Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
What a pick up, going to be more than handy for us
Really good recruiting to pickup these type of solid reliable mids with later picks. Should be a blueprint going forward on building a good midfield.

You inject a few kids like Ross into a midfield alongside Dusty Cotch Sheds etc... and you have genuine midfield depth that wins you premierships

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
Was super impressive! Not just for the amount of possessions he got but more what he did with ball in hand. In was excellent at handballing and kicking to players in space. He seemed to have that sort of poise/time that only the elite players have. The amazing thing is is that he has such an upside. He already has the size but when he gains the confidence and continues to improve his fitness, he could be anything.

Regardless, he will give us quality depth through the middle this year

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just looking at the stats he seemed to do not much after half time after a great first half. Did he just fade from fitness?
Haven’t seen any quarter by quarter breakdown but he had a quiet 3rd quarter but then got a bit more of it again in the last.

2nd quarter was an absolute cracker- 10 touches and numerous centre clearances

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
man child with a low ceiling but just what we need

should win rising star this week
To be fair, Vlastuin was drafted as a man child and was thought to have had a low ceiling.

I know he won’t ever be a Brownlow medal winner but barring injury Vlastuin will go on and play 250 games, don’t ever be deterred if you’re concerned on a players celing.

parmy2balmey

stay moderated
Sep 15, 2016
under the bain marie
AFL Club
Richmond
To be fair, Vlastuin was drafted as a man child and was thought to have had a low ceiling.

I know he won’t ever be a Brownlow medal winner but barring injury Vlastuin will go on and play 250 games, don’t ever be deterred if you’re concerned on a players celing.

low ceiling doesn’t mean not good, just means what you see now is close to what you get

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Won Oakleigh Chargers best and fairest playing only 12 games after he was sidelined with injuries . Was overlooked in the Vic metro squad after he captained them in the U16.
We got a top ten pick for peanuts everyone.
This guy was huge today and has eased my midfield concerns .

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Won Oakleigh Chargers best and fairest playing only 12 games after he was sidelined with injuries . Was overlooked in th Vic metro squad after he captained them in U16.
We got a top ten pick for peanuts everyone l. This guy was huge today and has eased my midfield concerns .

You are correct here mate , He certainly does look like a beauty and a Beast
Combined with Stack as a rookie and RCD / Turner yet to come im getting excited

Mate of mine was at the Rich vfl game today and texted me saying who is this kid wearing Jake Kings number, I told him he was Fraser Turner and the youngest player drafted last year and just turned 18

My Mate : This kids got it , He can play

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
You are correct here mate , He certainly does look like a beauty and a Beast
Combined with Stack as a rookie and RCD / Turner yet to come im getting excited

Mate of mine was at the Rich vfl game today and texted me saying who is this kid wearing Jake Kings number, I told him he was Fraser Turner and the youngest player drafted last year and just turned 18

My Mate : This kids got it , He can play
That’s great to hear and I’m dying to get to a game this year to see the boys at VFL. Family commitments has starved me from live games this year.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Gun, won’t be dropped again unless it’s for a rest. Belongs. From bad situations opportunities open up, we’ve now discovered 2 new best 22 players in Ross and Stack. Add Lynch and we have 3 new players genuinely improving us as an outfit - that’s what wins you premierships. Bolton, Balts and later on in the year RCD, may just be another 3. Exciting times

Last edited:
Back