Game Day North VS Port (in a meaningless game)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL to self - We need to quicken the game so lets make it you can play on after a 50 penalty.

Coaches/players to players - You never play on, ever. It's a 100 penalty now, all you have to do is run hard when you get one.

We are in a bit of trouble I think.

If we make players like Wood etc pay for looking completely underwhelming considering their seniority, we will be ok. However, we are unlikely and instead of playing some younger players we will get the same output from players 4 or 5 years their senior who will likely never improve.

Considering we don't have Tarrant or Daw down back and didn't have Goldy, Cunnington, Anderson or Jacobs in the middle it wasn't too bad, a lot to like about Polec, Ahern and Scott.

I don't think Larkey did much down back, with Brown and Ziebell underdone I think we need him to help out.

My concerns. Injuries. We seem to be a month or more off being ready and we don't have that long.

Overall despite our deficiencies in defence we did a good job to stay close to them.

Scott, Thomas and Ahern look good, Polec looks to really good pick up and Hall did a couple nice things.

I’m a little concerned about Simpkin, Wood and McKay, they struggled a little today, and we will have a problem at small forward if we continue to persist with Hrovat and Turner. They did a couple of good things but they just don’t get enough of the ball to be damaging.

I think Brad Scott missed a trick by not playing Thompson in both JLTs.

McKay needs experience around him and Thompson should have been playing both games to guide him.

A big concern that Scott is tinkering so much only 2 weeks from the season start.

Couple of young blokes showing some real promise the last couple of weeks is about the only positive we’re taking in to the real season. Scott and LDU should be playing rd1 both really good, Thomas showed some good signs over the fortnight.

If Taz ain’t back for rd1 we’re going to get hammered, that defensive setup was hard to watch.

Expect a lot better with key players back in, but skill execution has to get a lot better. We make so many stupid errors.

Season will become a farce if some of these rules are kept in, those two 100m penalties were an absolute joke. Put it in the bin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back