Autopsy Roast & Toast vs West Coast, Changes for Hawthorn, Saturday July 22

Best vs West Coast

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks have a classy midfield ?

I couldnt name one player
Not a bad midfield tho, Newcombe is a good contested footy player getting better, Nash has improved, Worpel is just your typical get the ball forward type player and I think the best one of all of them is will day who is going to be elite imo.

So he's been torched by Goulden and Gaff in two straight weeks...

But he's gaurding grass, so well done, lets reward him and leave him in.

He's having no impact at all, including guarding his 'space' and his opponent is int he best 5 on the ground for the oppo, not a great recipe
His body is shot I reckon, but who could replace him on that wing is the question

His body is shot I reckon, but who could replace him on that wing is the question
You might as well give the kids a go. they certainly couldn't be any worse.

If you wanna know if HRS will make it, heres your chance, give him 3-4 weeks on a wing.
Or let Banks or Brown get a block of games under their belt.

I know they might not have have it, but we don't know that yet, we know (at least for the moment) Kmac hasn't got it, so why persist? He's been a liability all year IMO

You might as well give the kids a go. they certainly couldn't be any worse.

If you wanna know if HRS will make it, heres your chance, give him 3-4 weeks on a wing.
Or let Banks or Brown get a block of games under their belt.

I know they might not have have it, but we don't know that yet, we know (at least for the moment) Kmac hasn't got it, so why persist? He's been a liability all year IMO
I agree with you completely, I think that’s been the case a few times with the team where we’ve had players that have struggled and I kind of wonder why we haven’t tried something different. I think HRS needs to be given one last proper crack it because from what he’s shown I don’t rate him that much. Ross has done well to secure the other wing tho, which is good.

So he's been torched by Goulden and Gaff in two straight weeks...

But he's gaurding grass, so well done, lets reward him and leave him in.

He's having no impact at all, including guarding his 'space' and his opponent is int he best 5 on the ground for the oppo, not a great recipe

If he’s told to guard grass then he better guard grass. Don’t you think ?

As a wingman he doesn’t spend much time on the wing.

If we want an accumulator on the wing I’m sure they will give KMac first crack at it. If he can’t accumulate by going where ever he wants then I’m sure they will give it to someone else.

If they want a want someone to stay on their man I’m sure KMac will get first crack at it.

On average over the course of the game he’s our fastest player. Maybe we should be using him more.

I need to start an over/under market for Autopsy posts asking for Macca to get dropped every week.

It's just funny now. Still one of our most important role players and anyone that could replace him (Brown, Banks, HRS) would get absolutely monstered and leave us exposed.
If he was playing his role well, he would be one of our most important role players, but he's not. And it his best, I have clearly valued what he has brought to the role and the team.

But he hasn't always been an automatic selection. We conveniently forget he missed 2019 because he was dropped, credit to him for getting back for 2020, but he's in a position now where his contribution is far being outweighed by his opponents contribution.

If you're talking about leaving us exposed, how did Goulden go against us two weeks ago, and how did Gaff go against us last week, and they are last and 14th, imagine the damage against the good sides

If he’s told to guard grass then he better guard grass. Don’t you think ?

As a wingman he doesn’t spend much time on the wing.

If we want an accumulator on the wing I’m sure they will give KMac first crack at it. If he can’t accumulate by going where ever he wants then I’m sure they will give it to someone else.

If they want a want someone to stay on their man I’m sure KMac will get first crack at it.

On average over the course of the game he’s our fastest player. Maybe we should be using him more.

I am not flustered by his possession count, if he's still managing to impact the game. He's always been mid to high teens across his career, and I don't expect massive numbers from him PROVIDED he'd able to stop his opponent and fill the holes (guard space) that actually negatively impacts our oppo.

He's just not doing that.

I'm also not saying a kid is going to come in and dominate the position, but given the transition we are in, we already know Kmac's limitations, why don't we give kids the chance to grow and develop and become better than Kmac??? they might not do it week 1, hell they might not even do it until next season, but at least we are giving them the chance, as form this whole season has shown us, Kmac certainly isn't going to do it for us either, so why keep persisting.

If he was playing his role well, he would be one of our most important role players, but he's not. And it his best, I have clearly valued what he has brought to the role and the team.

But he hasn't always been an automatic selection. We conveniently forget he missed 2019 because he was dropped, credit to him for getting back for 2020, but he's in a position now where his contribution is far being outweighed by his opponents contribution.

