2019 Members Convention

Remove this Banner Ad

"QUESTIONS
In order to provide a personalised member experience, we have selected questions you submitted to be answered on the day. With limited time on the day, we have maximised session time for you to hear all of the key information from our football coaches and players. We will endeavour to cover as many questions in the presentations as possible."

It will be interesting to hear how vanilla the questions that made it through vetting are.

You’ll know if I get my question read out :)

"Mr. Hinkley, your gameplan seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

"Mr. Hinkley, your gameplan seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Lol no, it was actually a criticism of last year’s plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with free tickets I wouldn't go. I can't remember being do disillusioned with the club in my life. I am getting shitty just thinking about the load of crap they will try and sell attendees whilst implementing co captain level s**t.

I also don't think it has dawned on any management the complete apathy/loathing the majority of our supporter base has towards our head coach. A head coach they rewarded handsomely for being so dedicated he was walking out a year early to coach another club. He then followed it up the next offseason with pearlers about commitment and forcing out our most attacking players. Actually it's little wonder we are going co captains with leadership like that

The question I ask is do you still love the club?

Are you fed up to the point you want to walk away and never watch a game again.

We’ve all been frustrated but it’s time to suck it up and move on. Resentment isn’t going to help yourself or the club prosper.

The question I ask is do you still love the club?

Are you fed up to the point you want to walk away and never watch a game again.

We’ve all been frustrated but it’s time to suck it up and move on. Resentment isn’t going to help yourself or the club prosper.
my question to you is, will the club take any notice or actually realise there is a huge problem not just a small amount of discontent if there is no financial repercussions or membership walk out?

If people keep renewing their memberships even though they loathe and despise what the club is doing and has been doing for the last 4 years, then the club will say 'well the members must think we are doing alright or they would have voted with their feet'. So membership buyout (if that is even a term) seems to be the only way that the members can actually get the club to listen to the discontent amongst members.

The restrictive surveys with stupid questions that make me think they are really asking "how great is Port? and on a scale of 10 or 10 how good is our China strategy?'
Never really asking what is wrong and what would you want to see us do to fix it?

Sometimes everyone sucking it up is not the answer. I just hope they have understood how serious the supporter discontent is. Because if they don't fix the gameplan, and player selection - selecting a ruck when a ruck goes down and not robbing from another key position then I would imagine they will see a true membership meltdown in the next couple of years and that kind of devastion may take a decade to improve.

I just don't trust that they actually realise the true level of frustration and resentment that members have towards the footballing department. It doesn't help when they continue to dick with traditions because of no good reasons.

I just don’t see how wiping revenue off the bottom line helps the club.

It’s only going to perpetuate the negativity, if they raise less via memberships who will suffer? Resources? Then what they will suck even more

I just don’t see how wiping revenue off the bottom line helps the club.

It’s only going to perpetuate the negativity, if they raise less via memberships who will suffer? Resources? Then what they will suck even more

What do you suggest the frustrated fans do? I’ll end up getting a membership but it will be with gritted teeth. I sometimes feel not renewing is the only option available to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back