Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

My phone has been flat since 6pm but I reckon I can nail the vibe of this thread without even reading it.

Q1 & Q2: we are ******* s**t. Sack X , sack Y, may as well not turn up round 1.

Q3 & Q4: how ******* good are we fellas? Absolute machines.

How did I go? Lol

No sacking comments actually :)

oprah-sing-names.gif

My phone has been flat since 6pm but I reckon I can nail the vibe of this thread without even reading it.

How did I go? Lol

googlemembership.PNG

I didn't get to watch.

Who was good?
Who was bad?

And, did we turn it up or hawks stop?

Are we in danger of being leaky with these new rules? Or we all good?
Who was good?
Who was bad?

Good: Graham, Higgins, Dusty, Cotchin for the last quarter, Rance for the 3rd quarter.
Bad: I do not even want to start with that because it honestly is a long list.

As weird as it sounds, I don't think Hawthorn stopped all that much. We also didn't really rock up all that much either. It was just a case of who was worse in the two halves because I don't think either of them can hold their heads very high after that performance. Polar opposite of last week where both Richmond and Melbourne were playing very well for the most part.

We are in danger of leaking with these new rules. I don't know if our defence is handling the spread out one-on-one contests all that well. Our defence also feels a little too vacant. Our forward line is thriving though.

How did I go? Lol
did you bet another baby on the winner of this matchup ?

Watching Richmond at the moment reminds me a lot of watching us a few years ago, when they just rock up to these games knowing they only have to play well for a half to get the win.

I suspect round 1 vs Carlton will be similar as the players will have their sights firmly on smacking the Pies in round 2.

Hardwick looks determined to play a second key forward alongside Riewoldt, which probably indicates Lynch isn't far away. Balta has shown glimpses but it will be a whole different story with Tom Lynch there.

The recruitment team will be feeling happy about themselves for targeting Weller who looks like he can play a role in the absence of Caddy. Played less than a half and booted 2 goals.

The defence looked tighter in the second half but we probably scored too freely for your liking. It's been a while since Roughy or any of our forwards got the better of Rance. Not a massive concern at this stage and Grimes will probably impact more once he loses the Batman mask.

It's a bit early to tell how the new rules will impact you guys but you would have to assume once the season starts teams will have to tag one of Martin or Cotchin and you can only tag one. It should benefit the Tigers because you wouldn't think they will have to tag anyone. If a tagger goes to Martin, send Cotchin head to head with the oppos best mid.

Need to do it for four quarters but once they do I think you guys can rest easy knowing you'll be there again when the whips are cracking.

did you bet another baby on the winner of this matchup ?

Ha ha nah I didn't.

But the little man was loving watching his tigers play!

He only made it to half time though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on the game:

Short and Butler had absolute shockers.

Foot skills were below par for everyone most of the night but those 2 were just next level..

2nd half was pretty good. Felt our defence got its s**t together which helped across the ground.

Cotch and Graham huge in the last quarter.

I was LOLing in the second half, said to my daughter when we kicked the first 2 goals of the third that we would win.

On a serious note though, MODS when are you going to red ink Richmond for trolling, i think 12 days should be ample time for them to think about what they have done to Hocking, Gil and Wankley.

Good to work on our coming back from a deficit in these two games, you learn nothing front running and to actually win from 30 and 40 down in both games show's they give a s**t when it could've been oh so easy to just put up the shutters and just meander through both games.

we did **** all in 2017 nab cup. was one of the worst nab cups of all time

I dont think u understood my post, we played a certain way in 2017 nab cup "pressure and harass the ball carrier" which carried on into the real season. Whether we won or lost was irrelevant considering how 2016 finished. The fans saw the change in game plan and Richmond were reborn.

Now that 2nd half was more like it, the Richmond we know. We are a pressure based team thats our mantra, we are not the most skillful so we need to keep the pressure acts up. As a side note in the last 4 weeks of 2018 and going into finals our pressure dropped to 175 lowest of all the finalist.

So what i was altering to in that first half was our lack of intent and pressure.

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch.

Who was good?
Who was bad?

Good: Higgins, Cotchin, Graham. Dusty was solid. Jack solid.

Bad: The first half was absolute trash. We really need to fix our starts to games, we didn't have any intensity. Butler made some woeful errors, pretty much inexcusable but also did some good things. Would say the same about Rance. Short was really poor, would back him to be better in Round 1. I still don't trust Broad.

In Q3 we clearly turned it on, Hawks had no answer. Midfield was clicking.

In the last quarter we benefited from the new rules and got some great clearances through Graham and Cotchin.
I worry about this stupid new 50m penalty rule, it's too chaotic. Hope they practice defending it at training. Seems to often end in 100m penalties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back