2019 Members Convention

Remove this Banner Ad

The question I ask is do you still love the club?

Are you fed up to the point you want to walk away and never watch a game again.

We’ve all been frustrated but it’s time to suck it up and move on. Resentment isn’t going to help yourself or the club prosper.

Yes I do, but I don't love the facsimile of the real PAFC that Koch and co are turning the club into, we are virtually becoming Port Adelaide in name only, and dare I say it just another vanilla expansion franchise that the powers that be ( AFL ) are happy to make up the numbers.

As you would no doubt be aware the corporate world is full of senior managers who can fix the obvious and turn things around in the short term, but then either run out of ideas, or sit on their hands basking in the glory of what they have achieved, and I fear that is where we are now with our current hierarchy, they are reactive not proactive, and most, if not all were past their use by date 2 or 3 seasons back.

Theyve sold more tickets than last year

I was apathetic about it but for some reason I'm really looking forward to this now. I just hope it will be a lot more insightful than last year, which was a bit meh.

my question to you is, will the club take any notice or actually realise there is a huge problem not just a small amount of discontent if there is no financial repercussions or membership walk out?

If people keep renewing their memberships even though they loathe and despise what the club is doing and has been doing for the last 4 years, then the club will say 'well the members must think we are doing alright or they would have voted with their feet'. So membership buyout (if that is even a term) seems to be the only way that the members can actually get the club to listen to the discontent amongst members.

On Monday at the club I had a chat to about 6-7 people, ranging from the top of the tree to those in membership and I can tell you, everyone at the club is 100% aware of wide range supporter discontent

I just hope they have understood how serious the supporter discontent is.

They know.

On Monday at the club I had a chat to about 6-7 people, ranging from the top of the tree to those in membership and I can tell you, everyone at the club is 100% aware of wide range supporter discontent

They know.
But do they know that its got nothing to do with trying to engage the fans any further?? Do they understand they have to stop over promising and under delivering both on and off the field? I know these are rhetorical questions Macca, but I bloody hope they understand the fundamental reasons for our discontent, and dont try and search for more gimmicks, to paper up the cracks.

They know.

From your visit (The only person I 100% know you spoke to was Ken lol), did you get a sense of whether the 2019 iteration of the way we want to play will be more of a tweak or a wholesale change?

I know we'll get an update at the member convention, but I can't afford to fly down from Sydney for it, so even a high level understanding of their perspective will be helpful.

But do they know that its got nothing to do with trying to engage the fans any further?? Do they understand they have to stop over promising and under delivering both on and off the field? I know these are rhetorical questions Macca, but I bloody hope they understand the fundamental reasons for our discontent, and dont try and search for more gimmicks, to paper up the cracks.

They do. They are fully aware of why the supporter base is pissed off

In simple terms, are they able to get outside of their own heads, to get outside of the concentrated world they work in ... and see the Club, and themselves, as we see them?
Or do they fear, too much, what they will see?

From your visit (The only person I 100% know you spoke to was Ken lol), did you get a sense of whether the 2019 iteration of the way we want to play will be more of a tweak or a wholesale change?

I know we'll get an update at the member convention, but I can't afford to fly down from Sydney for it, so even a high level understanding of their perspective will be helpful.

Yes. They know why we failed last year and the criticisms we all have of the gameplan is what the club has been working on. I think it will be more than a tweak.

They do. They are fully aware of why the supporter base is pissed off
I hope their analysis is deeper than just, we have to win more games of footy and make finals Sydney style.

Yes. They know why we failed last year and the criticisms we all have of the gameplan is what the club has been working on. I think it will be more than a tweak.
That's good but then why's Hinkley still coach then? We didn't just fail last year. We've failed for the last 4 years. If they truly knew of the discontent there would be more than just tweaks happening. There would be external reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the update!!

Well whatever the game-plan looks like I hope its playing to the strengths of our 2019 list, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

I hope their analysis is deeper than just, we have to win more games of footy and make finals Sydney style.

Trying to be Sydney-lite is what has got us into this mess in the first place.

1549800828082.png

Sounds familiar. Could have been talking about Port Adelaide 2018.

This sounds positive. Let's hope they follow through with it.

View attachment 617447

Now imagine doing that and not winning games. Soul destroying experience for fans.

Last edited:

View attachment 617447

As true as that is, it shows how laughable it was by the coaching staff. Why we didn't just play to the strength of our list will always baffle me. We couldn't fit square pegs into round holes and it seems we spent a lot of time doing that.

Hopefully this upcoming season is the start of heading that way.

So no co-captains then? Cool.

Do you reckon co-captains is on the top 5 list of things the supporter base is pissed off about?

If we appoint co-captains then win the first few games everyone will be calling it a brave masterstroke.

Overall, i'm happy with the noises coming out of the club so far. I'm happy to hear we've changed the gameplan.

Now we'll wait and see whether the next gameplan dart hits the bullseye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back