Game Day Round 2023 Round 21 Discussion - Celebrate Buddy Franklin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does optimise still switch players across lines with no trades? I have JZ fwd and ND back. Will it move JZ back and Daicos to mid and Davey fwd??
It should.
Just click and see what happens. you can undo.

EDIT: you may need to wait till Daicos is tagged as injured.

No trades .

Sea Mitch or Pelican if can get back to cover little Nicky..

Send treats .

Brussels Griffon Omg GIF

Does optimise still switch players across lines with no trades? I have JZ fwd and ND back. Will it move JZ back and Daicos to mid and Davey fwd??
I'm not sure, I haven't tried it.

View attachment 1766980

First rough week in a while! The new second place has Luke Jackson and Sicily and no Dunkley, so gained a ton on me (160 points behind now).

Daicos injury is really rough as I am $3,900 short of Sicily! Probably looking at Docherty, but will decide later in the week. Cannot complain though, had an amazing run so far. Just hope it can hold from here!
Best wishes for the remainder. Lots around you won't have trades left

View attachment 1766902

League 1: 1st overall, 15-3 record. QF result: LOSS
League 2: 1st overall, 15-2 record. QF result: LOSS
League 3: 1st overall, 16-3 record. QF result: LOSS
League 4: 1st overall, 17-3 record. QF result: LOSS
League 5: 1st overall, 18-1 record. QF result: LOSS

Overall rank coming into the round: 63rd. Down 23 places to 86th.

An all-round disasterclass 🔥

Congrats to Chronz, MacStradbroke, Vineyy and anyone else who bodied me this week.
That's rather weird, but then again - you've earnt lots of 2nd chances, so all good :)

SCE RD20 DAMO RANK.png

Strange as s**t, as my ranking didn't budge at all from last week, to still sit 711th overall! Anyone seen this? So my score must've been the actual PAR score around my existing ranking. Crazy!

Daics being out tests the depth, which was sorted until Walshy went down with his hammy. Hopefully he comes back a week ahead of the 2-3 week schedule, with this coming up to his third week out, as it'll allow me to bring him onfield, and swing Doc back into DEF (via Constable) and continue playing Georgie Boy Hewett. Otherwise will have to utilize DPP and rely on looping one of Cincotta/MJ/Seamus Mitchell/Maric.

Thankfully won 3/4 cashie finals, booking a ticket to Prelims and a week off in two leagues, and a Semi Final in the other win, whilst the loss is another look at a Semi Final having had a double chance.

Just hopeful my opponents are also out of trades and in a worse spot than me for these two Semis!

Lesssssgo! :rainbow:

SCE RD20 DAMO TEAM.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2463 and up to around 1700 overall.

1 trade left to cover daicos and still have ridley riding the pine. Might let Wagner cover daicos and then use the trade in the following week for finals

1691371295451.png

Just so damn boring!

Next year I'm going for PODs (like I did many many years ago; HELLO JASPER PITTARD!), bring some fun and banter back. I'd rather make bold moves and slide than play it safe and hold.

View attachment 1767192

Just so damn boring!

Next year I'm going for PODs (like I did many many years ago; HELLO JASPER PITTARD!), bring some fun and banter back. I'd rather make bold moves and slide than play it safe and hold.
Yeah I've gotta say, despite having a good year, this has been one of the more boring SC seasons I've experienced.

Hopefully Elon Musk successfully continues on his idiotic, self-aggrandising path to destroy Twitter – might get some variation back in our teams, rather than overwhelming group-think.

View attachment 1767192

Just so damn boring!

I have a secondary 'just for fun' team and I take trade risks with it every week.
Started Caleb Daniel.
Have traded in Brad Crouch, Chad Warner, Charlie Curnow. Every random POD I bring in seems to dominate immediately.

Certainly a fun way to play the game.

Genuinely no better feeling than having a ripper week off the back of a big POD score. Just need to ensure the majority of your side is as vanilla as possible so you don't lose too much ground on their bad weeks.

Yeah I've gotta say, despite having a good year, this has been one of the more boring SC seasons I've experienced.

Hopefully Elon Musk successfully continues on his idiotic, self-aggrandising path to destroy Twitter – might get some variation back in our teams, rather than overwhelming group-think.
I think more trades is the main culprit. The SC content just add to it. People are sideways trading keepers for fun.

I really think removing ownership % until after round 1 is complete would have big impact. Yes there's a heap of content out there to help people choose who to pick, but it would still remove the "forced" picks. In preseason you always hear things like "I'm not sold on X, but he's in 40% of teams, if I don't take him and he goes nuts, I'm screwed", or the opposite in "I really want X but he's a huge POD, and PODs never work".

View attachment 1766980

First rough week in a while! The new second place has Luke Jackson and Sicily and no Dunkley, so gained a ton on me (160 points behind now).

Daicos injury is really rough as I am $3,900 short of Sicily! Probably looking at Docherty, but will decide later in the week. Cannot complain though, had an amazing run so far. Just hope it can hold from here!
DPP almost essential with the way injuries are going so Doch a good shout. I guess the other option is move Sheezel back and look at a M/F such as Butters, or even grab Jackson to cover one the second place POD's.

Good luck!

I think more trades is the main culprit. The SC content just add to it. People are sideways trading keepers for fun.

I really think removing ownership % until after round 1 is complete would have big impact. Yes there's a heap of content out there to help people choose who to pick, but it would still remove the "forced" picks. In preseason you always hear things like "I'm not sold on X, but he's in 40% of teams, if I don't take him and he goes nuts, I'm screwed", or the opposite in "I really want X but he's a huge POD, and PODs never work".
I think the early season injuries filtered lots to the same players.

Interesting the comments about SC being boring this year. Tend to agree.

I think the early season injuries filtered lots to the same players.

Interesting the comments about SC being boring this year. Tend to agree.
Absolutely this ! ....the available talent became very thin

Absolutely this ! ....the available talent became very thin
An example would be Stewart and Doc going down early season. Most probably went to Daicos before his price rose too much.

He was $644k by round 6 so without the injuries many would have missed him and he would have still been a relevant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back