Trades Round 5 Trades, A.K.A - 'This round is already over for me, so let's focus on rage trades now...thread'

Remove this Banner Ad

I just have no idea what to do with setters. Stuck in that awkward price where I don’t want to go back down to a rookie but don’t have enough cash to go premo

Thoughts on young from a dogs perspective?
Sorry I can't be much help there, I haven't seen Young in action but I'd hope that Suckling and Duryea aren't out for long. His VFL scores don't make him look like a must have.

I just have no idea what to do with setters. Stuck in that awkward price where I don’t want to go back down to a rookie but don’t have enough cash to go premo

Thoughts on young from a dogs perspective?

Im actually holding Setters possibly for the two weeks. For a couple of reasons.

1. His awkward price I don’t have huge cash to upgrade and then downgrading him to a player that has even less JS, to me makes no sense as it’s waste of a trade and will require even more money to upgrade eventually.

2. Cause I only have two rookies on field in the forward line, I’m just going to put Parker on field for two weeks and roll with it, as a lot of coaches will be forced to play him as well as a lot of teams running with 3 forward rookies.

3. Holding him will allow me either to put him straight back on field when he returns or gives me time to bank some cash to upgrade him when he gets back.

p24X3TW.jpg

Am I on the right track here? Boak feels wayyyy overpriced but there's not much else I like forward. Z williams stays with his low breakeven. Trade outs largely forced - cousins might be injured and isn't getting it on the scoreboard and BE now too high. Ross the best target down. Setterfield can't sit there not earning so goes up. Alternatively I trade for Baker and Rockliff.

The Constable thing is so awkward as well seeming it's a Monday game. Do we just field him with an emergency with the hope that he ends up playing? Wouldn't want another of my players to be a late out (Cousins) or I'll be pretty angry. Actually that may force my hand to trade Cousins rather than Williams.

FORWARD ROOKIE ALERT.....Looks like Stengle will be playing his 1st game for the Crows.....looked a player at the Tigs, just couldn't get a gig

The Constable thing is so awkward as well seeming it's a Monday game. Do we just field him with an emergency with the hope that he ends up playing? Wouldn't want another of my players to be a late out (Cousins) or I'll be pretty angry. Actually that may force my hand to trade Cousins rather than Williams.
Reckon the only worry is if you have Cousins as well, bit of a ? on him too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would trading Rozee and Sheed for Sheppard and C Daniel be dumb? It means I don't get on either O'Brien nor Ross, but I get 2 (hopefully) undervalued players? Could be going to early on Rozee, but I only brought him in last week for the break even as a cash grab.

B.Smith to Laird or do I need to focus on forward line...already have done Williams to Ross via DPP. Screenshot (30).png

Forgive me for my team being a bit scrambled in its ordering. Usually organise it nicely :p

Currently have a nice 365k to work with and have thought of a couple trade options for you guys to critic for me ;)

Am thinking of trading Setterfield out this week and using him as a downgrade option in two weeks time for someone like Rozee, at least I will know JS is there for him, and dont have a spot stagnated for cash gen. Think the way things are going I'll give Balta one more week, and hope he can somehow get an acceptable score to lower his BE, will save some cash to fix him next week. Is Lockhart worth holding? He seemed like his JS was nice and safe until his back injury, can any melbourne fans shed some light? Is it worth chasing O'brien for the cash gen for 4-6 weeks?

Current team is below; open to any other ideas or suggestions!

Leaning towards Shepperd over Newnes. just feel as though he is more likely to be top 6 for some reason

Option 1:
Setterfield to Ross via Lockhart/Rozee DPP
Clark/Lockhart to Shepperd
220k/94k left over

Option 2:
Clark/Lockhart to Ross
Setterfield to Newnes
244k/118k left over

Option 3:
Setterfield to Ross
Fort to O'Brien
642k left over

rd 4.jpg

I'm having 2nd thoughts on trading Hore in, thinking of going with Ross instead. This leaves me with 4 Richmond rookies though, which isn't ideal. Although I've basically written off Markov and Balta as luxury trades when I ever get the chance to sideways them, just need Stack and Ross to play the next month and I'll be happy.

Also, struggling to decide between Daniel, Newnes and Billings for my upgrade target from Setterfield :think:

Just so you know guys...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it's not a 'might' anymore. He won't be playing. So whatever rook you're trading in for Setters this week, make it a good one to cover Constable.

Still in shock about this, as the club said nothing about it

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2019-04-19/constable-likely-to-rest

"GEELONG is set to rest young midfielder Charlie Constable for the Easter Monday blockbuster against Hawthorn after an encouraging four-game stint at AFL level.

The more experienced Cameron Guthrie, who has recovered from a pre-season calf injury, is likely to return in place of Constable, according to Cats coach Chris Scott.

"That'll probably (be the case)," Scott said of the team changes.

"That's on the basis that Charlie will be managed this week. He's a young player we need to get through the season so that was a priority for us, even over and above players coming back into the team.

"It was either going to be last week or this week, and it's not a reflection of his performance because he's been going really well."

Just so you know guys...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it's not a 'might' anymore. He won't be playing. So whatever rook you're trading in for Setters this week, make it a good one to cover Constable.

Still in shock about this, as the club said nothing about it

I'm actually grateful that there is clarity there rather than it being announced after lockout. Good stuff Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back