2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

At a touch over $400K ?? .....he's a guaranteed 105 ppg player this year .....I'd choose him over Matt

Miles is still just a VFL player trying to make it in the AFL .....he'd be my 2nd choice, but not as guaranteed as Brad

Im not married to them but will see. Would rather a premo and rookie

Cant agree on brad over matt at all. 105 is not really a keeper for me anymore. Matt is proven to be able to go 110 in 2017 and back half of last year. Brad has proven he can get injured a lot.

Im not married to them but will see. Would rather a premo and rookie

Cant agree on brad over matt at all. 105 is not really a keeper for me anymore. Matt is proven to be able to go 110 in 2017 and back half of last year. Brad has proven he can get injured a lot.

I have Matt Crouch at the moment. Scored consistently at the back end of last year and is a proven scorer. Given you only play as well as your team kind of thing. I expect Adelaide to bounce back this year, and have one of the fairer fixtures of all teams. Think not only will he be a consistent scorer, but will increase in average on last year. Also a good point of difference given not many will have him in their team at this point in time.

I have Matt Crouch at the moment. Scored consistently at the back end of last year and is a proven scorer. Given you only play as well as your team kind of thing. I expect Adelaide to bounce back this year, and have one of the fairer fixtures of all teams. Think not only will he be a consistent scorer, but will increase in average on last year. Also a good point of difference given not many will have him in their team at this point in time.

Had M.Crouch for the second half of last season and didn't regret it. Good luck. Only not starting with him because I like Sloane's value more.

At a touch over $400K ?? .....he's a guaranteed 105 ppg player this year .....I'd choose him over Matt

Miles is still just a VFL player trying to make it in the AFL .....he'd be my 2nd choice, but not as guaranteed as Brad

A bloke that's never averaged 97+ is now a guaranteed 105 scorer? Give it a rest.
Pick the good Crouch brother instead.

IIRC Libba rotated through HF a bit in 2016. I don't think he's speedy enough to play as a defensive forward these days, except for stoppage work when the balls in the forward line.
What about Libba playing as a defensive small forward ?

Defensive small forwards are so 2017
No, clubs still are imposing forward presses, so small pressure forwrds have been very relevant .....but what happens to the forward press this year will be interesting

Will we actually see the defensive wall come back into play ?

No, clubs still are imposing forward presses, so small pressure forwrds have been very relevant .....but what happens to the forward press this year will be interesting

Will we actually see the defensive wall come back into play ?
Nah, reckon the wall is dead unless it begins at half way.

Nah, reckon the wall is dead unless it begins at half way.
Even with the extended kickouts almost reaching the centre ......can't forward defend, so players may fall back and create that DEF wall ....I do think it's a possibility, to stop quick breaks after a point is scored

A bloke that's never averaged 97+ is now a guaranteed 105 scorer? Give it a rest.
Pick the good Crouch brother instead.
I’m on record saying he can go 105+. If he stays healthy I’ve got no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corbett having minor knee surgery means his start to the season will be delayed - probably start in the NEAFL getting back to consideration for senior selection after a few rounds.

From all reports has been very impressive in the pre-season and think it's very likely he comes in to the team.

Good downgrade target if have an underperforming forward rookie / injury

Corbett having minor knee surgery means his start to the season will be delayed - probably start in the NEAFL getting back to consideration for senior selection after a few rounds.

From all reports has been very impressive in the pre-season and think it's very likely he comes in to the team.

Cheers for the info. :thumbsu:
That's a shame as he looked like a good starting rookie.

I reckon he’ll come into the team way before any starting rookies are ready to be culled. Might start him anyway if he’s almost there round 1.

Drew%202018%20big.png

This kid will be rookie of 2019

I reckon he’ll come into the team way before any starting rookies are ready to be culled. Might start him anyway if he’s almost there round 1.

Yeah would expect him to play a couple of games in the NEAFL but could come in to senior team round 3 or something.
Get a couple of weeks to look at him before bringing him in round 5.

If there is an early injury or one of your starting rookies is a Garlett style bust then it could be handy.
Will likely be in before any rookies have maxed out.

By all reports RCD had a good intra club game this morning.
Maybe an outside chance of round 1

By all reports RCD had a good intra club game this morning.
Maybe an outside chance of round 1

I think even if selected I'd steer clear.
From memory consistency was something he needed to improve.
Might have good games but seems a likely candidate to play a few then get dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back