2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Dopends on the role Libba plays. Full time on ball no chance walsh in the better option.

Consdider this. Walsh averages 80 he will make roughly 170k by the bye. If that average drops to 70 he only makes 120k by the bye.

At 70 average he is still probably worth it when you factor in job security and pocketing 200k if you can downgrade him to bargain priced rookie mid year is a good return.

If he average lower than that say around 60, value would proably be better spent elsewhere when u factor in that 100k being used to upgrade to a real premo rather than mid pricer

Makes sense.

But I'm struggling to see him averaging 60. He's much better than that.

Is there any other role Libba plays apart from inside mid?

Think Setters could disappoint SC-wise tbh. We’re easing him in, and I think he will miss games here and there.

Don’t think Gibbons is a guarantee either. We played him mostly as a small forward yesterday.

IIRC Libba rotated through HF a bit in 2016. I don't think he's speedy enough to play as a defensive forward these days, except for stoppage work when the balls in the forward line.

Is there any other role Libba plays apart from inside mid?

Think Setters could disappoint SC-wise tbh. We’re easing him in, and I think he will miss games here and there.

Don’t think Gibbons is a guarantee either. We played him mostly as a small forward yesterday.

Setterfield will probably be watched more closely in the JLT by more SC coaches than any other player.

Not in my side atm FWIW

IIRC Libba rotated through HF a bit in 2016. I don't think he's speedy enough to play as a defensive forward these days, except for stoppage work when the balls in the forward line.

Last big scoring year was 2014.

Macrae, Dunkley, McLean, Bont and others will be feasting on points, doubt Libba can get back to his heroics of 4 & 5 years ago.

85-90 average max IMO

Setterfield will probably be watched more closely in the JLT by more SC coaches than any other player.

Not in my side atm FWIW

Think he will average 70 odd. Will play outside roles as well as inside and have a few really low scoring matches. Plus we’re going to be super cautious with him, and we’ve now got quite a few inside mids on the list.

Think he will average 70 odd. Will play outside roles as well as inside and have a few really low scoring matches. Plus we’re going to be super cautious with him, and we’ve now got quite a few inside mids on the list.

Setterfield is giving me a Will Hoskin-Elliott vibe from his first 5 years. Not durable and poor SC scorer due to being played out of position. Took WHE until his sixth season before he played a full year and became somewhat SC relevant. Setterfield obviously more of an inside tall mid, but will probably play outside/forward more than at the coal face, this year at least. I think a 70 average is a bit of a stretch for him this year. I'm expecting 55-60 tops in between missing a lot of games due to soreness/niggles/managed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield is giving me a Will Hoskin-Elliott vibe from his first 5 years. Not durable and poor SC scorer due to being played out of position. Took WHE until his sixth season before he played a full year and became somewhat SC relevant. Setterfield obviously more of an inside tall mid, but will probably play outside/forward more than at the coal face, this year at least. I think a 70 average is a bit of a stretch for him this year. I'm expecting 55-60 tops in between missing a lot of games due to soreness/niggles/managed

He will be played as a full-time mid as of next year IMO. Will spend time all over the park this year. IIRC WHE was injured for much of his time at GWS but was always a flanker.

At Collingwood he finally got over his injury troubles and found his niche in their forwardline.

But Libba or Miles ??

zWBBT_Fj2l765NXDZjgiTlCgGjYsaDJ_1vaXdvoSLQ2gNRz9IoxUshxHAcyNPWmAqs_O9Bmu2L8c-ntI93My1vS4_OP-5z0veNZps4gvkbWg_Mf4YhmiDe609rQno_-hW2a1R8ez5uEEQOxuooeq0OAxZLYNTIAx1lUibDlriwp_P6G2-0mN-cdKx37kFbNE3_3U=w443-h332-nc

I couldnt decide on a 5th mid so I split the difference lol.

Too pricey for me.
At a touch over $400K ?? .....he's a guaranteed 105 ppg player this year .....I'd choose him over Matt

Miles is still just a VFL player trying to make it in the AFL .....he'd be my 2nd choice, but not as guaranteed as Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back