2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine is a gun

All the SANFL boys from last draft are guns.

Fort and Brooksby are better ruckmen than half the ones in the AFL comp
From Lukosius' Championships the year before I rated him the better player than Rankine.
Gold Coast is going to have a hell of a time keeping the Vultures away that's for sure.

Apparently Balta went pretty good in the Tiges scratch match, if he plays he'll be the relief ruckman. FWD only in SC sadly.

I've only seen him play a couple times and he hasn't really stood out to me, but a bunch of posters on the Tigs board really froth over this kid.

Apparently Balta went pretty good in the Tiges scratch match, if he plays he'll be the relief ruckman. FWD only in SC sadly.

I've only seen him play a couple times and he hasn't really stood out to me, but a bunch of posters on the Tigs board really froth over this kid.
Talented young kid who’s heart doesn’t seem to be in the game at times.
I think he’s an athlete playing AFL.

I didn't want to admit it, but it went right over my head. Any jokes that don't involve tittays or farts pretty much all go over my head.

I am happy to admit I didn't get it. Why should I recognise an anagram of the name of a player I had never heard of? You're being super generous calling it a joke.

I'm off to bounce a ball now. :thumbsu:

I think this year is a definite floating dognut in the fwd line, with cash gen in the rucks looking likely.

The question is who to loop with?

Also, have you seen my beer? I put it down somewhere.:moustache:
Seterfield probably won't start the year so he is my starting donut

Given there last practice match, he'll start rd1
Probably too early to judge but I get the impression from the bits and pieces I've read that it'll be round 3 or 4. Just a guess but planning on him or Ned Mchenry to be the one.

I am happy to admit I didn't get it. Why should I recognise an anagram of the name of a player I had never heard of? You're being super generous calling it a joke.

I'm off to bounce a ball now. :thumbsu:
Yeah, definitely not a joke, just a super cryptic reference. Wasn't sure Will would show his potential so soon, if at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of certain topics....I just remembered a glorious offering by the great man Judd_Magic last rnd last year.

Where art thou brother?

Ruby says "Hi" :cool:

Her puppies are still as magnificent as ever too. :moustache:

Welcome back brother. U have been missed. Hows the team going

Not bad brah, just tinkering with it still.

I saw that campaigner Here2tellyouwhy 's team and it looks pretty impressive.

Need to run his nose through the dirt this year. LOL!

Not bad brah, just tinkering with it still.

I saw that campaigner Here2tellyouwhy 's team and it looks pretty impressive.

Need to run his nose through the dirt this year. LOL!
You destroyed me last year.

Not as confident this time round mate?

Not going to score enough for me and i will be surprised if gets past 60 odd in most games.

Way to slow to generate any sort of $ return even if he has early job security let alone starting on the field and he is not Harry McKay!

True, he's Ben.

He averages more disposals, marks and contested marks than Harry did at VFL level.

I think most of North's rookies will be decent downgrade targets.

Bailey Scott will do well at AFL level, I think he will be a bit of a SC beast in time, runs all day, has pace, he's just a bit slight. Did well in the intra club last week. He will play games.

Tarryn Thomas kicked 3 in the intra club, probably not to supercoach relevant as he was played one-out of the goal square at times. He's the type of rookie that will get 40's, but also potentially the odd ton. He's a game breaker and kicked a few goals in the intra club that barely anyone on the list is capable of. Will probably play 5 or so games if I was to predict.

LDU - Was BOG for us against Geelong last week. He's priced as a premo rookie, so will be interesting to see how he goes in the JLT. JS will be tough in the North midfield this year, guys like Higgins, Cunnington, Polec, Dumont are probably locks, Hall will play more off half forward, then there will be Tyson, Ahern, LDU, Simpkin all vying for a couple of spots. Clearly much fitter and stronger than the same time last year.

Watson - $123k (DEF) Keep an eye on this guy, he dominated our intra club, coming off an ACL as a defender and he's been moved forward, he gave Thompson and McKay a decent touch up. I'll be interested to see how he goes in the JLT. If he plays like he did, Mason Wood is in a bit of trouble.

Wilkinson - $102k (FWD) Smoky for Rnd 1 depending on JLT, he's a mature age small forward with a big engine, who looks pretty decent. Small forwards aren't our strongest area. So he's the kind of guy if he takes an opportunity, could be decent JS. Black book him.

JLT like most teams will be a big indicator for us, especially with a large amount new players.

Last edited:
Ruby says "Hi" :cool:

Her puppies are still as magnificent as ever too. :moustache:

Welcome back bruz. Great to see you back.

How have you and Jack Watts been? Ruby been loving the motorboats? tenor-41.gif

Bontempelli article in the Hun (paywall).
Very enthusiastic about Bailey Smith and Ben Caverra, both in the frame for round 1.

Mentions the English and Trengove ruck battle and English's potential as a KPF so both of those guys should play too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back