Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Then I dont expect it rammed down our throats or having to watch it on Foxtel when I never subscribed to it. But I have to like it, thats what Ive been told. And my wife also has to like it apparently. You must like it.

No one is telling you that you have to like it, just not to be a campaigner about it.

I love dropkicks who throw out the racism and misogyny stuff, then run like a pussy with a nothing comeback.

If the shoe fits, that's all you need. :rainbow:

Hard to not watch it GG when its on the FoxFooty channel. we didnt subscribe to it when we signed up , do you get it?

Give them their own channel for all I care, just get it off. Are we not allowed to have that opinion considering we did actually pay for it?

No one us forcing you to watch it. That said, it's highly amusing to see your jimmies being so rustled over AFLW preventing you from watching 6 month old match replays. :$

Hard to not watch it GG when its on the FoxFooty channel. we didnt subscribe to it when we signed up , do you get it?

Give them their own channel for all I care, just get it off. Are we not allowed to have that opinion considering we did actually pay for it?

Why don't you complain to Fox footy. There's not much point in you whinging on here, we can't change it.

Then I dont expect it rammed down our throats or having to watch it on Foxtel when I never subscribed to it. But I have to like it, thats what Ive been told. And my wife also has to like it apparently. You must like it.
LOL. I have Foxtel, and I get 50 squillion bonus soccer channels I dont want, and soccer ******* sucks dog balls. Who do I complain to about soccer being shoved down my throat. Or, I could just not watch them.

A bonus joy the AFLW gives me is the whining snowflakes offended about AFLW, and the criticism they get for their moronic trolling posts, and how they complain, about snowflakes, not able to take any criticism.
Its ******* hilarious.

Criticise all you want. Those that criticise get criticised in turn. Dont like it, shut the * up.

Rammed down our throats? I seriously think the AFL is dropping the ball by wasting their time with AFLX when their focus should be promoting and establishing the AFLW more.

You don't need to like the AFLW, or watch it or care about it. If enough people do it'll do fine and if not it'll go away but if you honestly think its being rammed down anyone's throat then you may just be a bit hypersensitive about it.

Find it strange how people claim to dislike AFLW, yet take the time to go to a AFLW-centric board, read AFLW-centric threads and post about how they dislike said product.

I mean I don't like Justin Bieber, but I don't waste my time looking for a Justin Bieber forum to go to and tell everyone I don't like him.

Stop filling up my AFL news feed with womens footy that Im not interested in.

Just my 2 bob

I think what's more annoying is the deliberately vague, clickbaity FB posts (though the AFL have nothing on Cricket Australia in that regard). "Dogs star out for season" is the headline, only to find it's an AFLW player.

The simple answer is the blokes can have the sh#t bagged out of them relentlessly from every section without a time limit when they are crap. The women cant handle one critique without a meltdown or dragging out the tokens. They are happy to ride along with the "AFL" tag, but cant handle being taken to task like an AFL player or club. If they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion. They know it, but wont ever admit it. The proof is in the hysteria, no research required.

Are these the same blokes who are saying that having the s**t bagged out of them all the time is hurting their mental health?

Also, why are West Australians over-represented in the vocally anti-womens footy stuff?

It sounds like somebody was conned into the longest Foxtel lock-in contract ever, the frustration is understandable.

Anyway, a heads-up that I just fixed a slight error from a few pages back that said season 1 averaged about 7 goals per game and season 2 averaged about 8. Those must've been solely the Round 1 figures I was recalling, paragraph amended to read:
Personally I think for a 2-hour broadcast, 12 goals per game is a really workable number for both TV networks and spectators--last year's first round was 8.75 goals per game and the year before last was 7 (and across the whole season it was 10, up from 9.25), so they're not there yet but the improvement is already happening and I think at a decent rate.

On a broadly related note (stats) the AFL Women's website during the week added that game summary banner to the top of the page, which is good. Does anybody think this means there's still a chance they'll be including stats to the Match Centre in addition to videos and articles? I know the AFLW app has all that, and you can still access league-wide stats via web browser too, which if anything makes the current situation weirder.

It is inconvenient.

Its a different league.

If I wanted to look up A league Im not gonna go to an EPL site... and so forth

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Except, you know, male AFL players are involved with coaching the Women's teams, the Women's teams and Men's teams of clubs use the same grounds to train on etc etc.

So nah, your ever expanding attempts to say I JUST DON'T LIKE CHICK'S PLAYING FOOTY BUT THAT'S NOT SEXIST OR MISOGYNIST are wearing pretty thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is inconvenient.

Its a different league.

Lol, the top domestic league in a country is not covered by app for a league on the other side of the planet. This would totally justify the AFL not covering both its own leagues on its own main app.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It is inconvenient.

Its a different league.

Ummm the actual example to use would be the A-League and the W-League.

Both of which are on the My football app and on foxsports.

Not the brightest sparks here

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think the AFLW should have their own app.

Stop filling up my AFL news feed with womens footy that Im not interested in.

Just my 2 bob

They do have their own App with match centre, news and Streaming.
The AFL app has basically no information about the AFLW.

Goodness me, it seems these pages are filled with AFLW tragics who must spend all of their time jumping down the throats of anyone who dares criticize the AFLW. Still think they should have gone with the 'Australian Womens Football League'. Much better name dont you think.

Goodness me, it seems these pages are filled with AFLW tragics who must spend all of their time jumping down the throats of anyone who dares criticize the AFLW. Still think they should have gone with the 'Australian Womens Football League'. Much better name dont you think.
As opposed to those who dont like it and spend all their time bagging it out on womens sports forums?

Stunned that on an AFLW forum/board fans are asking for actual reasoning instead of some of the ridiculous ridicule being heaped on it. (Force down my throat ffs )

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Who are these players? I know players can suffer some mental issues but where is the "people bagging them all the time" part been stated?

Really? Many players have spoken about how the criticism they get, especially on social, has affected their mental health.

No, why would they do that?

It really makes you uncomfortable doesn't it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back