Game Day 2023 Round 8 Discussion - where are our Rookies ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi kenties. šŸ˜‰

Scored 2,421 and went up 1,268 spots to 3,874 overall.

Won 8\9 leagues (lost my cashie for the second week in a row šŸ˜­)

Brought Sicily in and he sh1t the bed. šŸ˜”

Only 4 rookies left on the ground after I bring in Anderson this week. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Have finally finished moving into my new apartment. šŸ¤—

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Hi kenties. šŸ˜‰

Trades left?

Hi kenties. šŸ˜‰

IMG_3077.gif

Hi kenties. šŸ˜‰

How's Ruby boobie Tuesday.

I glad I beat you one week .
I wouldn't wanna play ya now ..tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, had a cheeky look at Gresh Prince, too, see the logic, has found his niche / groove again, fingers crossed for you šŸ¤žšŸ‘
Bolts is the SC gods doing what they do - it doesn't always happen that the bloke you're eyeing off on a juicy matchup, but you can take it to the bank that he'll go 150 if you don't pull the trigger.
It's their version of the shell game, the jokers.
Tigs players could be interesting, surely have to start to turn the corner soon, too much quality to stay down too long.

LOL...talk about a sliding door moment in the season, cheers Gresh...

on-fire-hand-shake.gif

Burn man throws a 40 (20 of which he scored in 3 minutes in the dying stages of the 1st half laying 4 tackles), goes at 10% DE and gets subbed in the 3rd quarter with a shin injury.

Thought at worst he'd drop a dodgy 70, could just have easily laid 15 tackles, kicked a few and gone massive, but no...now I have to go check the injury news to see if he's lining up for some more burn man action this week! :D

Special mentions also to safe and solid premo's Neale and Sicily, love you both lads, keep burning brightly.

on-fire.gif

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 5.09.18 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 5.16.39 pm.png

FINALLY inside the Top 5k ranks with a respectable score after an avalanche of premos coming into my side over the past 4-5 weeks (hence the trade number).

Brought in Clarry as el capitano for his second highest score of the season, and Simpson the better choice compared to Angwin. Have DPPs across the park and in a good spot with rookies making bank. Just spewing Longmuir wasn't transparent in saying Hodor would 100% play, as I would've looped on Ryan's score at F7, but nah, he'd rather be smug as say in his presser "he was always going to play and never in doubt". Kent.

Anywho, on to Round 9 targeting Dawson and then I sit on my trades heading into the byes. šŸ™

LOL...talk about a sliding door moment in the season, cheers Gresh...

on-fire-hand-shake.gif

Burn man throws a 40 (20 of which he scored in 3 minutes in the dying stages of the 1st half laying 4 tackles), goes at 10% DE and gets subbed in the 3rd quarter with a shin injury.

Thought at worst he'd drop a dodgy 70, could just have easily laid 15 tackles, kicked a few and gone massive, but no...now I have to go check the injury news to see if he's lining up for some more burn man action this week! :D

Special mentions also to safe and solid premo's Neale and Sicily, love you both lads, keep burning brightly.

on-fire.gif
Thought about you, mate, and was going to write, but then didn't want to rub it in or anything šŸ˜„
I went Sinkers over Bray and Gulden etc. (whose role I don't really like) and two of them put 50 points on him in a week.
Gulden cost me two cashies I had in the bag,.
How's Gresh looking for this week, he at least going to get to the start line for you?
Copped the shin knock, just awful, those ones, especially when the other bloke is from your team, they're great to watch when they're up and running and spiked a big one the same ******* weekend šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Thought about you, mate, and was going to write, but then didn't want to rub it in or anything šŸ˜„

LOL, all good mate was surprised not to get some good natured ribbing - reckon I earned it with a fail that spectacular. :D

Was having a shocker of a season anyway and watching longshot mudlarks getting up at silly odds at Sha Tin more than made up for it. ;)

I went Sinkers over Bray and Gulden etc. (whose role I don't really like) and two of them put 50 points on him in a week.
Gulden cost me two cashies I had in the bag,.

I started Gulden and he's gone from barely clinging on to F6 back into beast mode over the last fortnight - great sign from a player on the verge of breakout. Still don't see him as great value to trade in though, nor a certain top-6 FWD.

How's Gresh looking for this week, he at least going to get to the start line for you?

No footy media news and AFL site still not updated, nothing on Saints board, hopefully good signs, but it is the kind of injury you get bad news on at selection.

I'm half inclined to sideways him anyway now he's buggered his cash gen well and truly, though if I do go ahead with planned upgrades, he's my worst on-field plus one of Cinc/Wilmot/Mitchell as my last on-field rookie. Might just hold him and hope the good draw brings some decent placeholder scores.

Copped the shin knock, just awful, those ones, especially when the other bloke is from your team, they're great to watch when they're up and running and spiked a big one the same ******* weekend šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

I actually missed the incident and wasn't real keen to go searching for it.

Such a weird, horrible game on all levels. What odds would you get about the only Saints to ton up being Romar, Wilkie and Stocker? :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back