Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon were gifted two goals from terrible decisions in a game where 10 goals were scored each. They kicked two goals in the last quarter, one from a terrible decision that should have gone the other way and one following a blatant throw from MTW. They got an goal from an absurd in the back in the second. What were they whinging about a couple of borderline holding the ball decisions that would have had no impact on the game

Give Essnedon all the half back flank holding the balls they think they were deprived of but take back the two howler goals they were gifted and we win by 15 points

Essendon has the most horrendous hard done by supporter base in the comp by a distance. Booing Pendlebury collecting the Anzac...what a disgrace

We'll take the 4 points and move on

It's nice how Collingwood and the umpires scratch each others back.

Umpires carry Collingwood over the line.
Fans boo umpires.
Collingwood claim it's all about Pendlebury in order to provide the umpires with coverage and avoid the scrutiny they deserve.

Come off it Telsor - poor comment.
Pies led all day - bombers got two freebie goals from the umps.
Yes we nearly blew it and had our chances to ice the game, but Dylan Shiels mistakes in the last few minutes were equally telling.
Boo the umpires - not the player receiving an award - piss poor from the Bombers supporters on this occasion.

The game was close - we can't play the Tigers every week;)

Yeah because the players actually just fought in a war and got a medal for it. Seriously, get over it, it's a football game. And PS wasn't it just West Coast supporters that boo? Look forward to the analysis in the Age and associated media over the coming months...

That's why I said I prefer disassociating the game from ANZAC day. It's simply gratuitous promotion.

can we just acknowledge baguley's well deserved bloody ripper of a goal 15 meters out directly in front? The infringement was so bad I dont understand how it wasn't 50 meters resulting in a 2nd kick on goal straight after the first

So you agree it was inappropriate for the Bombers fans to boo.
Thats all the thread is saying - if Pies supporters or Tigers supporters had done the same thing I would be disgusted and I certainly not supporting it or making excuses for it.
What I'm saying is there seems to be a lot of people happy to throw stones very quickly, and I think the booing was poor timing rather than malicious towards Pendles himself, it was misplaced aimed at the umpiring circumstances imo.

I'm just not a fan of hanging the Bombers out to dry as some disgusting set of fans when they are the same general population of Australian footy fans that represent most of the large passionate fan bases. I think many would act the same, therefore I'm choosing not to sink the boots in.

I'm going to boo the Essendon fans booing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

How disgraceful. Pretty evident that the Dons supporters were booing the poor umpiring.

"Don't say you're booing because they ducked their heads, don't say youre booing because of the umpires that's crap. We gotta appreciate them" slobbo robbo.

No we don't. They aren't gods.

I thought derwayne said it was all pantomime boos last week. Which media personality from the afl can tell me the right way to think. I can't do it without them!!!!

Hocking should and needs to call it out.

If he wants to be seen as consistent yes he needs to call it out, after all he called out Ablett's booing.

It's impossible to stop people booing but I'm interested in seeing how they will tackle it (it'll be amusing to see them try and stop it). Are they going to try and get the integrity unit to identify the booers over social media ?

There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and booing in a crowd situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Don't say you're booing because they ducked their heads, don't say youre booing because of the umpires that's crap. We gotta appreciate them" slobbo robbo.

No we don't. They aren't gods.

I thought derwayne said it was all pantomime boos last week. Which media personality from the afl can tell me the right way to think. I can't do it without them!!!!
You Go Girl!

I've booed opposition players and umpires. And everytime I did, as an adult, I felt somewhat stupid. It's such an infantile thing.

Having said that, Robbo just said on AFL360 that he's "lost faith in humanity" because Ablett and Pendlebury were booed. Seriously. Last week in Sri Lanka, a group of people blew 300 innocent people and themselves to smithereens. And he lost faith in humanity because a couple of footballers got booed.

Some perspective please.

Umps were s**t but you cant rely on the umps getting it all right to win

Piss poor by the bombers fans. Once the umps are off, let it go.
Not the day to be acting like that. Not sure any day is really.

Great match by both sides today

Good post.

FWIW the Bombers can gain a lot of positives out of today. Thought they played pretty well.

Umpires had left. Boos had stopped. When he was announced hermit started again. You are misinformed.

Maybe I can boo Eddie judging by your criteria.

Why does it matter if the umpires had left -i said they were booing the game as a whole. Today was a farce. People were angry & they expressed it. You are completely enforcing my point - the booing was not directed at the individuals, it was a boo to display a total dissatisfaction of the total crap the AFL rolled out today. They ruined it for everyone watching in the stands and on the TV. I can assure you where i was watching the game, as Pendles was making his speech, no one cared what he was saying, we all were talking about what a travesty that final quarter was.

Anger doesnt just disappear when the instigator leaves the room mate - this website and forum is total proof of that. The game finished an hour ago and there are still 100's of people talking about it.

Respect for who? Who was disrespected? It was a bloody boo. Respect had been shown to the Anzacs at dawn services. If people booed there, that's disrespectful. Booing at a footy game that latches on to Anzacs, and accusing them of being disrespectful to Anzacs as somehow representative of booing Anzacs is a very long reach my friend.
so you agree anzac medal presentation ceremony 10 minutes after the game is the right time to boo do you?

Disgusting behaviour by all posters who act like they've never heard booing before. Grow up and go to the football. What a soft generation.

Couldn't give a toss if we get the crap booed out of us by any other fan base. It's sport and it's the fans game, not the medias!
Yep, lock out all fans and just let the media in for free and let the ******* sport die for all I care . Clearly we are all moronic plebs and they are gods and we have no right to do anything but worship the ground they walk on. Suck my D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back