening to Triple J
Having personalised number plates
Watching Disney or animated films
Listening to dance/techno music
Living with your parents (unless you indulge in any of the above, in which it case its completely understandable)

Nah you can still become a professional in plenty of sports post 30

Quite a few test cricketers make their debuts over the age of 30 these days, would have been unheard of back in past eras when most had retired by about 30.

Kids cartoons definitely, plenty of people over 30 would still watch more adult cartoons like South Park and Family Guy, myself included.

If its classified as a sport and they do it for a living that makes them a pro athelete

Yeah, no.

By that logic nothing is set in stone and you are not too old for anything really.

Realistically thou a lot of life is forced on you by the choices and decision makers of others. We have little control.

No, I already said there are certain paths that are closed to you at the age of 30 but the vast majority of them aren't. Lots of people change careers after 30.

becoming one

Wrong bitch

james-podsiadly-1f042819-7ded-48b9-ae66-90ba3f0954b-resize-750.jpeg

Using words like 'selfie' and 'foodie'
Admitting you watch The Simpsons, Star Wars or anything superhero/comic book related
Wearing snug fitting short sleeved shirts
Listening to Triple J
Having personalised number plates
Watching Disney or animated films
Listening to dance/techno music
Living with your parents (unless you indulge in any of the above, in which it case its completely understandable)

The Simpsons is dogshit now but watching seasons 1-9 is perfectly acceptable.

Quite a few test cricketers make their debuts over the age of 30 these days, would have been unheard of back in past eras when most had retired by about 30.

Those players are professionals long before their 30+ Test side debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back