Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 ANZAC Day no Essendon.

Keep Essendon, but those umpires can * right off. The worst officiated match I've seen in my four decades as a fan. The fans, and more importantly the players, had no ******* idea what was going on out there such was the ineptitude and confusion surrounding multiple calls.

As for the booing, Of course they weren't booing Pendlebury, but Buckley's podium speech was excellent. He stood by his man and refocused an angry crowd back to what the day is really about. The coaches did their bit, the players did their bit, but the umpires humped the dog and should all be in the VFL next week.

Umps seemed bad both ways.

Some terribly obvious free kicks missed.

Bad am sure Hocking will blame the fans, not the fact he's confused the umps so much and not trained them appropriately, that they are all interpreting the game differently and missing the obvious stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well and good to boo the umps off the ground. But the fact that there were loud sections who were happy to boo over the top of RSL reps on a day like today, speaks volumes for the type of people they are.
I think it shows whats at stake

Look, the Pendles and Brown free kicks were shocking and changed the game completely.

The Baguley one whiffed too. Poor day for the umps again.

I’d be looking at Shiel before I blamed the umps though. Some very costly moments late.

i think whats more stupid is how people think booing will be eradicated.

sport creates emotion. booing is part of it.

whoever wants to make this game or any sport just clap clap at the end after a close loss is *en stupid. borderline delirious. people will express themselves freely as long as it isnt racial or discriminatory. i genuinely believe the fans booed not at pendles but the situation as a whole.

bad timing but still booing is part of the sport. deal with it. foxtel soft utensil brigade.

What, we're not allowed to boo anymore? Is that how far its come? Bucks handled it aptly and thats as far as it deserves to go, no ""action"" needs to be taken.

I don't even want to defend Essendon in any way, but the umpiring was all over the joint, very poor. Players are so used to it they literally stop in the middle of the ground before the whistle is even blown.

Someone should clip that because it sums up where the game is at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back