• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with the media overrating Port every year?

They’ve done nothing since 2014, they’ve proven time and time again to be head cases that find new ways to embarrass themselves and yet they are rated, why?

I think in the last few years it's because guys like Kane and Durrrr-Wayne are always pumping up their tyres in the media.

Personally I don't think many of the Melbourne scribes actually watch anything aside from the Victorian teams and because Kane and Russell keep talking up Port players as though they're superstars they just roll with that narrative and think it's true.

I think in the last few years it's because guys like Kane and Durrrr-Wayne are always pumping up their tyres in the media.

Personally I don't think many of the Melbourne scribes actually watch much of our games and because Kane and Russell keep talking up Port players as though they're superstars they just roll with that narrative and think it's true.

There's also a bit of the media's determination to hype up trade week/free agency beyond all reasonable proportion.

They keep adding feted missing puzzle pieces year on year (Lycett, Watts, Rockliff, Dixon, Motlop, Ryder) which is talked about ad nauseum, despite the fact that most of the players are at best, above average.

I'd just like to rehash my highlight for the weekend. With a minute left in the first half Pyke was on the bench giving instruction and direction to players sitting next to him, meanwhile Kern was sat in the coaches box with his headset on the desk and a confused look on his face.
I don't think Ken has a match day role apart from motivation speeches.

Bass and Schoefield.run the show match day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ken looked like a stunned mullet, no notes or tablet in front of him, not talking, no headset. Looked totally clueless.

The look of a man who's just forgotten the handbrake and seen his car rolling backwards down a hill. Sees what's happening, knows it's going to be a disaster, but also is powerless to stop it.

There's also a bit of the media's determination to hype up trade week/free agency beyond all reasonable proportion.

They keep adding feted missing puzzle pieces year on year (Lycett, Watts, Rockliff, Dixon, Motlop, Ryder) which is talked about ad nauseum, despite the fact that most of the players are at best, above average.
They've been unanimous October premiers for 2 years running. You'd think they'd landed Brownlow medallists the way the media carries on about their trades.

They've been unanimous October premiers for 2 years running. You'd think they'd landed Brownlow medallists the way the media carries on about their trades.

Part of it arises out of activity itself.

Realistically, movement between afl teams of truly elite players (let's say AA level calibre) is exceedingly rare.

That means when it happens the effect of this is blown out of all proportion relative to the players actual output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that when they had a split screen with both coaches on?

Pyke was in deep discussion with Lynch, gesturing and talking tactics.

Ken looked like a stunned mullet, no notes or tablet in front of him, not talking, no headset. Looked totally clueless.

I'd not presume to comment on what an AFL coach should be doing in the box, but... crikey there's nothing going on there.

No mention of his soft as butter brother’s total squibbing !
😆

No mention from Dwayne Russell about it either.

Motlop gets linked to Adelaide, Dwayne on Trade Week Radio "Adelaide are crazy", "Geelong can't wait to get rid of him", "waste of money", "soft, lazy, disinterested" etc

He goes to Port and Russell has never said another bad word about him. Even after that massive squib on Saturday night (that cost them a goal), Dwayne didn't acknowledge it and instead chose to pot Lyon and Brown saying their comments were "harsh" for calling Motlop out and saying he was soft.

Um, yeah AFL, how can you ask for a please explain on the actions on something that you said was okay?

I think it's fine what the AFL and the umpire did. It's not like it happens every week, the umpire did the right thing to give a warning but the AFL needs to make it known to other players they won't just get a warning if they do the same thing. It would have been criminal to effectively give Essendon the match because of that. Common sense umpiring is a good thing.

Yep. Said last week they should have found him guilty, given him a week, then given a week discount for being a good bloke if they really wanted. Now they have no choice but to let him keep elbowing people in the face.
Open season on elbows now, Fyfe picked the right weekend to do his couldn't charge him and let golden boy off

I suppose Ablett keeps his good record since apparently, he hasn't ever done anything wrong?

Meaning he can roll out the good bloke pass until they finally get him on something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back