Review Freo downs Pie, 6-5 before Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. What can you say? It was awesome! A massive surprise and Im ultra proud in the players but equally impressed in our coaches to drag that game back after it looked like we were gone and the Pies had the class.

Al I can say is, I’m starting to believe just a bit and imagine what we’d be like with even half the terrible skill errors.

Fyfe and Hill are huge and are easily our most important players.

Eliminating the skill errors are what happened in the first half of the third quarter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a win!

Ended their run. Played average, forced them to turn it over.

Let those tears flow over the Mayne touch, makes up for the four goals from free kicks inside fifty.

3 of those free kicks were bullshit too. The one against Hughes, he didn't even make contact. Reid fell forward and grabbed the top of his head. Hilly's run too far call was ludicrous. You can stand in 1 spot as long as you want.

Even though he has a point here that was so amateur the guy is scum.

On 360 last year he spent like 4 minutes talking about the Gaff/Brayshaw incident and I swear only about 5 seconds max of was about Brayshaw, the rest was on how everyone needs to get around and support Gaff because he's such good bloke normally.
To be fair to King, Gaff was going to be a Kangaroo and they didn't need him suspended for games next year.

Absolutely pumped!

Coming from behind in the third to a 12 point lead to come from behind again in the fourth and finish the way we did!

Connor was much better today - bulled his way through some contests.
FYFE - he is a champion. Top echelon of players and you could argue that on any day he is the best in the league.
Freo to the ball users - Watching us play to get the ball in Hill - wilson - ryans hands... More please and add hill and we can dream bennell.

Pearce looks like he has a small fracture from the way he was pointing at his foot at half time... i hope I am way wrong - could be a 2-5 week injury. Bye came at the right time.

Lobb was very good.
Hogan much better, we need to build his confidence.

Huge! Love this team's effort and spirit!

- Big credits to Ross - game plan was spot on
- Fyfe and Walters no words need to be said
- Fyfe's kicking has improved significantly
- Brayshaw was magnificent in the last
- Forward entries still an issue
- Lobb recruit of the year
- Hogan better but could have done more
- I'm starting to dream
- **** Ben Dixen

Fyfe is actually looking an elite kick this year to my eye test. Do the stats back that up?

Seems to have improved massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy that was a good win, thought it would go the other way. Loved how we stuck at it despite the lack of reward for effort for long periods.

We are supper organised behind and around the ball - that is standing up big time and making up for some of our less ingenious moments. Anybody laying into Ross, that is all on the coach, he's got us shaping well across the ground. Just need to tidy up some of the general play and get that fwd line on the same page and we'll play finals.

Massive scalp on the back of Bucks being outcoached in a few pivotal changes, few squandered opportunities and some poor 50m entries to clean up.

Biggest highlight for me other than Sonnys cool nerve was the last quarter coast to coast goal from the kick in, 15 seconds of run n gun football.

Fyfe is actually looking an elite kick this year to my eye test. Do the stats back that up?

Seems to have improved massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's taking good options which just makes things look better all around. He's at that stage now where the pace of the game, even a heated one like this, doesn't throw him and he can play his game. It's where players like Brayshaw and Tucker need to get to - and it only comes with time.

Mayne may have touched that Sonny kick in the 3rd quarter with his finger (as he claims), and it might even make the victory more sweeter if he did, but I get the feeling the AFL will annoy everyone in the media making a big deal about the review system by saying that there wasn't conclusive video evidence at the time to overturn the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back