If you're talking about leaving us exposed, how did Goulden go against us two weeks ago, and how did Gaff go against us last week, and they are last and 14th, imagine the damage against the good sides

I am not flustered by his possession count, if he's still managing to impact the game. He's always been mid to high teens across his career, and I don't expect massive numbers from him PROVIDED he'd able to stop his opponent and fill the holes (guard space) that actually negatively impacts our oppo.

He's just not doing that.

I'm also not saying a kid is going to come in and dominate the position, but given the transition we are in, we already know Kmac's limitations, why don't we give kids the chance to grow and develop and become better than Kmac??? they might not do it week 1, hell they might not even do it until next season, but at least we are giving them the chance, as form this whole season has shown us, Kmac certainly isn't going to do it for us either, so why keep persisting.

You want him to stop his opponent? That’s a coaching issue .
Gulden spent most of his time deep in their backline against us. The coach obviously didn’t want KMac to follow him down there.
KMac spent most of his time in our backline.
Basically they weren’t in cooee of each other .
A new wingman isn’t going to change that. A new coach might.

Get Bradtke in. He may not be ready yet, but we need another genuine forward. Someone that knows the craft and can create separation for Jack. No harm in giving him a shot
agree, we desperately need someone that can take a mark close to goal.

I need to start an over/under market for Autopsy posts asking for Macca to get dropped every week.

It's just funny now. Still one of our most important role players and anyone that could replace him (Brown, Banks, HRS) would get absolutely monstered and leave us exposed.
Imagine Kmac gets delisted who comes in.? If you need endurance. Broad might be an option. Pickett obviously or don't we have a zillion half back flankers to play back line. not as tall as Broad. Hugo is a fast runner so has some wing attributes.
Rioli is always up there in running stats too. Short return to the back line, d Rioli. wing
But I can't see any club wanting kmac so he will go around again for us next week, next year.
I know from the back handed compliment we got about our list being the worst one to win a flag.
I've stopped worrying about RFCs role players their selection is beyond my little brain.
Oh for the good old Bourke, barrot and Clay. Wood and Walsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to lose, would like to see it happen.
For Miller?

Yeah.. nah. Who rucks ?
Ryan IN would make as much sense.

We have got a game to lose . and a spot in the 8 to lose.

We are actually winning games of football. Focus on that first. Kick a bit straighter would help immensely.
Melbourne will be difficult and trying to win at Marvel is almost beyond us.

Last edited:
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would say this, but Mansell has to come in for Junior.
Mansell has really made that small forward his own and his performance in the VFL last week was superb.
And he has that bit of 'selfishness' about him that he backs himself to snap for goal.

Last edited:
Imagine Kmac gets delisted who comes in.? If you need endurance. Broad might be an option. Pickett obviously or don't we have a zillion half back flankers to play back line. not as tall as Broad. Hugo is a fast runner so has some wing attributes.
Rioli is always up there in running stats too. Short return to the back line, d Rioli. wing
But I can't see any club wanting kmac so he will go around again for us next week, next year.
I know from the back handed compliment we got about our list being the worst one to win a flag.
I've stopped worrying about RFCs role players their selection is beyond my little brain.
Oh for the good old Bourke, barrot and Clay. Wood and Walsh.
Kmac hit a clause for another year. He aint going anywhere.

At some stage youve got to give the youngsters a fair crack - I dont agree with you that he's an important player - apart from a handful of games this season, KMac has been putrid. Would love to see HRS and Clarke have a go at it. Look at Ross's improvement since he displaced Pickett on the other wing

Last edited:
I wish all of our out of form forwards could kick three goals each and I wouldn’t care if they were all Joe the Gooses.
Don't take this personally or even to heart, but If Chadwick Wingard is getting a game then your rebuild hasn’t commenced yet.:moustache:
Don't disagree about Wingard TBH. Most on our board want him gone. Offers leadership and decent ball use but isn't kicking goals or putting pressure on. It's a big issue for us how poor our small forwards are at locking it in. No doubt were trying to bump up his trade value by playing him over younger players with more upside.

Not a bad midfield tho, Newcombe is a good contested footy player getting better, Nash has improved, Worpel is just your typical get the ball forward type player and I think the best one of all of them is will day who is going to be elite imo.
Josh Ward, Connor McDonald and Cam McKenzie as well roll through there. All potentially very good midfielders in the coming years. Ward and McDonald are solid ATM. Just need another 20-30 games from the group together before the results will turn around for us I think

Back