Prediction Changes v GCs

What hilarious changes will we make this week?

• Out: RO'B, In: Jacobs

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Out: CE-Y

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Out: Jenkins

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Out: Kelly

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Out: Murphy

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • In: Stengle

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • In: Himmelberg

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • In: The FOG

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Out: Mackay

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • In: Gibbs

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • In: Wilson

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • In: Greenwood

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My defence for suggesting that Himmelberg replace Jenkins is
1) I was in Melbourne and didn’t see Himmelberg play in the Twos and 9 marks sounded just what we need.
2) I was in Melbourne and believe it or not Jenkins looked even worse when watching the game live.

Other than the return of THE MIGHTY THOR my other five changes are unlikely to have a major impact other than reducing my pre-game frustration.
Jacobs for ROB, Stengle for Murphy, Himmelberg for Jenkins, Sholl for Kelly, etc.

Our problem isn’t the quality of our players, it is the poor form of most of our top twelve players.

The DON made a number of structural changes last week which were called for by Bigfooty but no one seemed to notice.
1) Chayce was playing on the wing prior to clumsily head butting the ground according to Brad Scott
2) CEY played as a defensive midfielder
3) Sloaney spent quite a bit of time as a deep forward
4) Laird spent less time deep in defence (unfortunately that meant Kelly and Hartigan spent more time deep)
5) We rotated more players through the centre square (Poholke, CEY, Milera)
6) Milera played on ball in the second half.

Unfortunately we are playing like a team with no confidence. Talia, Smith, Milera, Laird, Mrouch, Tex, JJ, Lynch, Gibbs and Eddie have all been well below their best. We want to see more from Hartigan, Kelly, Mackay, Atkins, ROB, Knight, Chayce, Murphy, CEY and Poholke but none of these players are likely to rip a game apart. The only players anywhere near their best are Brouch, Sloane and Keath.

I have no idea what we will serve up this week regardless of who we select. Fortunately I will be in Northern China, hopefully without access to the internet, for the next two weeks :rolleyes:.

I wonder how Hartigan would go playing forward... hahaha.. I reckon he would be a lot safer in the forward line than in defense.. although he would prob still kick it across goals and turn the ball over...

need to drop more senior players in either tex harto lynch betts JJ and play more unknowns to see what the list has or hasn't got

forget about wins and losses that's irrelevant
You give up easily.

There is not correlation between playing younger guys & losing if you still have experienced players around.

1) I was in Melbourne and didn’t see Himmelberg play in the Twos and 9 marks sounded just what we need.
2) I was in Melbourne and believe it or not Jenkins looked even worse when watching the game live.

Other than the return of THE MIGHTY THOR my other five changes are unlikely to have a major impact other than reducing my pre-game frustration.
Jacobs for ROB, Stengle for Murphy, Himmelberg for Jenkins, Sholl for Kelly, etc.

Our problem isn’t the quality of our players, it is the poor form of most of our top twelve players.

The DON made a number of structural changes last week which were called for by Bigfooty but no one seemed to notice.
1) Chayce was playing on the wing prior to clumsily head butting the ground according to Brad Scott
4) Laird spent less time deep in defence (unfortunately that meant Kelly and Hartigan spent more time deep)

Unfortunately we are playing like a team with no confidence. Talia, Smith, Milera, Laird, Mrouch, Tex, JJ, Lynch, Gibbs and Eddie have all been well below their best. We want to see more from Hartigan, Kelly, Mackay, Atkins, ROB, Knight, Chayce, Murphy, CEY and Poholke but none of these players are likely to rip a game apart. The only players anywhere near their best are Brouch, Sloane and Keath.

I have no idea what we will serve up this week regardless of who we select. Fortunately I will be in Northern China, hopefully without access to the internet, for the next two weeks :rolleyes:.
Good internet in Vietnam, but not sure I really need to watch...

Just on Himmieberg Marks, he received silver service, something our AFL forward did not get. But when the ball hit the ground he did not look good, his defensive work was not great, his of the ball work needed improvement, He would not be an Improvement on JJ,
Crows SANFL should have won that game by a Lot more with the clean ball the forwards were getting.

On TV it Looked like Pohokle and Brad seem to rotate thru the forward line was this the case.
And Number 4) Hartigan and Kelly to me that is our biggest concern more so than JJ missing goals, One or Both need to go back to the SANFL.
Do this and we find a better blend between a fast vs slow game we have been spewing out the last couple of weeks. ie One week to fast next dead slow.
Re JJ only changes I would look at is Jacobs in For JJ with Rob/Jacobs splitting the load and playing in the Forward Line.

I think it’s time for a change to structure.

In: greenwood gallucci stengle gibbs
Out: poholke, kelly, CEY, Jenkins

Switch Murphy down back and play stengle as a genuine small forward. ROB can ruck all day and Hartigan can fill in if needed. I actually like Jenkins but he’s giving us nothing at the moment.

Only wish Fogarty could replace him, but he’s been playing terribly at FB in the SANFL

Fogarty has not been that bad, he improved every week and learning how to apply pressure, this stint in defence will make him a better all rounded player, a more modern day forward capable of defending, And I probably get smashed for saying this His off the ball work has improved greatly,
A couple of more games and I would say he will start to dominate games remember he still only a 19-year-old Kid.

In: Greenwood, Gallucci, Gibbs, Sauce, Otten
Out: Jenkins, Murphy, Poholke, Hartigan, Jones (Inj.)

