List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile, hawthorn have traded out of the 1st round..... again. Their last 1st rounder was burton @ 19 in 2015. And we all know that panned out.

Ok so now trade period is over, when can we expect the Gubby announcement?
You heard it wrong; it's actually Gumby who's coming.

55hv0l.jpg

Save some dinner for me.
I don't know if that will be possible mate. They are all like a pack of insane wild mutts just frothing at the mouth for some goss. I can't hold them back any longer. They've been feeding on ITK's the last six hours and have already torn through waldy & TheSaintsWhisperer...I'm afraid my message will never be heard.

Anyone reading this message please send he-

-Chat Disconnected-

Poor bloke.

If he had been traded to us from any other club Gold Coast might very well have picked him up this year. But they just couldn’t trade for him. Somebody may pick him up as a delisted free agent. Or rookie him in the mid year draft. He needs to keep his head down and keep working hard.

Thanks Mav.

Just a thought...maybe not many players want to come here.

We can't just go around choosing whomever we like. Players, especially contracted, have a choice.
This and that's the reality of it

It doesn't matter how much money we have or how many draft picks we won't attract anyone because the club is utterly irrelevant and mediocre in the eyes of players and player managers.

This s**t was completely avoidable too.

Horrible horrible trade by GC

Hold May to his contract they would have got something between 2 & 4 for him next year as a FA
KK is a top 5 pick and quality ball user whose concussion issues have been identified and solved

I actually understand the Scrimshaw and Weller trades. I even understand the pick swap with Bris to spread their high picks over 2 years. There is a logic there

But May and KK for 6. Yuck!! Given Port pick at 5 (preventing them getting Luko, Rankine & Rozee), that trade is bordering on mismanagement!

If they really are blowing the joint up, lets offer them our pick 4 for 6 & Bris first next year!

Gives GC the SA trifecta, screws Port royally and we still get one of Smith or M.King ...

6 this year maybe better than 2 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it wasn't a particularly exciting trade period, but it was definitely better than our year on the field - so when compared you could say we did pretty well. None of the few star players we have (gresham, steven... carlisle?) asked to leave, and we didn't do anything stupid like trade pick 4 for shiel, or retain a certain player who will not be named.

there's still time to pull a fast one on trade night, and if we can land one of walsh, kosius, rankine, king, or smith i'll be pretty happy. I do feel like the first three are a level above. Rozee looks pretty bloody good too but I fear he might take longer to carve out a position in the afl, tho the same could be said for elliot yeo early days and I'd kill to have him at the saints.

also if I have to listen to terry wallet tell durple he's nailed another prediction i'm gonna give up and move to bali. one of the worst PDAs I've ever witnessed. The most disgusting part of it was durple being all nonchalant about it. god he's unbearable. I look forward to the day they retire and buy parallel plots in the media graveyard.

can't really go wrong with smith I don't think

got a decent burst on him, competitive beast, nice kick under pressure. Sorta player you want in a final lining up in the centre square. Won't die wondering
The one reason I'm not sold in Smith is he is already doing all the extras in terms of his diet, fitness, recovery etc. He seems like he is already pushing himself to get everything out of himself, how much improvement will be have in him compared to everyone else who will start doing those extras once drafted.

This could be the worst team in history thats run out onto a footy field.

I feel bloody sorry for GC. They are back to the start. They'll get beaten by 10 goals every week.

Hopefully we get them twice next year!

My last post on the Trade period. Just a thought really..

Last year the Hawks were looking like finishing on the bottom but rebounded late in the season to finish just below us.
The Swans lost their first 6 games but played finals.
This year Essendon looked crap for the first 6-8 weeks but flew home and were clearly a finals grade team by season end.

My point is that none of those teams took their plight lying down and worked hard at getting their act together and winning games. In so doing they made themselves attractive to players willing to swap clubs by displaying promise for the next season.

Contrast that to the Saints and our fizzer of a season. We got worse the more the year progressed and it seemed everyone at the club was just waiting for the season to end. I ask you what kind of message does that send to players looking for a new home ? A team that gets beaten every week and showing no life.

All the more reason why it's so important to finish your year strongly, even if you've looked crap for most of it. At least then our list guys will have something to sell our club on.

As it was many on here were rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of getting a number 1 or 2 draft pick with still ten or more games to go in the year. Let's tank and get a better draft pick was many people's catchcry. Some even suggesting we should've lost the Gold Coast game to finish higher up the pecking order.

I say stuff that ! Take a leaf out of the Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Essendon handbooks and win games, boys. The more the better. Then, just maybe, we might get some of the players that we'd like, to like us too.

A team that wins 8-10 games and finishes the season well is a more attractive proposition than a cellar dweller, limping to the line and who seem rapt because they might pick up a couple of gun kids. The same kids that might not deliver or piss off home after 2 years.

A case in point is North. They were expected to finish below us this year but they had strong season and have leapt above us as a destination club. Good luck to them. I don't care how many good draft picks we get. We need to recruit mature top end talent to bridge the void between us and the top teams. In the even competition that we have you'll wait an eternity to do that based solely around kids. The rest of the league are improving at a faster rate than we are.

We need to lose that loser mentality and loser image if we ever hope to be a destination club. That means never bottoming out. Geelong have never had a number one draft pick for what it's worth. Winning games is the only way our club will turn itself around.

Just my two cents ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back