Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Hind has 21 disposals for Sandy so far today and a goal. Best on by a mile in the first half. If he continues not getting a game I'd definitely go after him.

Nick Hind has 21 disposals for Sandy so far today and a goal. Best on by a mile in the first half. If he continues not getting a game I'd definitely go after him.

Would have thought Luke Dunstan who was almost his equal in possessions today (37 > 39) would be a much more attainable commodity to our list moving forward.

Would have thought Luke Dunstan who was almost his equal in possessions today (37 > 39) would be a much more attainable commodity to our list moving forward.
From what I saw Hind was far more damaging, and Dunstan is basically a not as good Parish. In six seasons he's averaged over 20 possessions twice.

I went to the game. Hind was so much better than Dunstan.

Flashier? Of course an outside runner will be. Dunstan for the price he'd likely cost would be a smart transaction imho
Hind played as the spare for most of the game. His kicking (he had a couple of night mare turn overs) was what broke the game apart at times. Dunstan on the other hand his skills were shocking. He almost needs the ruckman treatment of someone running off him for the hands. I've always like Dunstan. The truth is he looks a lot better than he actually is. I wouldn't give up anything in the top 50 for him. I'd be prepared to pay more for someone like Blake Acres.

All in all, I wouldn't touch Dunstan. He's no better than Myers who I do not rate at all.

Hind played as the spare for most of the game. His kicking (he had a couple of night mare turn overs) was what broke the game apart at times. Dunstan on the other hand his skills were shocking. He almost needs the ruckman treatment of someone running off him for the hands. I've always like Dunstan. The truth is he looks a lot better than he actually is. I wouldn't give up anything in the top 50 for him. I'd be prepared to pay more for someone like Blake Acres.

All in all, I wouldn't touch Dunstan. He's no better than Myers who I do not rate at all.
Dunstan is basically Ben Howlett with more hype.

Why would you go after either of them? Dunstan is too slow and we had a a very good look at Hind when he was running around n our 2s.

If available I would chase Jack Martin again, the only thing stopping him coming to Essendon last trade period was the Shiel deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you go after either of them? Dunstan is too slow and we had a a very good look at Hind when he was running around n our 2s.

If available I would chase Jack Martin again, the only thing stopping him coming to Essendon last trade period was the Shiel deal
Yeah and we were probably going to take him with our second pick before the Saints swooped in ahead of us.

Dunstan would be a pointless get, doesn’t offer anything we don’t already have. I’d like to think we’re at the stage where we’re looking at specific attributes rather than just who we can potentially pry loose.

The only thing the midfield mix doesn’t have (at AFL or VFL level) is a big, tough raging bull Fyfe type, so I wouldn’t be looking at other clubs unless they fit that mould.

The fact that Adelaide weren’t playing Greenwood perked my interest but it seems like he’s back in now.

I mentioned the next S last year. There is a handy one at the Pies not getting a game that could be relatively cheap.
Sier would be good and seems surplus to pies needs with the number of miss they have. He may find opportunity will come with some retirements, and i gear bucks is a fan. But not a bad target for us.
I’d love to target a ruck. Geelong have quite a number. Darcy and Jones seem to be out of favour at freo with lobb and sandi still preferences. Smith at Brisbane too.
TBC and Clarke are just covering us at the moment and relying solely on Draper to make the jump next year is not ideal

Sier would be good and seems surplus to pies needs with the number of miss they have. He may find opportunity will come with some retirements, and i gear bucks is a fan. But not a bad target for us.
I’d love to target a ruck. Geelong have quite a number. Darcy and Jones seem to be out of favour at freo with lobb and sandi still preferences. Smith at Brisbane too.
TBC and Clarke are just covering us at the moment and relying solely on Draper to make the jump next year is not ideal
Sean Darcy is rated very highly internally at freo.
Was also taken in the same year as Draper. Wouldnt make sense from a list management sense to spend trade capital on a developmental ruckman when we already have (a more mobile) one the same age.

Sier is a nice idea, but the way our midfield is functioning do we really need him over say using that 2nd round pick we would have to give for him to draft someone ourselves. Not mention the salary cap problem of having to offer him reasonably more money than collingwood will to leave a premiership contender. With 4 big recruits in two years would we have enough space?

Maybe he takes Myers' spot in the team.

Would trade a 2nd Rounder for Sier in a heartbeat, why would you risk potentially another Alex Morgan over somebody who can walk right into the team? Myers is 30 this year and Hepps is 27, time we had a look at inside midfielders.

Would trade a 2nd Rounder for Sier in a heartbeat, why would you risk potentially another Alex Morgan over somebody who can walk right into the team? Myers is 30 this year and Hepps is 27, time we had a look at inside midfielders.
Sier and Brodie would be good gets.
IF the AFL would let us trade a future 1st again, wouldn't be opposed to swapping the 2020 1st for Brodie and GCS' 2nd, using the 2nd to land Sier - should the clubs agree to such a deal.

Sean Darcy is rated very highly internally at freo.
Was also taken in the same year as Draper. Wouldnt make sense from a list management sense to spend trade capital on a developmental ruckman when we already have (a more mobile) one the same age.

Sier is a nice idea, but the way our midfield is functioning do we really need him over say using that 2nd round pick we would have to give for him to draft someone ourselves. Not mention the salary cap problem of having to offer him reasonably more money than collingwood will to leave a premiership contender. With 4 big recruits in two years would we have enough space?

Maybe he takes Myers' spot in the team.
I hear this - he's rated quite highly. As he should be, he's a monster kid who could/should be their #1. Yet he's continually dropped.
Anyways, point being - we need ruck depth. Clarke is a stop gap for the year. TBC is getting closer and closer to retirement. We have a lot of eggs in the Draper basket.

Sier and Brodie would be good gets.
IF the AFL would let us trade a future 1st again, wouldn't be opposed to swapping the 2020 1st for Brodie and GCS' 2nd, using the 2nd to land Sier - should the clubs agree to such a deal.
Wouldn't be a bad trade, not sure we'd be able to lure both. One or the other (probably Brodie) wouldn't be interested in coming here if they felt they'd need to fight their way into the team through the VFL and be in the same circumstance in which they're now.

Question over whether GCS would want to accept another first round pick for a departing young player, they might prefer somebody more established instead but I'm not sure what they need or who we could shunt out to appease them.

I mean I can see Clarke and Bellchambers having a couple of years of depth ruck after this year if Draper takes over at the end of the year, giving us a chance to take another young ruck in the RD.

And at the end of the year we'll have 3 category B list spots open, we can potentially get a Mason Cox through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back