AFL Toast 7 point win over Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.
Because an AFL footballer needs to have a ****een brain.
When Freo had all of the momentum he decides to take on multiple tacklers in our backline.

That is my take away. He’s a spud that takes too long to make a decision.

He’s not alone.
So we should ignore a large amount of good every player does and just focus on the mistakes? Sure.

Let’s delist Joey then. ****ing spud lol

So we should ignore a large amount of good every player does and just focus on the mistakes? Sure.

Let’s delist Joey then. ******* spud lol

Hahaha.
Yeah, because he had a great game :thumbsu:

If he stuck to basics and didn’t have an obsession with getting out the back, or jumping on top of his opponent when the ball is 20m away, or running under the ball to avoid contact, he may actually improve.

Langford won’t make it, yet we have people defend mediocrity day after day creating the Zaharakis and Myers of tomorrow.

Oh happy day

Ambrose is taking players apart without any fanfare whatsoever. His opponents would ruddy hate him. Super season he's putting together, his diciplne is incredible
His skills aren’t the best but he knows how to beat his man.

What a great transformation from the failed forward he was early

Let’s delist Joey then. ******* spud lol
To be honest, I can see it a bit both ways with Langford. Great game in some regards, but I struggle to see how he can improve the speed of decision making. It's like he stops to take a poll from those around him on his best option.

Hahaha.
Yeah, because he had a great game :thumbsu:

If he stuck to basics and didn’t have an obsession with getting out the back, or jumping on top of his opponent when the ball is 20m away, or running under the ball to avoid contact, he may actually improve.

Langford won’t make it, yet we have people defend mediocrity day after day creating the Zaharakis and Myers of tomorrow.

Oh happy day

Today has been a great day for shit takes

Well, it was far from pretty. Pretty ugly actually. Some nice moments in what was a relatively forgettable game. Bank the 4 points and start working towards beating Richmond for the first time in 5 years.
A win is a win. With the shit house handballing we showed during the Freo game Tigers will rip us a new 1...and then some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the freo player ran back with the flight of the ball, made front on contact with Redman took Redman to the ground and got paid the free kick himself for what exactly was the kick paid for?

Gil: EAD Essendon

High contact, Redmans arm was around the back of his neck.

There were some nice aspects of this game. Mostly watching the ball move between the hands of our kids.

Francis did well as a forward, great pinch hitting in a still unfamiliar role. Marked a few but brought many more to ground.

I still don’t understand yet what Begley will be. He’s definitely a player but not of a type we currently have anywhere else on the list. Exciting. Will be better for the run.

Langford was good. Sorry everyone but he’ll make it. He looked like the 2018 version last night. 24 touches at 87% efficiency.. 13 contested. Poised and busy.

Interesting - Fyfe had 24 too.. But only went at 70%. I guess Langford has finally surpassed him ha ha. Though 22 of Fyfe’s 24 were contested!

Francis is a very unique player imo. Obviously his fitness still needs work and he is extremely athletic but his instinctive handballs and taps to advantage in the forward line are very damaging.

If/when it all clicks for him he is going to be a very special player.

Edit; I'd say he's the most gifted allround player we've had since Rioli in terms of vision and skills, also struggles with fitness but power athlete on top. Scary talent.

Last edited:
Ump just had a great feel for the game mate. Gil told us that.
That would be Gil from the Always Right Football League ?

Francis is a very unique player imo. Obviously his fitness still needs work and he is extremely athletic but his instinctive handballs and taps to advantage in the forward line are very damaging.

If/when it all clicks for him he is going to be a very special player.

Edit; I'd say he's the most gifted allround player we've had since Rioli in terms of vision and skills, also struggles with fitness but power athlete on top. Scary talent.

Just curious as to what you think makes him “very” unique rather than just your standard unique?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back