Opinion Which current North player would you want kicking for goal from 60m after the siren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was watching the end of the Swans v * game last night. It got me thinking who on our current team you'd want taking a set shot from that far out after the siren. I was struggling to think of anyone of our lads who would have that kick in them. In the end I think Ziebs or McDonald but wouldn't be confident in the slightest. Which Roos player do you have?

First thought is Lukey Mac, Ziebell and maybe Pittard

I'd be disappointed if I was a * supporter, surely most could make that distance with a big torp? Even if it's less accurate it's better than falling short surely

Not sure why people think LMac is a long kick - maybe it's his wind up but it's an urban myth.. He rarely makes the distance from 55 when he runs past for a handball and if he does he misses near side.

Polec, Tarrant, Hall, Ziebull, Campbell and Pittard have all kicked drop punt goals from 60 in their careers.

I dont like how the torp is out these days... would be happy to see someone take it on from 50, its not as if our guys are super accurate set shots anyway

I wonder if Ahern has the journey. Have seen him hit a long ball, not sure about the set shot though. Double up on the Toms, Murphy and Campbell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have to pick a guy that had a reasonable chance of being in that position - ie take a mark 60 out - then I would go Higgo first then JZ.

Greatest kick of all time? My old man was right on the wing that day apparently, mind-blowing scenes.

Hard to beat as greatest ever. I was there. People forget - Blighty kicked 3 rippers in time on to win the game off his own boot. We were gone. They were all cracker goals. The winning kick sensational. A good family friend was working in the social club serving the Carlton directors - she hated them them. As Blighty lined up the last kick they were all laughing saying no way he could kick that. She kept muttering under her breath - kick it please, kick it please. As the Carlton head honchos all fell back in their chairs devastated she cheered - a somewhat muted cheer but enough to get the glares. Dawn has gone to God now but I loved her telling that story at family parties. Ironically she was a go dees supporter - she just hated Carlton.

Hard to beat as greatest ever. I was there. People forget - Blighty kicked 3 rippers in time on to win the game off his own boot. We were gone. They were all cracker goals. The winning kick sensational. A good family friend was working in the social club serving the Carlton directors - she hated them them. As Blighty lined up the last kick they were all laughing saying no way he could kick that. She kept muttering under her breath - kick it please, kick it please. As the Carlton head honchos all fell back in their chairs devastated she cheered - a somewhat muted cheer but enough to get the glares. Dawn has gone to God now but I loved her telling that story at family parties. Ironically she was a go dees supporter - she just hated Carlton.

Yeah that's what my old man always said - people obviously remember the goal but Blight was sublime in time on, dragging us back into it when we seemed gone. I wasn't born in '76 obviously but grew up knowing Carlton were the enemy: always sweet to smash those born to rule arrogant campaigners.
It shits me when people feel sorry for them actually - I do remember them up and about in the 90's, they were the *en worst.
Plus John Elliot trying to buy our club of course. Long may they suffer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back