Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy memories of standing behind the nets at Adelaide watching Kim Hughes warm up. There used to be a car park way back behind the bowlers and Hughes was picking them out for sixes ahead of each ball: "Blue Toyota."

Lol you and your mate LP are obsessed with MM it’s pathetic even more so that you and that flog agree with each other’ btw I reckon MM is lucky but ffs the team has been picked support them.
I never said I wouldn’t. I hope all selected succeed, there’s a distinction between that and not expecting it.

FYI, quite a few were happy to deal out abuse to my good self when the shittruck fluked a ton last summer. Not to be seen since.

I have been arguing for about five years at least now that we need to pick six Teat batters.

The problem at the moment is none of those six batters can really bowl. In Australian cricket we have pretty much always had one top bat who can bowl. This is what we need to encourage in future batsmen. To add another skill to their repertoire.

You want some seriously crap overs from a batsman? Head or Finch can provide that, once the ball is really old. Marsh only got to bowl with a really old ball anyway. Six batsmen who can bat properly, which I'm bloody sure we don't have regardless of who is picked, would be more important.

At some point during this Test I really want to stand for a Head hundred. We haven't had a local boy do that at home in a long time.
I think he will be amongst the runs in this first test.

Can someone explain to me how Australia are favorites for this test? Really can't understand it especially considering the lack of runs our batsman have on the board.
Our home record in recent years is very very good

India's away record is not so good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time 3 'Victorians' played together in a test?

Fleming, Elliott, Warne, Reiffel and Hughes crossed over time paths of their career so fair chance 3 or 4 played in same team together at one time. Funky Miller played at Victoria too, Brad Williams etc. Probably a time of 4 at one stage in that period.

I have been arguing for about five years at least now that we need to pick six Teat batters.

The problem at the moment is none of those six batters can really bowl. In Australian cricket we have pretty much always had one top bat who can bowl. This is what we need to encourage in future batsmen. To add another skill to their repertoire.
We did OK with part-timers like Mark Waugh, Clarke, Border, Lehmann, even Andrew Symonds didn't have a great record as a bowler in tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back