Autopsy Rd 8 Blues deserving but no reward again

Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Not sure how it can't be seen that Cunners is coming along very nicely. Composure and time in traffic, core strength to stand up in or slip the tackle. And a dual position player dangerous as a forward and mid, exactly what we have needed. Starting to find more footy and in more dangerous positions as well.
Absolutely...well described by the way!

Great effort. Frustrating loss. Encouraging to see us compete with a quality side like the Pies, and arguably we should have won that. It would be brilliant to convert these honourable losses into wins, but you can clearly see this side starting to click. Lots of talent. Lots of cause for optimism.

We are going to be painfully inconsistent but seems to me like we’re on track. Of course, the usual trolls are out in full force but that’s BF for you - you just gotta ignore the 5% who have no idea and have nothing to do but take uninformed potshots.

This mod has a long history of disgraceful thread titles.

He is a disgrace to the board and to the club, he just needs to temper his testosterone a bit. Wish I could ignore him. Also wish the other mods on this board who are really sensible and fair got to start these types of threads. Because an unstable angry mod sets the tone for everyone to follow and pile on when it is not warrented.

I'll tell you who is a disgrace. It would be the person who started another website to compete with BigFooty when the Blue View was shut down, and for some reason has a bee in his bonnet about me stepping in to reopen it at the time, as requested by the person who shut it down.

I've been nothing but cordial to you but you made several cheap shots towards me. I am at a loss to know what your problem is.

There is one way to ignore my posts on this board at least. Don't let the green eyed door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Agreed. Not sure how it can't be seen that Cunners is coming along very nicely. Composure and time in traffic, core strength to stand up in or slip the tackle. And a dual position player dangerous as a forward and mid, exactly what we have needed. Starting to find more footy and in more dangerous positions as well.
I see confidence now, he never had it before. A fit and mature body will do that. Just needs to find the ball 5 times more a game. And get a good run at injury free footy.

Goal kicked too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is a pretty ugly disparity in free kicks. Even worse than the Orcs game - they only had double our free kicks. It would be nice to get some clarification on what the reasoning is. What are our boys doing wrong?
Maybe it's time SOS arranged to have a cuppa and a little chat with the umpies' boss...

Umpiring is a tough gig but that touched 'goal' was regulation, at the very least had to be reviewed before being given the 'all clear'.

What a howler at that stage of the game. Feel for you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy Dow needs a spell in the 2’s. Looks like a deer in the headlights every time he gets near the ball. His set shot for goal miss was criminal.

Waste of time kicking to him in forward line. He should be Mr Decoy until he learns how to hold and kick the ball properly.

What so it’s Bolton’s fault again that we lost, ******** you are a tosser.

No you're a tosser mate,

Did we play one on one last quarter? tick - fail
Did we slow down the play last quarter? cross - fail

What did we do? Pushed players behind the ball one on one. What we should have done - spread, slow down the play for at least two minutes. But we went one on one as far as I saw. Against Collingwood with their quality.... we lost it in the coaches box prove it otherwise you can't.

This week its true.
Cant change that .
Ive said it a few times. The only thing to do is make them irelevant.
when something is so completely out of your control it sort of is - or should be!

Goes to show our makeshift backline held up quite well. I thought Levi held his own on Reid, could it be defence is his new position?
Not needed when Jones is back.

To be fair to casboult, he wasn't supposed to play if all fit. But has been handy with curnow, McGovern and Jones missing games. Sure he will stuff up but overall has been handy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thought Elena must be umpiring! Before the presser I hope our media team cut up a video of all those shocking calls.. the Plowman non free was astonishing. Cop a fine so what...

This is the point in the season where we’ll just go all that effort for no reward and just pull one surprise win round 19 and end up 2/20 again.

Sadly Bolts just can’t get them to close a game... downfall.
IMO it wasn't the umps. And I don't think it's necessarily Bolts fault. We weren't good enough! Every team has umpire decisions go against them. Yes, those decisions in the final minutes can be critical. IMO we we have the physical fitness and essentially the skills.....our failing is in competing effectively in the mental combat in the final minutes of a game.

Umpiring is a tough gig but that touched 'goal' was regulation, at the very least had to be reviewed before being given the 'all clear'.

What a howler at that stage of the game. Feel for you guys.
Umpiring is a tough gig is a fair call when we’re talking about a few decisions here and there and an explainable free kick differential but it’s an easy out when free kicks are 24-8 with only 2 of the 8 in the second half in a close game that we had the better of for the majority. It’s indefensible.

I am sorry friends, but umpiring didn't cost us the game, our kids running out of gas, and lack of on field assurance and gravitas in the final stanza did..

If the umpiring is fair dinkum in the first 3.5 quarters we're up by 6-7 goals with 10 to play and the Pies final scores are to provide them an honorable loss.

Back