2019 Members Convention

Remove this Banner Ad

Now imagine doing that and not winning games. Soul destroying experience for fans.

Lol yes. The Roos-Lyon Experience was predicated on being able to point to the win column. And famously, in Roos’ case, “this is for the Bloods!” was code for “suck my championship deek, Vlad!”.

In terms of harming Port Adelaide’s product, last year’s dross couldn’t have been executed better by Andrew Fagan or David Gallop.

Lol yes. The Roos-Lyon Experience was predicated on being able to point to the win column. And famously, in Roos’ case, “this is for the Bloods!” was code for “suck my championship deek, Vlad!”.

In terms of harming Port Adelaide’s product, last year’s dross couldn’t have been executed better by Andrew Fagan or David Gallop.

The missus was saying to me just yesterday. "I couldn't deal with it last year. I was bored out of my mind."

'Momentum' for port consisted of 20 repeat inside 50's and two consecutive goals if we were lucky, before the opposition score an easy two in reply in about 1/10th of the time. When we scored, it was relief. Not excitement.

The missus was saying to me just yesterday. "I couldn't deal with it last year. I was bored out of my mind."

'Momentum' for port consisted of 20 repeat inside 50's and two consecutive goals if we were lucky, before the opposition score an easy two in reply in about 1/10th of the time. When we scored, it was relief. Not excitement.

It was ****ing atrocious. Like a slow-motion suicide.

PS - the Geelong game when they were lacking all their quality talls and Gary Ablett Jr, and George Horlin-Smith was late emergency/BOG. in the NFL an offensive coordinator would’ve been fired on the spot for that. here? we plod along making excuses for how awesome the oppo were.

ahahaha that George Horlin-Smith one will live in infamy. You among others were like "inb4 he's BOG". Why can we predict what is going to happen before it happens. What sort of timeloop are we ******* stuck in.

How many times do we get burned by late inclusion hacks who play s**t the next week before being dropped back to the VFL like they so richly deserve.

small observations.
in the video preview thumbnail, Macca19 looks a lot like Karl Pilkington.
secondly, is it my imagination or has ken shed a few kilos and starting to look more and more Palpitiney?

I've often thought I have a bit of a Karl Pilkington quality

How many times do we get burned by late inclusion hacks who play s**t the next week before being dropped back to the VFL like they so richly deserve.
The Alan Didak medal for 'Spud who tears us apart'. 3-2-1 votes based on the players impact against us * their spud factor. GHS a deserving winner last year.

Seriously though, how many teams do this so often they have threads most years for spuds dominating against them many games a season?

The Alan Didak medal for 'Spud who tears us apart'. 3-2-1 votes based on the players impact against us * their spud factor. GHS a deserving winner last year.

Seriously though, how many teams do this so often they have threads most years for spuds dominating against them many games a season?

David Myers two best games in the past umpteen years were against Port. Last* year and 2014.

Do you reckon co-captains is on the top 5 list of things the supporter base is pissed off about?

If we appoint co-captains then win the first few games everyone will be calling it a brave masterstroke.

Overall, i'm happy with the noises coming out of the club so far. I'm happy to hear we've changed the gameplan.

Now we'll wait and see whether the next gameplan dart hits the bullseye.
I think it is another symptom of poor leadership and management exacerbated by the tampering with tradition by those that haven't earned the right to do so.

I also think a large element of the supporter base intuitively gets this and is pissed off about it.

My post was in response to Macca's statement that they really understand why supporters are pissed off. If they proceed with co-captains they either don't really get it or they do and don't really care.

David Myers two best games in the past umpteen years were against Port. This year and 2014.

I think you'll find the entire Essendon lists' top 3-5 career best games have been against us.

David Myers two best games in the past umpteen years were against Port. This year and 2014.

Remember that 2014 game bombers got the jump and then the Hoff ripped into them and we got back into it but missed like 10 open shots to win it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

small observations.
in the video preview thumbnail, Macca19 looks a lot like Karl Pilkington.
secondly, is it my imagination or has ken shed a few kilos and starting to look more and more Palpitiney?
I'd like to see Kern banging on the coaches box glass screaming UNLIMITED POWER this year.

