Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 7 - Trump takes full responsibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet that was the only other option

No *******, there were other options - not vote at all (which is what I would have done), vote for the Green in Jill Stein,

You really can't think beyond the binary "DEMS BAD TRUMP GOOD" can you?

Indeed he is, will be interesting to see how he handles it.
Handling it well.

Instead of sitting back and enjoying he decides to announce he is nullifying the Affordable Care Act and intends to cut funding for Special Olympics.:eek:

There's the bit highlighted, yes, that's exactly it, and the fact that the Russians were doing no more than what the Yanks did to them. The hostility between Putin and Clinton was personal.

It has been very clearly established that the GRU ran an influence operation on the 2016 election.

I didn't mention Trump and his campaign in relation to that influence operation.

I posted earlier that the GRU clearly tried to entrap the campaign at a late stage, but it didn't get far.

But entirely separate from that the Russians were running quite a sophisticated psyops/disinfo campaign through the election.
Do you think the GOP strategists and media people knew what was going on and were happy about it?

No *******, there were other options - not vote at all (which is what I would have done), vote for the Green in Jill Stein,
Lol
You lost your s**t again
In reality only Trump and Clinton were the choices for President
As for Stein you may as well put Goofy as a write in candidate

Do you think the GOP strategists and media people knew what was going on and were happy about it?

The GOP as a party organisation hated Trump and didn't know how to handle his candidacy then primary victory. They didn't know much about his campaign.

We know Bannon though the meeting with the lawyer was "treasonous", though one presumes that had as much to do with his ongoing internal fights.

But no, I don't think the GOP organisation knew - and there wasn't much to know per se.

Lol
You lost your s**t again
In reality only Trump and Clinton were the choices for President
As for Stein you may as well put Goofy as a write in candidate

There you go, another option - wrote in candidate.

In reality, there were many choices, including the one that way more people than actually voted for Trump took - not vote at all.

Um democrats can still blame the russians because its been confirmed the russians were infiuencing the election in favour of Trump. So the dog ate my homework argument still applies. The mueller investigation was not about whether the russians infouenced the election (this is fact) it was about whether Trumps campaign deliberately helped them do it. And all we know in that regard is there is no proof they did and no proof they didnt. It doesnt matter how many years of investigation there is. To get proof of a secret meeting where collusion took place you basically need to trick someone in that meeting to admit it or have a audio recording. Time does not automatically give you that.

That has not been true at all, I recently read a report regarding Russian Facebook influence in the election and it was found that they had roughly equal engagement with pro-left/democrat and pro-right/republican propoganda and dank memes.

The Russian's intention was to sew domestic dissent between groups - not to elect Trump. And of course the Mainstream Media has taken the Russian vision further than they could surely have immagined by harassing the president and promoting division within the country.

Last edited:

You really have to understand some posters a little bit better and explain slowly to them that one can be against a habitual liar, an adulterer, a corrupt human being, one that has been accused of sexual assault numerous times, without being for another person.
It is just the values that you believe in and are not prepared to compromise.

The GOP as a party organisation hated Trump and didn't know how to handle his candidacy then primary victory. They didn't know much about his campaign.

We know Bannon though the meeting with the lawyer was "treasonous", though one presumes that had as much to do with his ongoing internal fights.

But no, I don't think the GOP organisation knew - and there wasn't much to know per se.
Not even through Cambridge Analytica?

There was nothing extraordinary in a single revelation. Had the Trump administration simply conceded every meeting every discussion and bare facedly said so what? None of this crap would have got off the ground. And the heat would have been solely on intelligence agencies and Obama’s team.

As it is Trumps team was inexperienced enough to stupidly deny s**t they didn’t need to deny - and it’s this tract which gave the story any credibility whatsoever.

Tend to agree. Have always said Team Trump's response was the most suspicious thing about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has not been true at all, I recently read a report regarding Russian Facebook influence in the election and it was found that they had roughly equal engagement with pro-left/democrat and pro-right/republican propoganda and dank memes.

The Russian's intention was to sow domestic dissent between groups - not to elect Trump. And of course the Mainstream Media has taken the Russian vision further than they could surely have immagined by harassing the president and promoting division within the country.
Yes they tried to turn the left off clinton so they wouldnt show up at the polls which is the same as supporting trump. And it worked. We even had lefties voting for Trump such was their no found hatred for Clinton.

Not voting at all is what gave us trump. Sounds like you would of been complicit if you were a US citizen.

The Russian's intention was to sow domestic dissent between groups - not to elect Trump. And of course the Mainstream Media has taken the Russian vision further than they could surely have immagined by harassing the president and promoting division within the country.

Interesting theory but I would suggest it could also be argued that Trump being elected creates a greater, prolonged social divide amongst America as it could last up to 8 years. Being disruptive to the point of aiding Trump into the oval office provides a bitter divide as per the current environment. Russia is giggling on how successful their disruption has been.

There's the bit highlighted, yes, that's exactly it, and the fact that the Russians were doing no more than what the Yanks did to them. The hostility between Putin and Clinton was personal.

It has been very clearly established that the GRU ran an influence operation on the 2016 election.

I didn't mention Trump and his campaign in relation to that influence operation.

I posted earlier that the GRU clearly tried to entrap the campaign at a late stage, but it didn't get far.

But entirely separate from that the Russians were running quite a sophisticated psyops/disinfo campaign through the election.

To me that kind of conjecture has less credibility than half the stuff on the conspiracy boards.

Every country in the world would is pro-actively trying to influence their relationship with a power like the USA 24/7. Mysterious "psyops" allegations sound like a bad episode of Get Smart.

There is nothing unique going on in 2016, except that the losing party has not been able to accept her loss and like a spoilt baby blamed her failure on the first nonsense she could conjure.

To me that kind of conjecture has less credibility than half the stuff on the conspiracy boards.

Every country in the world would is pro-actively trying to influence their relationship with a power like the USA 24/7. Mysterious "psyops" allegations sound like a bad episode of Get Smart.

There is nothing unique going on in 2016, except that the losing party has not been able to accept her loss and like a spoilt baby blamed her failure on the first nonsense she could conjure.

Terminology aside, the russians were running a disinfo/influence campaign, that's not up for debate. Thats the thing though, I don't think most of the US population realised that "every country in the world would is trying to influence".

Hillary sooked it up instead of just going away like she should have, but pretty disengenuous to lay the entirety of the Russian narrative at her door considering the FBI was already investigating people on Trump's campaign team re: Russian links, and that hacks occured before the election. I'd say the unique aspect is that it was the first time the general populace was made aware that other countries run the same s**t against the US as they've dished out previously.

You're so blinded by partisanship you can't actually think straight.

You can only see this through the NO COLLUSION WITCH HUNT v PUTIN'S BITCH! lens.

You don't understand that the most likely situation, the one backed by the evidence,is that there was no collusion in an active, planned ongoing sense (or any sense really) yet at the same time there was a very comprehensive Russian influence operation going beyond, or setting a new standard for, what the US and Russia do to other, and other countries.

F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote that the mark of a first rate intelligence is to be able to hold two seemingly contradictory ideas in your head at the same time and understand that both can be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back