Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously some of the people here saying booing is no big deal and to move on. They are the same people who complained for the past two years about West Coast home fans booing.

You know who you are. Inconsistent, contradictory campaigners.

Thats afl fans in a nutshell. Last week some collingwood fans saw nothing wrong with booing ablett. Now booing is wrong...

Get off your high horses. This isnt an Essendon fan thing, every set of club supporters would have done the same as a detestment of the umpiring and the circumstances. That is the mob mentality of footy supporters. If you think Pies fans (or many other clubs) would be any less feral in that situation you are wrong.

They were angry and frustrated and felt robbed.
Booed the umps off the ground yes.
Booing during the ANZAC Medal presentation I dont think so - unless of course the recipient had clobbered someone or something like that.

Seriously some of the people here saying booing is no big deal and to move on. They are the same people who complained for the past two years about West Coast home fans booing.
Never had an issue with any booing. I see it as us, ( the public or" plebs" in the afl/media's eyes) against them, and a "how dare we boo anyone involved in their magnificent organisation". Absolute dimwits.

I loved the booing . Showed how much they were hurting. Enjoy the weekend bomber suckers, maybe next time

Yeah, me too. The bomber pain was palpable and delicious. I also loved the way that the Pies fans upped their volume and drowned out the genetically challenged Essendon slugs, especially when the 'Collingwood' chant went up around the 'G'. Epic!

I actually like a bit of booing at the footy, or even outside it, I must admit that I laughed my head off when Nick Riewoldt was drowned out during his speech at the GF parade.

Is it classy? Nope, but did anyone expect class from Essendon? However, despite my personal stance, I'm happy to watch the media wring their hands about how appalling Essendon's behaviour was. It just adds insult to injury. :)

In truth booing is simply pure footy passion - and passion is what keeps the clubs alive. This ill-considered push to wipe it out will damage the game if it takes hold.

your username is 'ice-wolf', you have an anime avatar, 13K posts on a message board & attempted humor and failed.. wow all the best champ
Yes my achivemnets are just as meaningful as an ANZAC medal.

Oh and it's a comic book character avatar you flog.

Meh, at this point I'm not sure Essendon can get much lower, so it's hardly a blight on them.

Well said!

All classBuckley as usual, he speaks so well.

I’d just like to thank the fans that showed their true colours, wait til next time!

Well done Pendles, a true gentleman and champion of the game.

Remember last week derwayne said it was "pantomime" boos at the cattery and that was OK? Lol . Wonder how he distinguishes. When it's a team he barracks for its pantomime? If not a boo is harmful? I don't get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really adding to the conversation here but there were some absolute howlers today.
The Hooker one on Cox was the worst.
Grundy push in the back on Guelfi wasn't much better.
Feel for the umpires really.
They're clearly as confused as the rest of us.
What are the sodding rules AFL?!!?

Booed the umps off the ground yes.
Booing during the ANZAC Medal presentation I dont think so - unless of course the recipient had clobbered someone or something like that.
I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, however the angry mob mentality exists across all fans. Magpies would not be any different, nor Tiger fans in the same situation.

What the Essendon fans don't realise, is that they get a very good run from the umpires most weeks. Just one of those teams that gets a lot of the 50-50 calls and soft decisions in their favour, and are only penalised when it's an obvious infringement.

So on a rare day like today when some decisions don't go their way, it's unfathomable to them. Now they are collectively having a "does not compute" meltdown.
s4f1k.jpg

Gifted

Hope you enjoyed it sure you have most years

Like every year a outstanding event
Another full house
35000 less if your mobs playing

Win a few more games or another flag
Poor Seekz look like they're going to have a lot of competition in that Flog Medal.

Might have to restrict it to just Collingwood fans.

Is this the same Essendon fan base that was disgusted that a crowd would consider booing Hird when he presented the Norm Smith?

The sooking when Watson was booed after admitting being injected during the drug cheating program that later saw Watson banned.

Yes my achivemnets are just as meaninful as an ANZAC medal.

Oh and it's a comic book character avatar you flog.
How does your mind come up with something so screamingly original and creative as flog? You have me genuinely intimated, clearly you are not a bloke to damn around with ! pls accept my apologies, give one of the biggest games of the year to st kilda and gold coast, give the people what they want

actually nah damn footy, put ice wolfs competitive minecraft gaming team on instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back