AFL Toast 7 point win over Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible game to watch. The skill level from both sides was bloody average at times. However it is that type of game we have had a habit of losing in the past as we do not do well when the opposition plays a lot of man on man zone. Right now we are giving away an average of 55 points a game from our turnovers which is a horrible number and the second highest in the league. On the plus side is we are scoring around 46 points a game of opposition but we just need to knock off a decent percentage of turnovers. People can call the coach whatever they want but even he must be going home and kicking holes in the wall watching us kick it to our opposite numbers or missing easy set shots.

I have been going on about being 1 midfielder short but right now we just need someone who can take a mark in the forward half.
Happy with the way Parish played baring a couple of ordinary kicks. Looked to be using his run and link like he can.
Langford despite his slow decision making process was good.
Still prefer McGrath at half back.
Shiel 2 goals :):):):):)
Begley good as far as general play but four points :mad:
Joe:mad:
Francis second efforts :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Geulfi desperation :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Redman :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Walla good but stop flying for everything ;)

So I didn't watch the game. I gather Langford was an improvement on Myers? Did he go through the forward line?
Hell yeah . Played 90% midfield. He is a slow decision maker but he is better than Myers.

Just curious as to what you think makes him “very” unique rather than just your standard unique?
Are you being pedantic, just curious?

I feel like I explained why I think he's "very unique" but here's another attempt.

He has the field kicking skills and cleverness of Dean Rioli (unique) combined with the frame and athletic qualities of Paul Vander Haar. Add that he is quick and you have "very unique" - whereas Rioli and Vanders were just "unique" - IMO of course.

Are you being pedantic, just curious?

I feel like I explained why I think he's "very unique" but here's another attempt.

He has the field kicking skills and cleverness of Dean Rioli (unique) combined with the frame and athletic qualities of Paul Vander Haar. Add that he is quick and you have "very unique" - whereas Rioli and Vanders were just "unique" - IMO of course.

Pedantic yes haha. Sorry it is one of my pet peeves - the definition of unique is “one of a kind”...therefore, how can something or someone be “very” unique?

So how does Connor Blakely compare with Myers and could we send Myers back to WA with a draft pick in exchange?
I would but I am not sure we could talk them into it.

Pedantic yes haha. Sorry it is one of my pet peeves - the definition of unique is “one of a kind”...therefore, how can something or someone be “very” unique?
It's an informal chat forum mate. If you want to be pedantic maybe take an inward look. Your first phrase isn't a sentence. Then you are missing a comma after the using the word 'sorry', and that sentence should end with a full stop (not with the use of ellipses). Therefore, "Therefore"should be capitalised.

But where does it all end ??? It just detracts from the spirit of the forum and wastes people's time IMO.

60 points for the win. Interesting.

Our last 4 games have been 69, 54, 72, 60. Very uninspiring stuff.

Blues is our only winnable game over the next month. Looking at 5-9 before we hit some winnable games.
Hawthorn is definitely a winnable game. Whether we do or not is another matter of course, but they're nothing special at all.

Hawthorn is definitely a winnable game. Whether we do or not is another matter of course, but they're nothing special at all.
And it isn't as if Richmond don't have 4 of their 5 most important players out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firmly on the Guelfi bandwagon, love him. Frang building nicely now he getting a few games in, who'd have thought it. Just get Ridley in for Baguley, enough already.

There's a glimmer of hope, just a glimmer. Cant be playing this way for much longer though.

Edit; I'd say he's the most gifted allround player we've had since Rioli in terms of vision and skills, also struggles with fitness but power athlete on top. Scary talent.
I would have listed AMT well before Francis for this trait.

Hahaha.
Yeah, because he had a great game :thumbsu:

If he stuck to basics and didn’t have an obsession with getting out the back, or jumping on top of his opponent when the ball is 20m away, or running under the ball to avoid contact, he may actually improve.

Langford won’t make it, yet we have people defend mediocrity day after day creating the Zaharakis and Myers of tomorrow.

Oh happy day
We’ll see I guess. I hope Langford gets half the opportunity of those two to make something of himself. Zaharakis never gets dropped (but worth mentioning he had a great game last night, our most damaging kick) despite a lack of two way running most the time and Myers rarely.

Ross Lyon is a slob..walking around with his shirt untucked and his little beer gut nearly hanging out.

Stuart Dew likes this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horrible game to watch. The skill level from both sides was bloody average at times. However it is that type of game we have had a habit of losing in the past as we do not do well when the opposition plays a lot of man on man zone. Right now we are giving away an average of 55 points a game from our turnovers which is a horrible number and the second highest in the league. On the plus side is we are scoring around 46 points a game of opposition but we just need to knock off a decent percentage of turnovers. People can call the coach whatever they want but even he must be going home and kicking holes in the wall watching us kick it to our opposite numbers or missing easy set shots.

I have been going on about being 1 midfielder short but right now we just need someone who can take a mark in the forward half.
Happy with the way Parish played baring a couple of ordinary kicks. Looked to be using his run and link like he can.
Langford despite his slow decision making process was good.
Still prefer McGrath at half back.
Shiel 2 goals :):):):):)
Begley good as far as general play but four points :mad:
Joe:mad:
Francis second efforts :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Geulfi desperation :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Redman :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Walla good but stop flying for everything ;)
Watching the replay. Our contested marking - all over the ground but especially in the F50 - missing handball targets and goal kicking are the glaring defects of our game. Once this comes together (and given the talent on our list, it should) we will be much more competitive, regardless of the team selections.

Watching the replay. Our contested marking - all over the ground but especially in the F50 - missing handball targets and goal kicking are the glaring defects of our game. Once this comes together (and given the talent on our list, it should) we will be much more competitive, regardless of the team selections.

We're actually missing McKernan in this regard.

Yes, he may be a bit of a strange unit sometimes but he can take a grab.

Daniher isn't the best contested mark... therefore he doesn't provide that release option for our backline, or reward for forward entries

Weird game. Was not played as the defensive slog it looked on paper. Both teams horrendous using the ball inside 50.

Stringer was probably the only player on the ground whose game was worth mentioning.

Good to see reward for playing the kids. Not only did the sky not fall in but we controlled most of game.

I didn't think any of Redman, Langford, Begley or Francis did more than a job. 5/10s all round but that was basically everyone else too.

The pleasing thing is that spots were justified with the promise of much more to come.

Francis looks like he could break out and kick 5 or 6 and take 10 marks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back