Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Classless and absolutely scummy. I have no issues with booing, but there is a time and a place.
That time isn't on Anzac day well after the siren has sounded and the medal winner is doing his speech.
Boo the umpires, but when the speech is being done on a day like this, stop.

Well done on Buckley for calling them out.

Absolutely classless

Boo all you want, but post match when he’s collecting the BOG award and trying to thank everyone and pay respects to the ANZAC’s, just sound like a bunch of salty cretins.
Well hes got all his afl cronies and media personalities to say what scum the paying spectators are so there's that.

D4_Z4D0UwAANwKi.jpg

Na the one where he ducked his head to draw a free kick.
Everyone except collingwood fans says he did it therefore he did it.
Take the pies glasses off
and take your bombers glasses off mate. Pies led all day, had more scoring shots, more disposals, more inside 50s, better disposal efficiency but Essendon should of won?

Classless and absolutely scummy. I have no issues with booing, but there is a time and a place.
That time isn't on Anzac day well after the siren has sounded and the medal winner is doing his speech.
Boo the umpires, but when the speech is being done on a day like this, stop.

Well done on Buckley for calling them out.

Absolutely classless
So you are saying you are classless and scummy, ok, got it

Oh, and Collingwood fans and Nathan Buckley on their high horse? I’ll just leave this here......

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I didn't boo - and I didn't like that either.
Both incidents then and today were showed poor sportsmanship and were disrespectful.
As for the Tigers....I wouldn't go there matey...the highest horse your supporters could be on would be a Shetland pony

I don't think it was inappropriate for Buckley to call them out today though

Unethical behaviour doesn't matter to Essendon. I should have known...

You're meant to be a mod mate. Essendon were utterly screwed out of a win. People look forward to that game all year and the umpires handed it to Collingwood. A few minutes after that you want Essendon to be happy and joyous and roll with it? The booing was not directly at Pendles, it was about the umpires. The fact the TV crew got 4 toothless Bombers supporters does not represent the whole mob. Pendles is a champion and did not deserve booing, but to sit there and talk about unethical behaviour in a game where Essendon had a win taken from them by the umpires.... move along mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can we just acknowledge baguley's well deserved bloody ripper of a goal 15 meters out directly in front? The infringement was so bad I dont understand how it wasn't 50 meters resulting in a 2nd kick on goal straight after the first

Can we also acknowledge the brilliant job Cox did of throwing his hands up and getting a bullshit free after Hooker marked it?

At least Baguley can kick straight.

Pretty classless stuff booing a champion during a medal ceremony.

This goes double for it being on ANZAC day. Do we take the game away from the Bombers if their fans can't live up to its tenets?

If we want to cry about umpiring, let's talk about the couple of cheap goals Essendon got for soft/invisible free kicks, including Baguely's late. In the end, they were behind for 100% of the game. Maybe a touch unlucky late, but that's sport. Boo decisions or whatever during the game, once the siren goes you suck it up and accept that L, don't behave like a mob of feral cry babies.

So should we just boo everything then? Eddie Betts on his 300th game for example.
Boo at the Brownlow etc etc.

Who cares? I do. I'd like to think there is some respect still shown in sport. Good manners and sportsmanship. It's not hard.
Feel sorry for you for being so cynical and bitter.

Eddie's had bananas and been booed after kicking a brilliant goal. The vicco media didn't carry on then like this. As for the brownlow, moving the goal posts much? Racism obviously I say boo to that. Booing Eddie in his 300th? Knock your **** off. Couldn't care less. If it gets under a players skin they are mentally weak. It's a boo.

Why do people get so upset about booing nowadays? People have been booing things they don't like for years, why has it become upsetting for so many people now? It's not just sport, people may boo a play, show or concert they aren't happy with it.

What the Essendon fans don't realise, is that they get a very good run from the umpires most weeks. Just one of those teams that gets a lot of the 50-50 calls and soft decisions in their favour, and are only penalised when it's an obvious infringement.

So on a rare day like today when some decisions don't go their way, it's unfathomable to them. Now they are collectively having a "does not compute" meltdown.

We're in the bottom third or quarter for free kicks. But yeah don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Why does it matter if the umpires had left -i said they were booing the game as a whole. Today was a farce. People were angry & they expressed it. You are completely enforcing my point - the booing was not directed at the individuals, it was a boo to display a total dissatisfaction of the total crap the AFL rolled out today. They ruined it for everyone watching in the stands and on the TV. I can assure you where i was watching the game, as Pendles was making his speech, no one cared what he was saying, we all were talking about what a travesty that final quarter was.

Anger doesnt just disappear when the instigator leaves the room mate - this website and forum is total proof of that. The game finished an hour ago and there are still 100's of people talking about it.
Was a tough tight game. Pity we can’t play Richmond every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back