Preview Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th April, 3:20PM AEST *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 57 69.5%
  • Hawks

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so numb these days that i feel nothing but contempt for our decision making!
Staggering really! All credibility once again has been thrown out the window when it comes to team selection under the freckles watch!

I just shake my head and sink another whiskey to toast our absolutely clueless fraud disguised as a coach! As we waste yet another season
With " Mr Good bloke Cho " at the helm! If ever there was a furphy within the footy industry about a bloke it's the image everyone has of
The great developer and all round nice guy Richo! The saddest part is the dumbarse has played the club on a break! Truly devious and cowardly he is!
Only at StKilda!! :disappointed:

I'm so numb these days that i feel nothing but contempt for our decision making!
Staggering really! All credibility once again has been thrown out the window when it comes to team selection under the freckles watch!

I just shake my head and sink another whiskey to toast our absolutely clueless fraud disguised as a coach! As we waste yet another season
With " Mr Good bloke Cho " at the helm! If ever there was a furphy within the footy industry about a bloke it's the image everyone has of
The great developer and all round nice guy Richo! The saddest part is the dumbarse has played the club on a break! Truly devious and cowardly he is!
Only at StKilda!! :disappointed:
What changes would you have liked to see Malaka?

Omeara on Sinclair? yikes!

Ok so steven out is bad for us.
They look top heavy to me.
We should be able to run them into the ground like the dogs did IF they dont get their chip game going.

McKenzie on Puopolo
Wilkie in Gunston

Dunstan out for Long says we playing for speed. at etihad seems the right way to go. got a good feeling about this one. Would be confident if steven was playing. :(

weve been ok this year. lets build on it

Lonie/Gresh/Long/Parker have to give the stiff truck like players of hardwick, Morrison stratton absolute hell. They really should be able to smash them with agility/speed and smarts.
Where did you see that Sinclair will be playing on O'Meara?

What changes would you have liked to see Malaka?
Richo out.....My jock strap in! For a start that would be an improvement on our direction and vision!....Not to mention smell!

Funniest thing i have heard is Sinclair in the guts! lol....We really do deserve what we get if that eventuates!
Wouldn't know a hard ball if it bit him on his preferred kicking leg which he seems to be preserving for some mystical reason!

For what it's worth i would have gone Hard nut Sincs and that other Kent Out!
Long and Hind In!

Happy with Long for Dunstan. Hopefully Longy takes his opportunity this weekend.

Managed to get down to training today, will post a bit about soon.
Interested to hear thoughts on how Coffield is going.

Kent lucky to play this week imo.

While I'm sceptical of the in vs the out I'm stoked that long is back in.

Something I think we can all agree on is that the diversity through our midfield this year has been fantastic and something we were all crying out for last year.

If our coaching group are confident that Acres/Sinclair/Clark can fill the void left by Dunstan then I'm okay with it.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've gone in pretty small which seems puzzling given the Big Boy / Cegs combo. I would play Battle as second ruck in our back 50; he is undersized but has some serious campaigner about him. Bruce as backup in the F50 I guess but I really wish he had another option.

Dunstan battles his heart out and cracks in hard, but we simply cant carry a player who spend 50-60% TOG and gets slaughtered on the spread. He had a horrible match up last week in Walters, which was more the coaches fault than his own. Having said that we need to and have done for years, to look for and develop (trust) alternate players in our inside mid role. Acres is the obvious choice but if its Sinclair/Long/Paton or Lonie I dont care as long as Richo is taking a chance and trusting other players to do the role!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a midfield leader? Serious question. Who stands up when we are physically challenged
Sadly the nearest one I think is Marshall.
Hopefully Steele takes that role

We all see it different I thought Dunstan was lucky to get a trip to Perth as pure mid 18 - 20 with an efficiency of around 50% and his opponent killing him on the spread
That’s true but I thought he was ok against Fremantle.

I like long but he was dropped for a reason didn’t stand out at sandy yet somehow got a recall. Primarily I’m not keen on dropping a mid for another small forward. It will be interesting to see how we line up this week and who gets midfield minutes.

I can’t stand the hawks their like ****** stalkers, we need an avo to send them back north of the Yarra.

Yep hopefully but he hasn't shown that yet. He's a bull in the tackling stakes and last year we saw what he can do when fired up (against Carlton when Cripps got under his nose). Needs to get on the angry/arrogant pills.
Didn't he knock someone on their ass against the druggies

Not a fan of the changes.
We have taken out a strong, inside mid which we don't have enough of and replaced him with another small forward.
Lonie, Kent, Sinclair (who has been played in the fwd line), Parker, Long.
Thats just way too many of the same type of player.

Training was good again today.

Max King getting much more involved, I'd say before mid-year he'll have played VFL.

Pretty disappointing in the club to not select Stuv again this weekend, especially after Richo was banging on about him being selected last Friday before the Freo game (He said that Stuv would miss v Freo but straight back in the week after). Stuvvy trained fully today.

Hanners is training. Modified program. The club has tried to get him going at full pelt but his body has broken down twice before, so they are getting him back to a reasonable level again and slowly increasing his workload so he can sustain it for the rest of the year. Still a while away. I was told he won't play until the second half of the year. Pretty poor choice of words by Richo to say they are rebuilding him. To put it simply, Hanners is probably at around 75% at the moment. They want him obviously at 100% so slowly building him towards that.

There was a bit of match-sim stuff as usual. A lot of work done on entry. Only probably saw 1 or 2 bombs into F50 from the 30 minutes they did it.

No real concerns to report. Coffield looked good but I think the reason now that he is missing from the seniors is he needs to just understand the way we want to play a bit better. There were a few times he didn't take the right option and the coaches called him out on it. He'll learn though no issues there.

Longer trained, looked good! But I think Marshall has probably gone past him to be honest. If Ro continues his good form I can't see how Longer breaks into the side.

Long, Parker, Lonie looked good in the forward drills. They all hunt the ball carrier so incredibly well - exciting to watch.

I think that's it. Plenty of confidence about the group. They reviewed the game earlier in the week and it pretty much came down to missed shots. All indicators pointed to a win, so whilst it's tough to lose, it looks as though they've focused on what went well and I reckon we will have a good showing on Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back