• Yes

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hell yeah!

Votes: 70 72.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but the point is the #2 and #3 forward spots are occupied by Ryder and Westy, and for mine I would stick with them a little longer. But exactly as you say, the question for the selectors is do they put Marshall into the #2 spot even though he is horribly out of form, and just expect he will turn it around instantly?

For mine, send Marshall back, get him back in form and leave Frampton surrounded by experience to give him his best chance to succeed. If/When Marshall hits some solid continuous form then we need to look at how the forward line can structure with him in it.

Any longer and the year will be over.

The last three years have gone exactly the same, start with structure and game plan and for what ever reason we end up back here.

Skill less, structure less with our best players being our defenders.

Sure we where we’ll down on talent last night but when you simply can’t pick up a ball or hit a target from 20 meters then we are teaching our kids * all.

We can play Frampton, Howard and Marshall forward with Westhoff down back. He's gone alright as a tall defender on the occasions he's gone back. He can be a late career addition to the not good enough forwards we turned into defenders.

Lycett and Ryder swap off the bench and occasionally forward as a shock tactic. RussellEbertHandball has said for a long time that Ryder is ineffective as a permanent key forward.

This coach cannot want to actually win games with the selections and game plan. So therefore he won't pick players to win. Unless Frampton suddenly gets a feel good social media video that can be made of him he is not being picked.

Or he gets fat and barely gets a touch at sanfl level.

He basically threw the game with those selections.

And then to swing Doogs forward where the team actually looked effective.

What a fraud.

I don't know if you were upstairs post-match but when Hinkley said players will get an opportunity when things aren't working out I wanted to either throw an egg or rock and cry.

It’s a crying shame as this new thread is a complete waste of time as Kenny has his heart set on not playing him. Kenny is such an idiot!!

Last edited:
Billy not kicking enough goals this week to get selection.

Coming of the bye we need him to go out this coming week and provide an option, keep taking marks and kicking goal.

Any reason for Hinkley to not pick him.

We can play Frampton, Howard and Marshall forward with Westhoff down back. He's gone alright as a tall defender on the occasions he's gone back. He can be a late career addition to the not good enough forwards we turned into defenders.

Lycett and Ryder swap off the bench and occasionally forward as a shock tactic. RussellEbertHandball has said for a long time that Ryder is ineffective as a permanent key forward.

Ryder is averaging 10 possessions and less than 3 marks a game. Not really good enough for a bloke of his talents.

Frampton over Westhoff, or Ladhams over Ryder

781.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want Ryder to cente half back.
Ladhams into the ruck to replace him.
Forward line: Howard, Frampton, Marshall, Ebert, Rozee, Butters
Drop whoever is necessary to achieve this.
Young forward line.
I don't care; give me some reason to want to go to games.
Doesn’t Young play for the Suns now?

Last edited:
We should be building our forward line around Frampton (Dixon if/when fit) and Marshall. If that means Ryder and/or Westhoff need to be dropped, then so be it.

I mean, they have both spent more than a decade in the league showing time and again that they struggle to have a consistent impact when played predominantly forward. That's not going to suddenly change now. At the moment, in the roles they're playing, they are both liabilities.

Let's see what the two kids have to offer...it really can't be much worse than what Ryder and Hoff have been dishing up!

Like it. It keep the rucks fresh and hopefully dominant. Both of our rucks have been disappointing up forward this year.

I'd do Jonas and Frampton in, Marshall out, Howard forward, and Westhoff to a wing.
What a difference a few weeks make hey?

If only we had 2 Howards.
Our only really tall KPD and a good KPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back