UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm, no.

We are not a better side without Kane. And if we sell Kane then we still have to replace him.

A small sample of results whilst Kane was injured proves nothing. Take 30 goals a season (based on a full 38 games) away from any team and it is almost impossible to fill that void.
Spot on. Couldn't name a bloke to replace him we could actually afford. And then no guarantee he would live up to the price tag anyway.

Would be the worst possible time for us to sell anyone this year, particularly given we may yet miss out on top 4.

Give them all 2 year extensions and a pay bump.

They've all been "trauma" induced though. It's not like he is rolling his ankle every other week and missing football because of niggles. Phil Jones got him good earlier in the season and should have been red-carded for it. Delph's was a pure accident but it still forced the ankle into an unnatural position and would have injured most players. Kane heals pretty quickly so I think your concern longer-term might be a little premature.
I’m not sure mate, I think all the injuries on it have taken its toll. Still think he has a big future and hopefully with us but there’s no way you can rely on him now not missing chunks of the season. We need to bring in a top striker - obviously we won’t get one on Kane’s level but one certainly above Llorente and Janssen. I think that should be our priority next window

Spot on. Couldn't name a bloke to replace him we could actually afford. And then no guarantee he would live up to the price tag anyway.

Would be the worst possible time for us to sell anyone this year, particularly given we may yet miss out on top 4.

Give them all 2 year extensions and a pay bump.

Yep, it absolutely astounds me when people state that we are "better" without Kane based on half a dozen games he missed earlier this season. We simply adapt to a more counter attacking style when he is unavailable and we are lucky to have somebody like Son who can pull it off.

Kane is in the top 5-8 players in the world FFS.

I’m not sure mate, I think all the injuries on it have taken its toll. Still think he has a big future and hopefully with us but there’s no way you can rely on him now not missing chunks of the season. We need to bring in a top striker - obviously we won’t get one on Kane’s level but one certainly above Llorente and Janssen. I think that should be our priority next window

Problem is, we aren't going to get a top striker because whoever comes in is not going to be good enough to challenge Kane for a starting spot. And even if a top, top striker was happy to do that, Daniel Levy is not going to stump up a 50M+ transfer fee and another 8-10M a season in wages for a guy to sit on the bench.

When you have arguably the best striker in the world in your team, it is almost impossible to attract a world-class backup. Look at City, they have Jesus as their second striker and anybody that says he is world-class is on crack. And someone of his ilk would cost more than Levy will pay.

Yep, it absolutely astounds me when people state that we are "better" without Kane based on half a dozen games he missed earlier this season. We simply adapt to a more counter attacking style when he is unavailable and we are lucky to have somebody like Son who can pull it off.

Kane is in the top 5-8 players in the world FFS.
I think it’s more that he’s not been quite right since he came back - in fact he’s not been at his best since the injury at Chelsea in 17/18.

What he needs now is to take a break from football until August sand get that ankle properly rested and strengthened. Hopefully England don’t call him up for that tournament in the summer. The bloke needs a break cos these big injuries are too frequent

I think it’s more that he’s not been quite right since he came back - in fact he’s not been at his best since the injury at Chelsea in 17/18.

What he needs now is to take a break from football until August sand get that ankle properly rested and strengthened. Hopefully England don’t call him up for that tournament in the summer. The bloke needs a break cos these big injuries are too frequent

And I think you have nailed it on the head. The injuries don't overly bother me for the reasons stated above but there would be very few players who have played the number of minutes he has over the past 12 months. Pochettino will have read the situation and I expect that our squad will be given a rather longer holiday in the off-season than in previous years.

Kane will be fine. He looked really sharp today before he went off.

I find Son to be Mata levels of likeable. I want to hate him, but I just can’t. One of football’s good guys where you’re happy to see them do well.
Anyone who dislikes him has no Seoul.

Pretty comfortable win in the end, and a big step towards the semis.

Keita & Henderson our best I thought. Firmino also influential, great movement for his goal.

His ankle has gone I’m pretty convinced of it. That’s about four times in the last two seasons it’s buckled. The time to cash in on him might have passed, cos I’m pretty sure any medical will identify it as severely weakened
3 left ankle & 2 on his right. Might have it the wrong way around. But basically he did 3 on the same ankle in a row to start with and now 2 in a row on the other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not have asked more from the squad with tonight's performance.

Poch the way he set us up to play that first half was perfrect. Trippier not getting ahead of himself and despite Sterling being dangerous he at least didn't make his own problems. Lloris after the blunder come up big again in a big game like did in the NLD. And obviously Sonny with that goal!

On the booing of Walker & Delph. I'm all for it but at the same time I don't hold it against Walker for the way he left us or do I think Delph meant to get Kane with his studs. But it's part of the patriotic aspect of the game to try and get into the oppositions head and put them off their game and I think it worked. Now admittedly Walker doesn't always need to be put off to do some stupid things but he made some amateur errors at times tonight and then Delph was the first major party at fault for Son's goal switching off and not playing the refs call

VAR should have picked it up and given a red. Dont think an on field ref sees that more often than not. He surely doesn't escape a retrospective ban?
Well, I would have thought that with VAR a thing, the retrospective ban would cease to exist. I just find it confusing that they didn't at least tell the ref to review it on the night. I guess it was judged that he saw it, but then if he did see it, why didn't he issue a card?

Well, I would have thought that with VAR a thing, the retrospective ban would cease to exist. I just find it confusing that they didn't at least tell the ref to review it on the night. I guess it was judged that he saw it, but then if he did see it, why didn't he issue a card?
Like Poch said after the game many things need to be ironed out this summer. The VAR knew the foul was seen so wasn't really called upon for the incident. Plus I don't think they are looking into every single action that goes on otherwise the game would take an extra hour. I really don't like VAR and the way it's used because it creates just as many problems as it clears us. Why Rose's handball gets reviewed and called but one to block a shot outside the box wouldn't is crazy.

And dont get me started on the handball rule...

Back