Possible In: Fog if cleared to play
Out: Atkins? I'm not really too sure on this one, maybe Fog gets another week in the 2's

Verdict: Jacobs comes into the side for O'Brien, while there will be four unforced changes – Greenwood for Ellis-Yolmen, Gallucci for Jones, Himmelberg to play his second career game in place of the out-of-form Jenkins, and the reliable Otten to replace Hartigan. - Lee Gaskin

Per Lee Gaskin on AFL.com.au. Would not be adverse to that but absolutely cannot see us making 4 unforced changes. We're far too stubborn.

My revised Side from Page 7 They say you Don't have to make Wholesale Changes. The Outgoing Players Have Done JACK S@#T from Day 1
Polhoke and CEY are Stiff. But didn't show anything. The club has to make a Statement!!! Average is not Good Enough
......IN..................................OUT.....
Greenwood For CEY
Scholl For Kelly
Wilson For Jones
Jacobs For Jenkins
Stengle For Murphy
Fogarty (pending)For Polhoke
Gibbs For Knights

Stengle........Fogarty/Gibbs..........Walker
Betts............Lynch.........Wilson
Atkins..........MCrouch......Milera
Scholl...........Hartigan.......Laird
Smith...........Tallia...........Keath

Jacobs, Crouch, Sloane

Obrien, Mackay, Greenwood, Knights/Gibbs

Just on Himmieberg Marks, he received silver service, something our AFL forward did not get. But when the ball hit the ground he did not look good, his defensive work was not great, his of the ball work needed improvement, He would not be an Improvement on JJ,
Crows SANFL should have won that game by a Lot more with the clean ball the forwards were getting.
I just watched R3 SANFL on the app
Himmelburg hasn’t quite hit form yet
However he is a target and competed well in the air
He even chased opponents
Scrapped below his knees
Big surprise - he laid a few tackles

I just watched R3 SANFL on the app
Himmelburg hasn’t quite hit form yet
However he is a target and competed well in the air
He even chased opponents
Scrapped below his knees
Big surprise - he laid a few tackles
Yes but his work of the ball was not good enough, at this time he not an improvement on JJ
When you watched did you notice how good the ball into the forward line was, If JJ had had to play that game he may have kicked 8 goals but most likely 4.4 they were spoon fed,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent news

What's the bet he stays on the injury list until ROB either gets injured himself or plays an absolute stinker?

There's no way he plays SANFL.

In: Greenwood, Gallucci, Gibbs, Sauce, Otten
Out: Jenkins, Murphy, Poholke, Hartigan, Jones (Inj.)

Possible In: Fog if cleared to play
Out: Atkins? I'm not really too sure on this one, maybe Fog gets another week in the 2's

Okay no Sauce then. Himmelberg or Fog then depending on tonight’s tribunal to replace Jenko.

so NOW we're doing what is best for jacobs? where was this 2-3 years ago, when he desperately needed to get his body right, and we worked him into the ground?

i dont recall a player we've managed worse than this poor bastard

Excellent news

To me that 2-weeks min he now needs to come back thru the SANFL. but ???
And it ensures JJ will Play against GC.
Reasoning
ROB still raw and Learning we need a supporting Ruck with some experience,
Otten could maybe replace JJ, but he needs to replace Hartigan it the ball out of defence we are struggling with.

On TV it Looked like Pohokle and Brad seem to rotate thru the forward line was this the case.
Re JJ only changes I would look at is Jacobs in For JJ with Rob/Jacobs splitting the load and playing in the Forward Line.

Poholke played a mixture of forward and mid, so did Sloane. Brad had a few short stints forward.

I previously thought that replacing Jenkins with ROB (the worst set shot in the AFL) was crazy talk. After last Saturday night I concede defeat. Whilst ROB will only take the occasional mark, he does hit the pack hard and will usually bring the ball to ground. Watching Pittard mark with confidence in front of JJ without the slightest chance of bruising a fingernail was very demoralising. Watching the game from level three at Docklands you couldn’t help but admire how Tex busted his gut to get to a three on one and on most occasions brought the ball to ground. JJ not so much.

Sauce will ruck 80 - 85% of game time and ROB will be more effective than JJ for the remaining 15 - 20%. I wouldn’t play Sauce up forward, rarely marks and they will run off him. ROB will create more forward line pressure than JJ (so would my 12 week old kitten) and can do all the ruck work in the F50.

Not a perfect solution but probably the best option if Himmelberg is still a bit underdone.

P.S. Hmmm, my timing is almost as bad as our leading forwards.

Last edited:
But im reading opn here how useless those senior players are and have no input are you saying the board is so wrong

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, you haven't taken in any of my last 6 replies to you.

It's like I'm talking to a wall...

The refreshing thing about that article is the way Saunders explained the injury and the reason Sauce isn't ready yet. Didn't dumb it down or attempt to deflect the seriousness of the injury.

Liked it.
Reading that I think he may be out for a while. Possibly career ending. Sounds to me like a "wear n tear" injury.

Himmelberg for Jenkins would be a good change.

Surely they can see JJ is in poor form.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To me that 2-weeks min he now needs to come back thru the SANFL. but ???
And it ensures JJ will Play against GC.
Reasoning
ROB still raw and Learning we need a supporting Ruck with some experience,
Otten could maybe replace JJ, but he needs to replace Hartigan it the ball out of defence we are struggling with.
We could easily replace Hartigan with Otten & he can be 2nd ruck.

Back