As opposed to handing him unlimited power any more than he currently has...

Do you reckon co-captains is on the top 5 list of things the supporter base is pissed off about?

If we appoint co-captains then win the first few games everyone will be calling it a brave masterstroke.

Overall, i'm happy with the noises coming out of the club so far. I'm happy to hear we've changed the gameplan.

Now we'll wait and see whether the next gameplan dart hits the bullseye.

I have tuned out to the noises coming out of the club because all the stuff about the game plan is the same as the last few years. In fact it's exactly the same crap we heard last year just without references too the launch pad yet. They do the captain thing and basically are just shitting on any connection to what's going on there that most of us have left.

That's good but then why's Hinkley still coach then? We didn't just fail last year. We've failed for the last 4 years. If they truly knew of the discontent there would be more than just tweaks happening. There would be external reviews.
It was mentioned via a question at the agm that the player workrate has not been near that of 2014 and that was a long time ago. Ken was asked if the players were willing to make the necessary sacrifices to win a premiership. The inference was obvious.

It was mentioned via a question at the agm that the player workrate has not been near that of 2014 and that was a long time ago. Ken was asked if the players were willing to make the necessary sacrifices to win a premiership. The inference was obvious.

Based on data? They were pretty cooked in 2015 and so on and the way we are making Dixon bust his ass from end to end basically kicking it to himself means we'll burn more of them out. I don't doubt the endevour or workrate, I do doubt what basically to me amounted to experimenting on the limits of AFL players and the long term effects it has had.

Well, just a thought but perhaps 2 of those players have gone?

Stuart Dew, bad hammy and the size of a moose after retiring to follow his moviestar girlfriend to Hollywood, became a Hawthorn folkhero after blowing open the third quarter of the 2008 Grand Final.

If anyone inside the club has convinced themselves the gap between us delivering on our promises and continuing on the failboat rested with those two, we’re in deeper trouble than we thought.

I think you'll find the entire Essendon lists' top 3-5 career best games have been against us.

James 'peak Wayne Carey' Stewart has murked us two years in a row before heading back to play in the VFL behind Mitch Brown and Shaun McKernan.

Stuart Dew, bad hammy and the size of a moose after retiring to follow his moviestar girlfriend to Hollywood, became a Hawthorn folkhero after blowing open the third quarter of the 2008 Grand Final.

If anyone inside the club has convinced themselves the gap between us delivering on our promises and continuing on the failboat rested with those two, we’re in deeper trouble than we thought.

In Rick's interview with Matthew Richardson he spoke about the energy that is around the playing group now - how at breakfast everyone is laughing and having a good time because they are all focused on the one goal, and bringing in young players like Rozee, Butters and Duursma was a big part of the revitalisation. He said there is a real buzz around the place.

The inference I took away from it was that in previous years with guys like Polec, Pittard and Wingard - who are more introverted and mostly kept to themselves - there wasn't that solidarity of singular focus of thought in the playing group, because all of those guys would gravitate towards certain individuals they felt comfortable with in a social setting and not fit in with everyone. Which led to groups forming.

It's okay being a natural introvert, but you should feel comfortable with all your teammates. It's supposed to be a family. It's not the only thing that was an issue, but until they fix the mental side of things and become a tribe that is all focused on one goal, they'll never be successful.

In Rick's interview with Matthew Richardson he spoke about the energy that is around the playing group now - how at breakfast everyone is laughing and having a good time because they are all focused on the one goal, and bringing in young players like Rozee, Butters and Duursma was a big part of the revitalisation. He said there is a real buzz around the place.

The inference I took away from it was that in previous years with guys like Polec, Pittard and Wingard - who are more introverted and mostly kept to themselves - there wasn't that solidarity of singular focus of thought in the playing group, because all of those guys would gravitate towards certain individuals they felt comfortable with in a social setting and not fit in with everyone. Which led to groups forming.

It's okay being a natural introvert, but you should feel comfortable with all your teammates. It's supposed to be a family. It's not the only thing that was an issue, but until they fix the mental side of things and become a tribe that is all focused on one goal, they'll never be successful.
I am so glad our boys are all holding hands and having a blast now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back